It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military EVACUATION ! Confirmed THIS IS REAL! Women and children first! March 17, 2011

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The above thread title is EXACTLY WHAT THE YOUTUBE VIDEO IS TITLED before people begin talking crap about fear monger this, fear monger that, or "Your title has nothing to do with the video I just saw" or any number of reasons some people feel the need to attack the messenger on here

So AGAIN...for integrity the thread title is exactly how the youtube video is titled so as to not take anything out of context with personal biases or what have you. Now...it appears as though the U.S. Navy is beginning to evacuate...under the Commander in Chiefs authorization (and I REALLY hate to have to use Obummer and Commander in Chief in the same sentence trust me), to evacuate the active duty family members, or at least the Navy is all I can comment on from what I see that has been presented considering that the Captain is Navy, and Atsugi is a Naval Air Station.

However...what concern me with this is (besides the Navy not getting someone...ANYONE better to put this word out as this Captain comes off as a clueless tool, but that's besides the point):

"Well all we know is that they will depart Japan and head to Korea...that's all we know currently"

So folks....that means THIS IS URGENT!! And well....I will let the rest of you draw your own conclusions from his briefing. Enjoy

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

they are also evacuating fukushima . nhk link here

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Another_Nut

edit on 17-3-2011 by Mayura because: (no reason given)

link   
They are voluntarily evacuating dependants and civilian employees.

That means you do not have to leave if you don't want to. (I think that crowd will be small though)

The active duty military personnel are not going anywhere,..... Yet.

link   
Anyone else find this guy a bit to "Mr. Roger ish" for there liking ?

link   
This man looks like a deer caught in headlights. I am glad to hear that they have started evac though, but it also confirms alot of my own fears.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
WOW!

I started a hypothetical thread on this scenario yesterday! Korea was an option in the discussions.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The statement of "1-2 days in Korea and then we don't know where after that...Maybe America?"

Wow! Again.
edit on 17-3-2011 by jude11 because: update

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
This move informs us of the fact that the radiation levels are getting too-high to stay in Japan (Tokyo area,) or the situation will likely get worse in-time.

What of the Japanese people? Is there any plan or plans to evacuate them to safety? Sounds like we need a huge miracle.

Godspeed Japan!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Mmmmhm i agree.
I think the whole prob is he was walking on eggshells trying not to say anything too rash, i did notice he repeated several times not to panic.
Anyone who has been in the military or who lived on a base knows that when they say do not panic, it is time to cowboy up.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Also for some folks who didn't catch some of what he was saying.

NEO = Non-combatant Evacuation Operation (Self explanatory)

SoFA = Status of Forces Agreement (pretty much who is legally responsible for who)

I have no idea what an Ombudsman is. (Google is you friend)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by trekwebmaster

they are see my post above

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Well i too find him a bit roger..ish, but then again, i would, would,nt i.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
THIS VIDEO IS FOR THE ARMY! No where does it speak of civilians... they will be left to fence on their own...
No money no pass port... no help.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Now this Guy can lead ! What a persona ,what a leader ! Ladies and Gentlemen I give you the next president of the United States of America .I feel so much safer with great men like this out their .I loved the last part, God Bless America ! What a great touch .Be on notice Obama you are a one term president .

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

they're voluntary evacuations...you said you didn't want the term fear mongering used again and yet AGAIN here you are ramping up a situation.

I by no means am downplaying the fact that it has gotten worse and continues to get worse and will do so before it gets "better" but COME ON man...enough ramping it up further do a LITTLE more research before you plow into overdrive mode for once

also...there's very valid reasons why people "attack the messenger" in your case. Sorry.
edit on 17-3-2011 by onyx718 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Thanks for posting this up the guy talking is more than likely the CAG Carrier Air Group commander, who is the commanding officer for the majority of the personnel in Atsugi which is nice little town.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I have a niece at the U.S. Army base in Japan. She said it is voluntary at this time and that the evacuations are primarily due to supply issues ~ supplies are being rationed. As far as she knows, there is no radiation threat at the base at this time.

At this time, according to her, it is also to give people an option of leaving PRIOR to any situation that might arise causing a mandatory evacuation on an emergency basis.

While she did not elaborate, I would presume the supplies are being rationed because they are sharing what the base has with the Japanese people in the hardest hit areas.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Been waiting to see this come around. Surprised it took this long, actually.

This can be taken one of a couple ways, off the top of my head...

1.) Evac has been called to calm down fears and "placate" those people that have been panicking. If this is the case, there's nothing to be REALLY concerned about... it's more of a "here's the option... take it if you want."

2.) Evac of non-essentials and families is the first step to a mass evac of all people and equipment. If this is the case, there's a lot of reason to be concerned.

It's really hard at this stage to tell what condition the evac is called under, since information of a full disclosure-type is sporadic when there at all.

I will say, from the gestures, posturing and speech patterns, this guy is shaking hardcore inside. It could be due to having info that he cannot talk about and scared crapless of, or inexperience in this type of emergency and constant-stress situation. Hard to tell.

Just my take on things here.

link   
What a clever way to get some more troops in Korea without raising North Koreas eyebrows
hhmmm

link   

so i dont know if it was just me but did this guy seem a little off to you guys???
im mean he looked very nervous looking away from the camera a lot, and if you go back to the video he kept trying to look at his watch ... i have to say either this guys is hiding something from us or stuff he told us were lies ... I AM B.S. PROOF
i can tell when some one is either lying or has something on their minds that they want to hide or maybe just all the of the above either that or this guy needs to stop doing drugs ;O

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join