It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar flares/magnetic influence killing electronic components

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Is anyone aware of anything out of the ordinary regarding the magnetic field of the earth "surging" or something else along those lines? In the past two weeks, I've encountered more dead components in computers and resolved strange issues involving data corruption than I've seen in the past several months.
Here lately, I've been brought at least a dozen dead laptops (fried motherboards), replaced RAM chips, recovered corrupted data from hard drives and have had several phone calls involving situations in which the computers just "froze" and after that ceased to function properly due to corrupt (cross-linked) files or invalid partition tables. I've seen several fried power supplies, exploded capacitors, and bucketloads of bad RAM.
I'm accustomed to SOME of this, but not 30+ cases in less than two weeks.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Cable t.v. so far is all that is messing up here in parts of N.C.

I know they haven't updated this site since the earthquake either...
Link:www2.nict.go.jp...
edit on 17-3-2011 by Caji316 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
ummmm.... not to be a jerk... but.. why is this posted under the crisis in japan forum? are you in japan?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by notsofast

LMAO

A "mis-click" directed me here....

Moderators - please move to proper forum!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
If my galaxy s dies i'll be PISSED! I'm too poor to replace it but love the thing to death. As long as your electronics are plugged in I don't see how they could be damaged. you have a positive and a negative (ground), the ground should protect the component but i'm not an electrician so who knows.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
VERY strange, OP. my macbook pro, which i maintain lovingly and paid more for than i did my car, and is only three years old, just a week or so ago froze up and it was because of an invalid partition. this had never happened before. with a PC you take those things in your stride but with macs you kinda think these things won't happen.now, it could be a coincidence- but if its happening to you or you are seeing it more often, could be something there.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
That's what tptb do to your computer for visiting ats

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Wait till the solar flare hits there won't be a computer working on the planet then we will go into meltdown
edit on 17-3-2011 by cyberghosts because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I dont know if this amounts to any thing. But i went out side to get some sun. The sky was clear, their was no clouds. I noticed the ground look orange instead of the unseal bright yellow. I was out their for about 10 min then i noticed every thing just got brighter and yellow like a light bulb had gone off. The sun was brighter and hotter in a instant.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by cyberghosts

Wait till the solar flare hits there won't be a computer working on the planet then we will go into meltdown

Ignorant fear mongering much?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Pertaining to fried electronics, we've had several g class flares, 2 x class flares, a plethara of r1 though r3 radio blackouts, roughly 3 sudden impulse c.m.e. flares, and 3 incidents of coronal hole xray/ electron bombardments.

Fluctuations at the electromagnetic level can and will cause a compter componant failure, and/ or electronics system interruption

new topics

top topics

join