It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scary: People Who Watch and Trust Fox News Will Surprise You

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ag893

A god that talks to a man, and suggests to him that he sacrifice his son, Or a god that commands people to kill children... Or a god that leaves you no hope for the future (revelations) or is capable of punishing you infinitely for finite sin (hell) .... I have a name for him: Vengeful, Jealous, Genocidal Sociopath.

If I heard voices telling me those things, I'd check myself into a mental hospital.

If there is truth in the bible, it is sparse. It has also been edited, and re-edited countless times. So this "perfect" book looks about as clean to me as a hooker on a street corner claiming to be a virgin.

Nice try.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
I dunno, pick your flavor of propaganda...

I prefer mostly to come to message boards filled with at least some highly intelligent people....so I'm always at ATS

After I sift through opinions and gain an intersubjective view, I switch to the articles which would seem to interest me the most, and do my best to put the pieces together.

I would certainly NEVER spend a full 30 minutes aimlessly watching the tele in hopes that something cool will be shown.

That seems to be way dumb these days, imo. I catch torrents, commercial free, else watch clips online.

If I focus on any issue for more than a few minutes, I make sure to gather multiple sources.

At the end of the day, I sort through everything learned. I do a reviewing process, kind of continuously, but mostly towards passing out.

People who JUST watch Fox News... they must be retarded. I know, my dad's one. He was very smart growing up, and still has some reasoning intact because he still reads at least 40 sci-fi books each year, and runs a company. Still, the Fox News seems to have done wonders at lowering his critical thinking skills.... by quite a bit.

so your dad is stupid now?

good luck with the inheratence!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ag893

Your gonna be begging to read that ficitional book during these last days when your whole world disintegrates before your eyes.
Trust me when I say this...re-reading a book I found to be ridiculous, full of flaws, and clearly generated by the consciousness of man the first time I read it, will not be on my list of things to do during my last days alive on this Earth.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
all t.v. land is fabricated entertainment.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Fox News, is the only news media we can trust, here in USA.
They give the raw information. And you decide if it's good or bad news.

I sure doesn't trust CNN or ABC news.
They are far to biased.

PS. I am an Atheist. And I was born in Sweden. Now I am an American.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ag893

Your gonna be begging to read that ficitional book during these last days when your whole world disintegrates before your eyes. Hell, its been happening everywhere else in the world. Don't think for a second, your not next. Its only a matter of time. The Bible is the complete truth and nothing but. All the disasters happening now are evidence of it. So laugh and scoff. But you won't be soon enough!

It's scary that people like you are allowed out in public and can vote.

There is no god. That is fact.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by DevilJin

If you want to get actual news, you have to go outside US sources; We've abandoned any variety of journalistic integrity in favor of advertising dollars and "EXXXTREME" programming.

Yes, when I moved to USA from Sweden.
I was surprised, that I could not find a news channel, that showed news from everywhere.
All I could get was either only local news, or some "sensation news" from outside of USA.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Maybe some of these people should watch this video to find out how Fox manipulate the viewers.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Surprise me? It's hardly a mystery why Americans trust infotainment (CNN, FOX, MSNBC).
It's so obvious, I don't even need to say it.
edit on 18-3-2011 by sliceNodice because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
It has become official policy that NEWS need not exist in the U.S.A. since Reagan repealed the Fairness Doctrine. (Please, no pointless partisan bickering, Clinton did not reinstate it when he had the chance.)

The important thing is, we know that these outlets play to particular audiences, and lean toward a particular political side. From there, it is easy to use the wonderful thing called "critical thinking" to make up your own mind on the subjects at hand.

the Billmeister

p.s.
It never ceases to amaze me that someone who attaches the label "Christian" to themselves, behaves in a manner totally opposed to the teachings they claim to espouse.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
did you know fox news is cnn ? cnn owns fox news lol

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
News = propaganda for the elite, if it is a part of their plan we will be notified. if it does not fit their plan we do not get told. if it is for the good of the people or to open our minds forget about them.
DO NOT PAY ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by tomten

F = 6
O = 15 = 6
X = 24 = 6
FOX = 666
Beware he comes in sheep clothing, but is s lies like a FOX...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

And now a little bit about the author of the article.

America's Future Now! 2010 Speaker Biographies

Ilyse Hogue is the Director of Political Advocacy and Communications for MoveOn.org. She's been at MoveOn for 4 years and three election cycles and focuses on resonating the voices of 5 million members to help shape the priorities of our elected leadership.

I'm wondering if she has an agenda in what she writes? Is MoveOn.org a good nonpartisan source?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ag893

The Bible is an imperfect book, written by Bronze Age and Iron Age peoples to explain the workings of the universe. It is no more true than any other collection of myths from the period. Not only that, but it has been re-written and edited more than once so that information has been added and subtracted. It has some value as history, but that's about all.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ag893
Reply to post by notsofunnyguy

Your gonna be begging to read that ficitional book during these last days when your whole world disintegrates before your eyes. Hell, its been happening everywhere else in the world. Don't think for a second, your not next. Its only a matter of time. The Bible is the complete truth and nothing but. All the disasters happening now are evidence of it. So laugh and scoff. But you won't be soon enough!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

The world will only disintegrate when the masses heads are stuck in a fictional book, and not in determining how to work to fix things. "Oh look my city is crumbling before my eyes I'm going to heaven, better quote the bible and post it to facebook." The worst thing about religious nuts is that they're speeding up the process because to them it's a "sign" of impending doom and the apocalypse Why would they care? They all get in to heaven all because a little faith in what can never be proven. Me on the other hand, go to hell because I refuse to believe in something that has been shaped (lately) through trial and error to keep us docile towards authority and ready to die for a "religious cause" in their names. F%$# everything about that.

I know it's really stressful seeing disaster, and equating it to is the end times is what you've been taught. Billions (trillions?) before you spanning all the way to the Neanderthals (and maybe farther) thought that maybe their world would end too, so they made up stories about gods watching and protecting them. And today these stories live on through many religions. But that's conflicting with your views so you wont use logic when it goes against your indoctrination regimen. Wonder if anybody made it past "fictional book" up there ^^

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join