It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scary: People Who Watch and Trust Fox News Will Surprise You

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I'm personally shocked that ANYONE would follow either Faux News or BSNBC, but way too many people do...

I was directed to this story about Faux News watchers:

This growing audience also puts significant faith in the credibility of the news delivered by Fox, even while trust in other major news outlets declines. Fox is among the most trusted news outlets in the US, despite countless demonstrable instances of their anchors and pundits spreading misinformation. This rise in influence is not an accident or a coincidence. It is the result of a sophisticated strategy to gain market dominance through an almost monopolistic aggregation of media platforms in individual markets, an aggressive strategy of cross-marketing between entertainment and news, and a systematic denigration by Fox News on air of all other outlets.
Source.

It's just downright scary that even though the Bozo's at Fox have been shown to put BS before the truth on many, many occasions, there still is a vast number of people who tune into this joke of a News Network for their 'facts'... Is it any wonder that this country is swirling around the crapper??? It is only a matter of time before our journey to the Dark Side is complete...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I couldn't agree more Mr. Jax. Faux News is an abomination, spewing disinfo like it's going out of style!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
It's better than comedy central these days.

They have great stand up comedy on faux

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Most of the Fox viewers are conservative Christians who read that fictional book, what's it called? Oh, yeah...

The Bible.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I kind of chuckle to myself every time I hear them say "Time for some fair & balanced news."

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Reply to post by notsofunnyguy

Your gonna be begging to read that ficitional book during these last days when your whole world disintegrates before your eyes. Hell, its been happening everywhere else in the world. Don't think for a second, your not next. Its only a matter of time. The Bible is the complete truth and nothing but. All the disasters happening now are evidence of it. So laugh and scoff. But you won't be soon enough!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I've never watched fox news. Haven't had tv in 9 years now so that's not a suprise....BUT.....I love fox.
It get's the left wing hopping up and down in screaming meemies and makes things so much more entertaining for me.

You see, I am aware that fox is as right as the rest are left. It's just fun to see somebody else get fed up with bs for a change.

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ag893

And speaking of Faux News viewers...

It still amazes the living crap out of me that you Bible Thumpers are even on a site like this! If there was ever a definition of closed minds, it would be the people who believe that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree... Wait, that sounds alot like a Fox News story... What would Bill O'Reilly say? "Tides come in, tides go out..."

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Not scary at all - just a fact of life. FOX is a mainstream news source much like MSNBC, NY times, Huffington Post, and others. Each present their news in a way for a very specific audience.

What IS scary is if people get all of their news from one particular source. People are supposed to have a "well-balanced diet" of different sources for a particular report. Of course, people don't do this but it's the ideal.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I am wondering if the irony of posting an article originally published by The Guardian has been missed. One faux news source calling another faux news source unreliable is tantamount to the pot calling the kettle black. The Guardian has its own problems regarding the truth and propaganda and would be well advised to clean its own house before criticizing the state of another news agencies house...or, people could just learn to accept that news agencies are not fountains of truth, and are a form of entertainment, competing in the entertainment field for the most customers.

It is no more shocking that people watch and trust Fox News than it is that people read and trust Arthur Schlesinger Jr as a historian, or people actually buy that Obama is a "Constitutional expert". This is the world we live in and it is the way the world has been since time immemorial.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
And when a Republican is in office MSNBC and CNN will seem more credible.

People don't trust their leaders, therefore more readily trust news outlets that speak out against said leaders. It's one of the reasons The Daily Show and Colbert are two of the biggest "News Shows" there are; despite not being serious news shows and despite some obvious bias.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I could not help but notice there is no mention of CNN in the OP

The reason I feel that people still trust FOX News is because they BS they put forth is more in line with the views of their audience. I have always said that it is my feeling that FOX caters to the conservatives, while MSNBC caters to the Liberal audience and CNN is more middle of the road.

Ask yourself, is it still propaganda if you believe it?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

There is a difference of stating an opinion, and just being hateful.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

There is a difference of stating an opinion, and just being hateful.

In fairness to Jax, it was not as if he was responding to a poster who was the model of compassion. He was responding to someone who was asserting their own opinion in a way that appears to be salivating at the idea that Jax will suffer soon. That seems to be fairly hateful in itself.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsofunnyguy
Most of the Fox viewers are conservative Christians who read that fictional book, what's it called? Oh, yeah...

The Bible.

I'm glad you got a chance in there to throw a Jab at Christians... It's off topic, but I guess you'll try to fit your Propaganda in anywhere.... I love how open minded, the to smart for church crowd is...
I guess we can believe in NPR or hack Internet sites......

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ag893

Already read it. Cover to cover. More than once.

Bunk.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

You moron. I wasn't even talking to Jax!! I was adressing someone else who attacked what I believe in first! That's how the sparks start!!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join