It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United Nations Approves No-Fly Zone on Libya

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I agree that the United Nations needs to get involved to stop the blood spill in Libya by their crazed leader. My issue is this...Why are these countries relying on the United States military to facilitate the attack on Gaddafi's defenses and military hardware? I sure hope they will help finance the attack. This proves to these US hating trolls that although not perfect, the United States is still the only major, military superpower in the world. If only we would stop living by UN war policies, we could end wars in days or weeks rather than years. Did you know that an American soldier was not allowed to fire back at an enemy if there were innocents standing in front of the enemy? The enemy can fire on us and we had to wait until innocents were out of the way. No wonder we lose so many soldiers.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Another US invasion under false pretenses. This is the beginning of ww3 peoples.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by malachi777

So you should just shoot at them and hope the bullet misses the civilian?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis
Another US invasion under false pretenses. This is the beginning of ww3 peoples.

Agreed, and also the united nations is a corrupted organization, they only create more chaos, they dont seek to end wars, like they claimed to do.

I would assume russia would step in this conflict because they wont wait longer for the american empire, trying to take over russia.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
That is funny Jepic!!! I wish it worked that way.
edit on 17-3-2011 by malachi777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

I really don't understand why people say this will be WW3. I didn't know Gaddafi was so powerful as to start WW3.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Explain to me how the imminent airstrikes could start WW3. Because I really want to know...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Explain to me how the imminent airstrikes could start WW3. Because I really want to know...

That will be 4 continents at war. I don't know what exactly defines a WW, but I bet we're not too far from one.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

It will not start WW3! Come on people... I see these types of comments on a daily basis from these people. It hasn't happened then and it won't happen now. When a bird poops from the clouds, they think WW3 is at hand.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by PoorFool

Well there you go! I suggest you find out what constitutes a WW before claiming one will start soon.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

There's no reason for the United States to lead this. Gaddafi's air force isn't that large that other neighboring countries couldn't enforce the no fly zone. When will the United States start letting other countries settle their own regional conflicts? Why should we risk losing our young men and women in a country where the people are revolting against their own government?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

You are saying you are in favour of killing any number of civilians for the sake of time?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
This is really my point exactly. All countries look to the United States to resolve all conflicts in the world. It makes me proud to be an American but I feel others should step in when it is needed. Netanyahu just said on an interview tonight that the United States military is the most powerful in the world and feels we should take out Iran before they get the N bomb. I think the Arabian states need to fulfill that goal.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

No, I am saying that war is war and we need to do everything possible to prevent innocent casualties. BUT, if we are being fired upon, we need to retaliate immediately to save ourselves.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

One question to find out what kind of person you are.

"Terrorists" are firing at you from a building. But its hard to get a lock with your rifle. You have an airstrike among one of your options. What do you do?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

I need more information...If the building has been abandoned by innocents and there are multiple terrorists in the building, I would say take out the building. In most cases, the military already knows who is in the building by prior analysis and x-ray tools equipped on humvees and planes.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
If they wanted a no fly zone without firing a single missile then they should have just sent in spanish air traffic controllers, there would have been no flights within hours.

top topics

join