It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military EVACUATION ! Confirmed THIS IS REAL! Women and children first! March 17, 2011

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Original ATS thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

That's what they're doing. Zama, yokota, Misawa, etc.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

NO!! It's NOT "urgent". It's voluntary, because people are panicking and want to leave....no matter how many times they say that the radiation levels are not harmful, no one will believe them. You get more exposure doing everyday things than by what they're at risk for. The U.S. is doing their best to accommodate the situation by offering a round-trip ticket to each dependent and government non-essential worker. It's simply to help ease anxieties, because they can't force people to stay if they don't want to.

If it were me? Sure I'd go, because there's no guarantee how this will continue to play out, and it's better to leave now than to regret it later. But it's only temporary, and the tickets are round-trip, if that tells you anything. People want and need to feel secure, and that's what they're doing. But it is by NO MEANS a forced evacuation because of eminent danger. And trust me....they'd tell you if it was!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Let me get this straight...our already cash-strapped government is agreeing to pay round trip ticket for all military dependents. THAT does not sound like they are just trying to calm people down. THAT is serious. Having travelled quite a bit, you better believe if my government advised me that maybe I oughtta leave a certain country, I would scram. I think the US does not want to offend Japan by ordering all non-essential people out so they call it "voluntary". This is our government telling people to read between the lines. Plus, they could then offer the empty houses/apartments/billets as temporary housing to displaced Japanese making the remaining servicemen bunk up with each other.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by megabogie
Let me get this straight...our already cash-strapped government is agreeing to pay round trip ticket for all military dependents.

Japan never signed the Treaties to limit liability for damages from nuclear accidents. Japan's footing the bill to evacuate US military dependents. Japan spends $2 Billion annually supporting our military there. It won't come as a shock to them when they get the bill.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
well, there is a reason for evacuation, everything that has happened in Japan IS URGENT. The evacuation is, apparently, Voluntary, although i do believe that most of the people will want to evacuate, i know that i would.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Your post intrigued me because I never heard of such a thing before. So I did a little digging and found that the actual plant is liable up to $1.2 billion for compensation then the government covers it after that. I should maybe research BEFORE posting.

Japan is not party to any international liability convention but its law generally conforms to them. Two laws governing them are revised about every ten years: the Law on Compensation for Nuclear Damage and Law on Contract for Liability Insurance for Nuclear Damage. Plant operator liability is exclusive and absolute, and power plant operators must provide a financial security amount of 60 billion yen (US$ 600 million). From 2010 this doubles to 120 billion yen (US$ 1.2 billion). Beyond that, the government provides coverage, and liability is unlimited. In relation to the 1999 Tokai-mura fuel plant criticality accident, insurance covered 1 billion yen and the parent company (Sumitomo) paid the balance of 13.5 billion yen

here's the link: www.world-nuclear.org...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join