It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Must Be A Dream.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Or should I say, a nightmare.

First, a little background. Raised in Louisiana, Christian, likes guns, fast cars, bass fishin', golf, etc...

Growing up I was right wing all the way "Reagan was the best Prez ever", and so on. After I awoke, I saw war for what it is - a business.

Why are we about to start a war with Libya ? ? ?

Look, yeah Ghaddafi (sp???) is a real whacko, heck he is probably what he claims - an Elite for all I know, he does hang out with them...

Why are we obligated to support the rebels?

Even is this WAS a good, strategic idea, we're too late! Gov. forces have pretty much crushed the rebellion! Like 2-3 weeks late!!

The "Un" has issued a green light to start bombing

Are you sure the Bush Regime is still not in control ? ? ?

If US citizens staged a revolt, would it be okay for, say, China to come carpet bomb the place and put up "No Fly Zones" to stop our government from squashing the rebels ? ? ?

Don't we have another problem....in the Orient....that we should be focusing on ? ? ?

Is this a dream ? ? ?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Seriously? A dictator continues to destroy his own population and you think, "Sure, why not let him stay in power!"
??

What kind of message does that send to those in power in other nations? That it's ok to fire on crowds of protesters?

If our own US President began killing all American citizens who were protesting, YES I would hope someone would step in and do what we did not have the resources to. An out of control government needs dealt with

This is the first governmental intervention I've been behind in a while. Now if we could just get someone to pay any attention to Darfur...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Don't you think we are a tad late?

The rebellion has nearly been crushed!

Is there any other solution to financial crisis than war ?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

It makes you wonder who are we to point our fingers at countries like China, Russia, North Korea or Iran. We are bombarded with fear about these countries wanting to start wars, yet we are stationing and sending troops across the globe behind the banner of "doing good."

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
When and for how long did the "Un" discuss going to war with Libya?

Isn't it always US declarations, followed by European support?

Is this the NWO ?

IS this Hope and Change ? ? ?

What if the Rebels fail anyway ?

How far is the "Un" willing to go ?

edit on 17-3-2011 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I feel like I'm
my own thread but Signals has lots of questions

From Ghaddafi's point of view these rebels against the government are Terrorists. For all intensive purposes, they do fit every definition of the word - except for the enemy of America part...

How come some terrorists are good and some terrorists are bad ? ? ?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
When and for how long did the "Un" discuss going to war with Libya?

Isn't it always US declarations, followed by European support?

Weeks and no to answer those questions.

The UN like to talk and talk and talk to make sure countries are doing the right thing for the right reasons. Sure the talking in this case shouldn't have happened or taken so long because the No Fly Zone was to stop the Libyan regime sending planes to bomb the rebels from above but considering it seems almost over with rebels losing strongholds, might be a little late now.

US can declare things but unless a European leader follows instantly like a lapdog (like Tony Blair was), there's usually a lot of discusion because Europeans are hesitant to go to war unless they really have to. We don't have the loud and proud "we must fight for all we believe in" like the Americans because....well, look at the way the War on Terror worked out when we blindly followed the US demands for war. It got America even more hatred than it already had.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Do you guys think this may be the begining of WWlll?

new topics

top topics

join