It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scary: People Who Watch and Trust Fox News Will Surprise You

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Afraid to Watch the News, Millions Turn to Fox Channel Offers Welcome Break from Reality, Psychologists Say

Source: borowitzreport.com

Andy Borowitz nailed it.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow

Originally posted by Target Earth

Originally posted by notsofunnyguy
Most of the Fox viewers are conservative Christians who read that fictional book, what's it called? Oh, yeah...

The Bible.

I'm glad you got a chance in there to throw a Jab at Christians... It's off topic, but I guess you'll try to fit your Propaganda in anywhere.... I love how open minded, the to smart for church crowd is...
I guess we can believe in NPR or hack Internet sites......

I am too smart for church. Anyone who can read is...

That said, yeah, FOX is right-winged entertainment and a tool for social control. It is well known and only those hearing what they want to hear are going to tune in. It isn't about credibility, it is about making people feel good and that is why viewers tune in.
edit on 17-3-2011 by SmokeandShadow because: (no reason given)

I'm sure your brilliant, a million times smarter then CS Lewis.... your by the book anti religion- anti conservative
banter, means you are a total free thinker, and I have been bested. Hats off too you.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by HaveAnotherOne
reply to post by NadaCambia

Ever heard of MSNBC?

Farther to the left than Fox is to the right.

MSNBC is centre.

The problem is all you Americans are so used to extreme right-wing media that anything left of it is considered near-Communism.

What about MSNBC is left-wing? You're confusing support for the Democrats, with support for the left. They're two entirely different things.

They want you to think they're on the left, but I assure you they're lying to you.
edit on 19-3-2011 by NadaCambia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Watch this video and understand that this is the model for all world leaders and media to this day.

www.5min.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

My grandmother will tell you..."That Sean Hannity is a real patriot."

There's no arguing with Nana.

At any rate, there is something about the wording and constant ALERT thing that unnerves me - as a linguist. They are really reframing every story as a requiring your immediate attention...

FOX NEWS ALERT: Lindsey Lohan is out of rehab
FOX NEWS ALERT: Some say Obama is a Muslim
FOX NEWS ALERT: There are those who disagree with Jesus Christ

It is very uncomforting, as though every story was the harbinger of certain End Times Prophecy...rattling up your nerves and attention to receive Earth-shattering information...but wait, it was just a fluff-piece about a new product or kitten in a tree.

ALERT: literally from Italian, all'erta meaning "to the tower" (as in, take up arms, under attack)

CNN is no better, just that instead of beating a dead horse with constant patrioti-chromatic pizzazz and buzzwords, they do it with half-hearted, "you decide" BS.

Those of you who say, "yeah, but then MSNBC balances it out because they are so leftist" seem to ignore that GE (former majority owner of the channel), Lockheed Martin and other defense contractors are major advertisers - which, in all honesty is not consumer-oriented...when was the last time you went out and bought a can of Lockheed Martin Cola or a GE Double Stack with fries and a coke. These ads are not geared toward you in the same way that Coke, Glade, GoToMyPC.com, and the Hoverround Mobility chair are (the last one is specifically geared towards my Nana, and most residents of Florida).

Also, let's keep in mind that MSNBC is now owned by Comcast, who receives its news content from NewsCorp, which is of course the parent company of Fox News...

So:

MSNBC

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
What continues to amaze me is how all the news from all over the world is the same news.

The difference comes in when different "news readers" start putting in their own opinions and commentary.

I am beginning to gravitate more and more to the Onion News Network. There you have little difficulty telling where the news ends and the opinion begins.

I just hope those like Sarah Palin and Ann Coulter will stay at Fox and not try to take the "Fact Zone" anchor position away from Brook Alvarez.

It often seems the reports they all give are based on the same information !!!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join