It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Success! MESSENGER First Spacecraft to Orbit Mercury

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by alex1

Don't mind the ridicule you're recieving. Messenger will indeed provide valuable data to researchers here on Earth. Mercury's speed and close proximity to the Sun makes it a difficult planet to study. An orbiting spacecraft will reveal many answers to questions. It's my belief that Mecury is a literal 'gold mine.' It's also my belief that Mercury has other heavier elements that's rare on Earth. Just a 'rock' is pure BS.

Flagged and starred.
You're off to a good start.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Originally posted by Mayura
No offense my friend, but this piece of metal orbiting a rock just doesn't appeal to me...

I only commented to say that there are already highly advanced space operations on this planet. You have to dig a little, but NASA is merely a front to keep the public occupied. Moon Rising is a nice video that mentions 'space elevators' and there are independent institutes exposing active industrial sites on Mars.* There's much more out there, do some independent research, use your imagination and you can most certainly bank on it.

I noticed your a newbie, did I go too hard on ya? Welcome to the wide world of conspiracies.

*www.farsight.org...

Link 404's... And I was looking forward to that. Seems sites go down when they're brought up on ATS...

No conspiracy, though, I'm sure.

Nah his link is just missing the letter L on the end:
*www.farsight.org...

Also I agree with all that have responded to mr space elevator. OP made a thread about mercury so you decide it's not worthwhile and he should be reading about speculated topics ?

Cheers op s&f
edit on 18-3-2011 by MurrayTORONTO because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican
Maybe now they will prove that Mercury is a remnant of our moon!

Studying Mercury has much further and wider implications than just that planet's physics & geology! I hear there is an argument regarding the whole black hole theory hanging in the balance of unanswered questions relating to Mercury.

How so? Please could you elaborate, possibly with some links? Some more info on that would be great. thanks

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
i'll tell you more when messenger collects more data of mercury.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Thanks for all the attention folks, I love bursting scientific paradigms and leading people out of their comfort zones. To the person who corrected my link, kudos. This website is named above to secret for a reason... or is it?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Before spending billions to investigate other planets, the money would be better spent uncovering secrets on our own planet. Secrets which are undoubtedly kept hidden from the public unfortunately.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Or maybe use that cash to support our fellow humans so we can journey through space together. .. Just a thought I wish was reality

And also the secrets of our planet, I do agree there.
edit on 2011/3/18 by Jimjolnir because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MurrayTORONTO

Thanks. [smile] Guess there's no conspiracy after all. Rats. LOL!

Interesting vid.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join