It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I was touring our sky on google sky and found this while checking out Jupiter. I also apologize if the picture does not show. I have no idea how to do this

What do you think it is????

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
dont know what im supposed to be looking at??? Is it the blue lines?? If so its where the pics are spliced together

EDIT:After searching for the answer....5 mins later here it is lol...from another member on here from a post in 2007

"Those lines are due to diffraction around the spider vane of the telescope, they're common in astrophotography taken by telescopes with a central obstruction."

You can find the post here....3rd one down

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 17-3-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Are you talking about the 2 parallel blue lines?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DonnaLynn

If you are talking about the two parallel lines then they are likely to be satellites passing the field of view of the telescope when the exposure was made. If it is a Hubble image, then I have no idea.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
What is what? Be more specific, don't have a clue what you're asking about.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DonnaLynn

An old turn-based video game--Reach for the Stars (1983). I'm sure of it!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I have analyzed the image closely and have come to the conclusion that it is a 'screenshot' taken by a computer user while they were employing the facilities of a website entitled Google Sky.
edit on 18-3-2011 by Hardfelt because: I wished to insert update which includes further indepth research

edit on 18-3-2011 by Hardfelt because: I failed to include the indefinite article "an" in my previous 'reason for edit' entry

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
ok smarty pants! LOL, I was indeed talking about the two blue lines that are obviously not suppose to be there.

It just took me by surprise seeing it. But if you guys think it is spiced photos or satellites, I am ok with that.

new topics

top topics

join