It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Listen As ATS Member OldCorp Takes On Westboro Baptist LIVE: Friday, 03/18/11

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
On March 2nd 2011, Senior Airmen Nick Alden and Zachary R. Cuddeback were murdered in cold blood by a "radicalized Muslim" as they sat on a bus waiting to drive them to the plane which would take them to Afghanistan for their tour of duty.

The suspect is accused of killing two U.S. military personnel and seriously injuring two others," federal prosecutors said in a statement. "Given the circumstances, there is a suspicion that the act was motivated by Islamism. SOURCE

Cuddeback's remains arrived home last week to be greeted by the SCUMBAGS of Westboro Baptist Church - a misnomer as they have been condemned and shunned by the Southern Baptist Convention - who picketed his funeral as he was buried at Scott Air Force Base in Illinois.

These WBC maggots have turned their attention to the funeral of Senior Airman Nick Alden, who just so happened to be from my area. WBC's Shirley Phelps-Roper sent an email to the Anderson Independent newspaper and threatened to bring their traveling circus to the Upstate of South Carolina to picket his funeral as well. SOURCE

As you can imagine, the local townsfolk were up in arms as this travesty was announced this morning on WORD radio. Callers to the radio station were all set to get out the pitchforks and torches, and drive these WBC scum back to Hell from whence they came.

See, in South Carolina, we hold on to our guns and Bibles in a fashion that would astonish even Obama, and we don't brook any disrespect towards our fighting men and women; we are very protective of the families of those serving this Republic, and we will NOT tolerate those who use the Holy Bible to spread a message of hate - especially when that hate is directed at innocent people who are at their most vulnerable. Violence was promised if the WBC scum dared to set foot in South Carolina with the intention of causing pain to the wife, mother, and two young children of Alden who was cut down in the prime of his life by a coward at the age of 25.

WORD morning show hosts, Russ Castle and Lisa Rollins, were offered a deal by Phelps-Roper: If WORD would give WBC an hour of airtime to spread their "message," they would agree to leave the family in peace to bury their honored dead. Citing the fact that they would not give any airtime to an "agent of the Devil, who would do nothing but blaspheme the Lord" during the interview, both Castle and Rollins refused to be blackmailed into the interview and told the bit** to take a hike.

In our area, nationally syndicated Conservative talk show host Mike Gallagher - who incidentally began his radio career at WORD - comes on immediately following the Russ and Lisa Show. Gallagher was interviewed on the Russ and Lisa Show before he went on the air nationally because he has a totally different POV than the morning show hosts: Gallagher has given into WBC's blackmail three times before, including the funeral for his own wife - Denise - two years ago. He said letting WBC have a few minutes on his show was a small price to pay if it meant sparing the families the anguish WBC members live to cause grieving family members. Gallagher continued the discussion this morning on his show at 10 a.m.

WORD Program Director and afternoon host Bob McClain was torn: he wanted to spare the Alden family the added grief from these WBC scum, who get their rocks off by tormenting funeral attendees; yet he was loathe to give into blackmail at the same time. After hours of earnest discussion in the studio today, McClain came to the conclusion that safeguarding the emotions of the family was the paramount concern - Phelps-Roper would get her hour.

Now comes the fun part.

I have been a journalist for radio, TV, and print media since 1985 (mostly print and radio as I've been told I have the perfect face for it.
) I've been here in the Upstate of South Carolina - where my family first settled in the early 1800's - for about 10 years, and the good folks at WORD are familiar with my work. So when I asked Bobby Mack if I could sit in on the interview with Phelps-Roper, he didn't hesitate to say yes. I'm like, "WOW. I musta done SOMETHING right in a previous life."

So the family is spared - WBC has signed a legally binding contract requiring them to stay away from the funeral in exchange for the airtime - and tomorrow at 3 p.m. Eastern time (-5 GMT) I will be in the studio with Bobby Mack, Mike Gallagher, and Shirley Phelps-Roper (by telephone) - and we have a little surprise in store for her.

No way in HELL was Bobby Mack just going to let this woman rant on the air for an hour about how wonderful it is when IEDs kill our soldiers and how happy they are about it; nor will he let her rant about how homosexuals are going to Hell. Instead, McClain and Gallagher have assembled a panel of pastors from the largest churches in the area (Greenville is the home of Bob Jones University and several "Mega-churches") with the intention of pwning Phelps-Roper, exposing her and her church for the theological frauds they are.

You can listen to the interview via LIVE Internet audio stream HERE. The show starts at 3 p.m. EST, but the first 10 minutes are taken up by the national feed from Fox News.

I have Phelps-Roper's personal cell phone number, and since she is a big fan of doing interviews on Skype, I'm going to call her in the morning to try and arrange a streaming video simulcast exclusively for ATS. If I can set this up, I'll update this thread with a link to the stream. I HAD intended to cover the funeral on Saturday, the protest, and the promised counter-protest with the intent of uploading that video to ATS as a "Street View" episode. Since there will be no protest now, video of the interview - and a loving, peaceful, respectfully held funeral
- will have to do.

I'm looking forward to my first video contribution to ATS, and I hope you will enjoy it as well. Also, I am more than happy to take suggestions from the ATS membership in regards to any questions they would like to ask of this vicious antichrist of a "woman" if they had the chance. I can't promise that any of the questions will be asked, but if I do get the chance, I will give credit to the member who asked the question.

I have some show prep to do now as I want this to be the best example of citizen journalism ATS has ever seen. However, I will check back in on this thread to take your questions at regular intervals.

Peace, OC

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I get crap all of the time for my attitude towards RADICAL Muslims (not ALL Muslims mind you, just "radical" ones; you know, the guys who like to blow shi* up.) I can't wait to get the chance to take on a "Christian" and live up to my personal credo:

I don't care if you're a Jew, a Muslim, a Christian, Buddhist, Hindu, or Atheist; you could dance naked around a bonfire and bark at the Moon for all I care, BUT: If you're a SCUMBAG, I'm comin' to getcha!
- OldCorp

edit on 3/17/2011 by OldCorp because: Spellin an punkshoeation

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

As a native south carolinian, ( born and raised in rock hill ),at times I disagree with some folks there politically and religiously. I do, however value my roots, and the generally good hearted nature of these people. And today I am especially proud of south Carolina. It seems at times, it does no good for people like me...liberal,gay...to stand up to these morons, it is going to take people who's beliefs and religion have been hijacked by wackos to really make a difference. Call them out and let them have it! Don't let them give good moral caring people a bad name. We are more alike than we even think possible!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I believe it is our duty to protect ourselves from the spread of their villification of others, but we have to be careful of "walking in their shoes".

Violence is never appropriate.

Unfortunately it (violence) also appears to be US (and allied nations) foreign policy. I am horrified by the news that came out today that the UN have sanctioned limited millitary action against Gadaffi's regime.

BOTH WBC and the UN Allies are culpable. NEITHER is "right".

It has to stop! How do we make them see reason and give a little care?

edit on 17/3/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
S&F OC. I too live in the Upstate of SC and will be listening in tomorrow. As a military veteran, I uphold WBC's right to be complete idiots in front of God and Country......that said, I have the same right to vehemently disagree with their thought process and their conclusions and had planned to exercise my rights on Saturday.

Wish Bobby Mac was taking calls tomorrow, but I suspect there will be no need for that given the panel that I have heard mentioned.

Enjoy your time on the radio tomorrow!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Hey Old Corp,

If I didn't know any better, I would think that WBC's secret agenda is actually FOR gay rights, because of their radical, nauseating, turn-off antics compared to moderate christian people. Unintended outcomes??

If you could pose that in a question form, it would be interesting. Otherwise, what they really need is to be ignored. I'm shocked that any media would give them airtime.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Where is WORD located. I am going to tell some folks about it. Just in case they ask.
And for those, like my parents with no Internet what is the station, or is it on line only.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Being from Australia (and I admit not always up-to-date!) with all of the different sorts of scumbags that continually crawl out from under their rocks, this westboro group has caught my attention. Whenever I hear about what they are planning to sprout their venom over next, I see red. I sincerely wish you all the best in crushing these vile creatures.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wetpaint72
reply to post by OldCorp

Where is WORD located. I am going to tell some folks about it. Just in case they ask.
And for those, like my parents with no Internet what is the station, or is it on line only.

Live Internet Stream: player.streamtheworld.com...

Webpage: www.newsradioword.com...

Radio Phreaks: 106.3 FM - 950 & 1330 AM.

Enjoy the show!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wetpaint72
reply to post by OldCorp

As a native south carolinian, ( born and raised in rock hill ),at times I disagree with some folks there politically and religiously. I do, however value my roots, and the generally good hearted nature of these people. And today I am especially proud of south Carolina. It seems at times, it does no good for people like me...liberal,gay...to stand up to these morons, it is going to take people who's beliefs and religion have been hijacked by wackos to really make a difference. Call them out and let them have it! Don't let them give good moral caring people a bad name. We are more alike than we even think possible!

You're absolutely right about WBC. They HAVE hijacked Christianity for their own nefarious purposes. Their core message may have Old Testament Biblical underpinnings, but they way they spread it is most certainly NOT Christ-like. What happened to "Love thy neighbor?" These people are so twisted and perverted when it comes to the teachings of Jesus Christ that I don't consider them "Christian" in any way shape or form.

As far as being gay, I can tell you what my TRUE Southern Baptist based belief is: You are a child of God. For whatever reason, you were born exactly the way He wanted you to be born. Scientifically, I know that homosexuality is inherited genetically. Spiritually, the Bible tells us that practicing homosexuality is a sin. The only reason I can think of for God to make you genetically predisposed to be attracted to members of the same sex is as a challenge to overcome. Honestly, I don't know. I quit trying to figure out the mind of God a LONG time ago. We each have our own hurdles to overcome, I certainly do; but I can assure you of two things: God loves you, and as a child of God you are my brother and I love you too.

As far as being a Liberal??? I'm sorry pal, but you're on your own.

Originally posted by cdnutz44
S&F OC. I too live in the Upstate of SC and will be listening in tomorrow. As a military veteran, I uphold WBC's right to be complete idiots in front of God and Country......that said, I have the same right to vehemently disagree with their thought process and their conclusions and had planned to exercise my rights on Saturday.

Wish Bobby Mac was taking calls tomorrow, but I suspect there will be no need for that given the panel that I have heard mentioned.

Enjoy your time on the radio tomorrow!

First, thank you for your service to this great nation. I agree, the panel of theologians does promise to be impressive. Finally, I WILL enjoy every minute of it. I haven't done a live radio talk show since I co-hosted with Chuck Baker in Colorado Springs back in the 90's; but knowing Mike Gallagher I'll be lucky to get a word in edgewise.
The last live remote I did of any real substance was an hour long standup when I covered the departure of the 4th ID during Desert Storm for CBS Radio. Everything since has been pre-recorded. Knowing that tens of thousands of people are listening to you certainly does raise the adrenaline level.

To quote Vin Diesel as XXX, "I LIVE FOR THIS SHI*"

edit on 3/17/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Hey OldCorp, is there anyway to record the stream or to get a hold of it afterwards? My afternoon class begins right when the show is going to be on and I am very intrigued to hear it.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Why do people waste their time with these people?! I don't give Westboro Baptist Church the time of day! I'm a christian and I don't care about them or what they do! I got my own life to live and things to take care. I don't even know why gays waste their time worrying about them. Their just hateful and evil people. There's children starving in third world countries and poor folks galore in this country. Let's move on and help our fellow human beings across the world. I'm not going to waste my time with these sleezebag group parading around as christians. I'm not even going to defend Christians to other people because people should better than to think we are like the people of westboro baptist. I ain't got the time.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Why do people waste their time with these people?! I don't give Westboro Baptist Church the time of day! I'm a christian and I don't care about them or what they do! I got my own life to live and things to take care. I don't even know why gays waste their time worrying about them. Their just hateful and evil people. There's children starving in third world countries and poor folks galore in this country. Let's move on and help our fellow human beings across the world. I'm not going to waste my time with these sleezebag group parading around as christians. I'm not even going to defend Christians to other people because people should better than to think we are like the people of westboro baptist. I ain't got the time.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dendro
reply to post by OldCorp

Hey OldCorp, is there anyway to record the stream or to get a hold of it afterwards? My afternoon class begins right when the show is going to be on and I am very intrigued to hear it.

Thanks in advance.

The station has downloadable podcasts of the Bob McLain Show HERE. Today's broadcast will be available tomorrow; BUT, being Friday, tomorrow's show may not be available until Monday. I'm not sure how they work that or who is responsible for it. You can hear Russ Castle and Lisa Rollins breaking this story, and the first interview with Mike Gallagher in which he gives his reasoning for allowing those scum on the air, from this morning on THIS PAGE. Cool Feature: The audio is keyword searchable.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Just curious...

What can I do with all of the "Applause Points?" Can I get an ATS coffee mug or sumpin?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
These 'babtist' are nothing but trolls. I fear you're just going to feed the troll. Psychologically best way to deal with a troll is to be as kind as you can and bombard them with questions to specify their trolling. Ask more details continously but be as kind as anyone ever can. If you can manage that
but if you feed the troll

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Best to ignore them... or better yet, laugh at them.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeenieWeenieBest to ignore them... or better yet, laugh at them.

Originally posted by PsykoOpsThese 'babtist' are nothing but trolls. I fear you're just going to feed the troll. Psychologically best way to deal with a troll is to be as kind as you can and bombard them with questions to specify their trolling. Ask more details continously but be as kind as anyone ever can. If you can manage that
but if you feed the troll

I intend to do BOTH. Ask questions that call their Biblical foundations into question, and THEN laugh at them.

I have an Idea for a parody video of the Skype interview already.
I'm an EVIL bastad.

Just look what I did to Hamas.

edit on 3/18/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
hey Oldcorp is the same weirdos that you are talking about,I first saw them on Chasers a few years ago and couldnt understand what the hell they were protesting at
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
I get crap all of the time for my attitude towards RADICAL Muslims (not ALL Muslims mind you, just "radical" ones; you know, the guys who like to blow shi* up.) I can't wait to get the chance to take on a "Christian" and live up to my personal credo:

While I see where you are coming from OldCorp and do not oppose your stance - using words like "radical" Muslim really get's to me - just because when it comes to defining "radical" it is just like "terrorist" - it describes nothing but opinion.
Also if you must be opposed to "radical" why not discribe it as radical people - not "radical Muslims"

I don't mean to take away from what you are doing, simply pointing out this broad term speech which targets a particular culture is the same crap we get fed by the media.

I know this is you point with the christians so I am saying be against radical people, just check the way you say it IMO. And then you still have the problem of who's opinion defines the radicals.

edit on 18-3-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join