It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN votes for action to stop Gaddafi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

UN votes for action to stop Gaddafi

www.theage.com.au

The vote - 10-0, with five abstentions from Russia, China, Brazil, Germany and India - will allow foreign enforcement of a no-fly zone over Libya and ground Colonel Gaddafi's air force, reportedly as early as today.

Jubilant insurgents at the rebel stronghold of Benghazi greeted the news with cheers, singing and gunfire.

Advertisement: Story continues below The BBC reported that attacks on forces loyal to Colonel Gaddafi by the British and French air forces could begin within hours of the UN passing resolution 1973/2011, with anti-aircraft defences the likely first targets.

While the
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
So this is pretty full on? Is this just about oil again? It seems weird to me that the western news (that I've seen) has been covering Ghaddafi's progress intently and saying nothing about the fact that 'the rebels' are the lybian people; now we're all over it.

I wonder how long we'll be occupying for..

www.theage.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ballsdeep

France needs Libyan oil.
edit on 17-3-2011 by grumpydaysleeper because: typo

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Generally, I would not support this type of thing, only because, its none of our business. But, if there is agreement amongst such a useless and self serving organization.....hmm....why not?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ballsdeep

Mate, I noticed the same thing the other day. One day The Herald Sun etc. publish articles about the oppression of the Libyan people and their current turmoil...days later the same people are rebel soldiers invading various regions.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
A thread on this topic already exists here:

abovetopsecret.com...

Please add your comments to the existing thread.

Closed.

~Keeper
Forum Moderator
edit on 17-3-2011 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join