It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Listen As ATS Member OldCorp Takes On Westboro Baptist LIVE: Friday, 03/18/11

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
hey Oldcorp is the same weirdos that you are talking about,I first saw them on Chasers a few years ago and couldnt understand what the hell they were protesting at
www.youtube.com...

Yup. Same jerkoffs.

Apparently, they are using these funeral protests to spread their message that God is punishing the US for tolerating homosexuality. IMO, they are doing it WRONG.

I've learned a few interesting facts about WBC in the last 24 hours:

They don't accept donations. If a like minded nutjob sends them money, they send it back.

They make most of their money by suing municipalities and individuals they feel have impinged on their 1st Amendment right to freedom of speech.

The "church" is comprised of Fred Phelps, his demon spawn, and their demon spawn. It's a totally incestuous family affair.

They have NEVER converted one person and accepted them into their church; according to them, we are ALL going to burn.
Whatever sweetheart.

Most of their family members are lawyers, which in itself is a good reason to shut them up.
J/K all you decent lawyers.

Shirley Phelps-Roper is an employee of the IRS.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by byteshertz

Originally posted by OldCorp
I get crap all of the time for my attitude towards RADICAL Muslims (not ALL Muslims mind you, just "radical" ones; you know, the guys who like to blow shi* up.) I can't wait to get the chance to take on a "Christian" and live up to my personal credo:
Also if you must be opposed to "radical" why not discribe it as radical people - not "radical Muslims"

Because the point of the post was to point out that I don't consider radicalism to be confined to Islam. Nutjobs come in all religious flavors.

I know this is you point with the christians so I am saying be against radical people, just check the way you say it IMO. And then you still have the problem of who's opinion defines the radicals.

As I said, radical (fundamentalist) people come from all religions. Insanity isn't confined to Islam; Christians and Jews suffer from it too. But when it comes to defining what is "radical," since it is MY opinion, then I am the one who gets to decide.

I'm only human; I can only tackle one group at a time.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Shameless bump.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
WOW! It's ALREADY started. You wouldn't believe the grief Russ and Lisa are taking from listeners angry that WBC got airtime.

Listen Live

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
OK. If I can get these several pieces of software and hardware to talk to each other, I'll be streaming the interview on Ustream HERE from 3-4 p.m. EST.
edit on 3/18/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Sorry, but no, I’ll pass on the listen. I'm not going to give any more attention to your or their sensationalism and hate.

You’re saying: ‘Let the fun begin’ and ‘Now to the good part’...

WBC is saying: ‘Let the fun begin’ and ‘Now to the good part’...

You’re saying: ‘They’re evil.’

WBC is saying: ‘You're evil.’

Honestly there's no difference between the two of you - here on the thread at least.

Their agenda is to be heard - the radio station's agenda? May be to keep WBC from the funeral, but will never be received as more than a publicity stunt.

Your agenda is to post your rant against them on ATS - even to point of joking over what you’ll do with all the ‘applause’ points.

Whatever the agendas? HATE IS ALWAYS HATE - and never right.

Sure, what they’re doing is wrong... But I’m hard pressed with the evidence you’ve given us here to say what you’re doing is right.

I also do NOT appreciate at all ANYONE suggesting there will be violence over WBC. DO you FORGET that the reason those soldiers died is for freedom? And that includes WBC freedom to speak - whether we agree with them or not.

This whole thing is making even a more despicable mockery of the death of those soldiers... So sad.

Best thing?

Ignore them. Period.

IGNORE THEM!

peace

edit on 18-3-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by OldCorp

Sorry, but no, I’ll pass on the listen. I'm not going to give any more attention to your or their sensationalism and hate.

You’re saying: ‘Let the fun begin’ and ‘Now to the good part’...

WBC is saying: ‘Let the fun begin’ and ‘Now to the good part’...

You’re saying: ‘They’re evil.’

WBC is saying: ‘You're evil.’

Honestly there's no difference between the two of you - here on the thread at least.

Their agenda is to be heard - the radio station's agenda? May be to keep WBC from the funeral, but will never be received as more than a publicity stunt.

Your agenda is to post your rant against them on ATS - even to point of joking over what you’ll do with all the ‘applause’ points.

Whatever the agendas? HATE IS ALWAYS HATE - and never right.

Sure, what they’re doing is wrong... But I’m hard pressed with the evidence you’ve given us here to say what you’re doing is right.

I also do NOT appreciate at all ANYONE suggesting there will be violence over WBC. DO you FORGET that the reason those soldiers died is for freedom? And that includes WBC freedom to speak - whether we agree with them or not.

This whole thing is making even a more despicable mockery of the death of those soldiers... So sad.

Best thing?

Ignore them. Period.

IGNORE THEM!

peace

edit on 18-3-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

Sorry silo, but you are dead wrong on all of your points. I don't hate them, I feel sorry for them. I will admit a certain satisfaction knowing that the panel of ministers are going to use the Bible to show them where they are wrong.

Their message IS Biblical in a strict OT sense, but their means of delivery is definitely NOT Christ-like. "You will know then by their fruits," the Good Book says. I have news for you: their fruit is rotten.

As far as ignoring them, that was not my decision to make. It's not my radio station. I'm just covering a news event - nothing more, nothing less. And violence? Nobody at the station has suggested anything like that. Preventing violence is one of the considerations that went into the decision, although protecting the family was of paramount concern.

If you don't want to listen that's your right; but you'll be missing a good show.

Peace right back atcha.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I agree with the "Hate is Hate" POV given here, but the BEST thing to do for these people is pray for them! That's the Christian thing to do!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloudwatcher
reply to post by silo13

I agree with the "Hate is Hate" POV given here, but the BEST thing to do for these people is pray for them! That's the Christian thing to do!

I completely disagree. Hate stops being hate when its toward those WBC scumbags. Hate is called reason when its directed at them.

I'm a pacifist who hates violence, but when I see those pieces of scum protesting a dead soldiers funeral or a dead homosexual who died of AIDS' funeral, I'm absolutely disgusted. My feelings of pacifism do not extend to the leaders of that church. Most of the lackeys with signs are probably just brainwashed by Phelps' propaganda, but that man is truly evil.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
While I hate the message they speak, I would stand with them to defend their right to say it if I had the chance. So would most people who believe in free speech for all, not just people they agree with. I do like those motorcycle clubs that counterprotest them by blocking the view of them, and drowning out their chants with harleys. That is the way to go about it, not trying to pass laws and such to infringe on their rights. That is about all I have to say about them.
edit on Fri, 18 Mar 2011 10:39:51 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by amcdermott20

Don't get me wrong. I believe in calling Black, black. I was merely saying that the BEST thing for these people is to pray for them. I am not embracing them in any fashion. Yep, they are evil! But are we to be evil for evils' sake? Did Christ cast out Beelzebub by Beelzebub? No.

I totally support our troops in all their endeavors. I have 2 family members serving in Afghanistan right now. I come from a family of soldiers! I understand the core principle of the whole wanting to rip someone's head off for disrespecting our loved ones!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
While I hate the message they speak, I would stand with them to defend their right to say it if I had the chance. So would most people who believe in free speech for all, not just people they agree with. I do like those motorcycle clubs that counterprotest them by blocking the view of them, and drowning out their chants with harleys. That is the way to go about it, not trying to pass laws and such to infringe on their rights. That is about all I have to say about them.

"I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to my death your right to say it." I've heard that somewhere before... and I agree with it. WBC has every right to say whatever they wish, but that right ends when it intrudes on the peace and safety of others. You can't yell FIRE in a theater - that's been common wisdom for a hundred years - Supreme Court, can't remember the case - and these protests fall into the same category. By protesting AT a funeral, WBC INTENDS to stir up emotions, they INTEND to cause pain and suffering, and as far as I'm concerned, that is NOT protected speech - the current Supreme Court be damned.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

I support free speech as well. But in the same regard that I don't support the KKK protesting a black rights rally, I don't support this homophobia/religious zealotry at a funeral.

Free speech is a right and a privilege, and I believe it should be expressed in the proper forum... not at a funeral of someone who died in a manner you disagree with.

That being said, I think the KKK and WBC should be stripped of their rights to free speech. Rights become privileges when they are abused in such a corrupt and despicable manner. I do not understand what level of brainwashing is required to make these people think they're morally right.

Sorry for the ranting and conflicting ideologies about free-speech... I consider myself normally fairly level headed but I just get f---ing purple with rage when I think about these 'people'.
edit on 18-3-2011 by amcdermott20 because: typos made in a fit of rage!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloudwatcher
reply to post by amcdermott20

Don't get me wrong. I believe in calling Black, black. I was merely saying that the BEST thing for these people is to pray for them. I am not embracing them in any fashion. Yep, they are evil! But are we to be evil for evils' sake? Did Christ cast out Beelzebub by Beelzebub? No.

I totally support our troops in all their endeavors. I have 2 family members serving in Afghanistan right now. I come from a family of soldiers! I understand the core principle of the whole wanting to rip someone's head off for disrespecting our loved ones!

God bless you and your family for your service to this great nation. They, and every soldier, sailor, airman, and Marine are in my daily prayers.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Ok last reply, only because I am still awake, then I am done with the thread.

"I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to my death your right to say it." I've heard that somewhere before... and I agree with it. WBC has every right to say whatever they wish, but that right ends when it intrudes on the peace and safety of others. You can't yell FIRE in a theater - that's been common wisdom for a hundred years - Supreme Court, can't remember the case - and these protests fall into the same category. By protesting AT a funeral, WBC INTENDS to stir up emotions, they INTEND to cause pain and suffering, and as far as I'm concerned, that is NOT protected speech - the current Supreme Court be damned.

Intruding on the peace of others is the whole point of protests. Hurting someone's feelings is not a valid excuse to take away people's rights. As long as they are not tresspassing, they are well within their rights. Some of us believe in real freedom, for everyone. I am one of those people.

I support free speech as well. But in the same regard that I don't support the KKK protesting a black rights rally, I don't support this homophobia/religious zealotry at a funeral. Free speech is a right and a privilege, and I believe it should be expressed in the proper forum... not at a funeral of someone who died in a manner you disagree with. That being said, I think the KKK and WBC should be stripped of their rights to free speech. Rights become privileges when they are abused in such a corrupt and despicable manner. I do not understand what level of brainwashing is required to make these people think they're morally right. Sorry for the ranting and conflicting ideologies about free-speech... I consider myself normally fairly level headed but I just get f---ing purple with rage when I think about these 'people'.

But you support black people counter protesting the KKK rallies I bet. If I am wrong, sorry, but I doubt I am. Free speech is a right, never a privilege, and to hell with any legislator that thinks otherwise. Rights are always a right, period. I agree with you guys they are morally wrong, but that has zero to do with their right to protest, even outside a funeral. There needs to be more people like the biker clubs that counter their protest, using the rights they use, not trying to make illegal laws that intrude on everyone's rights.

Peace

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

You're 100% right about freedom of speech and it being a right.

I just wish some people wouldn't be such pieces of scum about exercising their right. And no, I wouldn't have a problem with blacks protesting a KKK rally. I however would have a problem with a known hate organization like the KKK, holding a rally. That is all.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by amcdermott20
reply to post by TKDRL

You're 100% right about freedom of speech and it being a right.

I just wish some people wouldn't be such pieces of scum about exercising their right. And no, I wouldn't have a problem with blacks protesting a KKK rally. I however would have a problem with a known hate organization like the KKK, holding a rally. That is all.

Personally, I'd like to see a KKK vs Black Panther CAGE MATCH!
Then pit the Israeli champion against the Palestinian champion - under the ancient laws of martial combat - winner take all, just like the good old days. I'm tired of seeing children on both sides suffer. I'm sick and tired of injustice altogether; maybe that's why I'm so passionate about this issue. Normally, I feel helpless to do anything at all, but today I might just make a difference.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Personally, I'd like to see a KKK vs Black Panther CAGE MATCH!

And you'd really have us believe you're not just the other side of the coin from WBC?

Punto.

Peace

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Trying like heck to listen but I have a Mac thus no flash...got any suggestions for non flash resources. I an in florida so can't get it via radio. Or any affiliate around here. Is it only local...I need details!!!!,

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I tried to tune in but kept getting 'station is unavailable' maybe the show was too good to be streamed.
edit on 18-3-2011 by JizzyMcButter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join