It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Sumerian Literature and the Bible

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by KJV1611

The first five books of the Bible were written by Moses

You state that as a fact, KJV1611, can you prove this statement with solid evidence? I didn't think so. There is no conceivable way to tell who exactly wrote the stories originally, is there?

In a sense you are right because scribes would have written the Torah not specifically Moses...
...they certainly would have written the account of Israel following Moses death.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
I don't know that I want to argue this but I'll give you my version. I don't see a contradiction per-se. Yes, there are civilizations older than the "Bible" - God does not choose Abraham to establish his covenant with man for a long time after man has been on the eart. The Bible confirms a lot of what is stated in Sumerian and other texts and vice versa because the Old Testament is God's version and the Sumerian texts are Enki's (god of the Earth or Lucifer) version. After the flood, Lucifer tried to establish a one-world government / religious system in Sumeria which was overthrown; the world was divided up among multiple "princes". After that point "prince" after "prince" has been defeated - with rulership slowly consolidating back to a one-world system under Enki's control. This is why satanists don't believe they are worshipping anything "evil" - they are worshipping Enki - they believe the Sumerian account that Enki is the benevolent god to mankind. There isn't an "original" correct story - there is knowledge passed down in spoken word for a long time, and then branched in to a lot of different languages after "The Event" that took place at Babel.
edit on 3/17/2011 by ararisq because: (no reason given)

I know this is super old but this was very interesting to read. As was the OP. I'm going to school for this soon. can't wait

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by OGOldGreg

I know this is super old but this was very interesting to read. As was the OP. I'm going to school for this soon. can't wait

Are you off to a school in Germany, France or are you going to one of the American schools? One always needs more Assyrialogists or will you be a rare Sumerologist?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
reply to post by Vizzle

In the Gilgamesh epic, everyone is a superhuman who does incredible things.

In the Genesis account, only God does incredible things. The humans are human and do nothing but stuff up.

I see a vast difference.

Perhaps the Sumerian tradition was based on the earlier "Adamic" instead of the other way around?
edit on 17/3/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

Not so much 'superhuman' as they were extraterrestrial beings with advanced technology.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by ararisq

Enki/Lucifer has certainly overthrown most of the other princes involved to reclaim his seat of power

OK, if Enki is Lucifer, then who is Enil? They are brothers, you know. And what about Inanna? She was a daughter to Enki, so is she Lucifer's daughter? Inanna's name is commonly taken from Nin-anna "Queen of Heaven" (from Sumerian NIN "lady", AN "sky") So I take it then that Lucifer is Kink of Heaven and his daughter is Queen. Right?

The Goddess Inanna "The Queen of Heaven"

Enlil is "Lord God'.

Enki is 'God'....aka Satan....see, he was labeled as Satan (Hebrew word meaning 'adversary') when he decided to help the humans revolt against the tyrannous Lord God...that's why Satan is also referred to as a the 'serpent...aka 'traitor'.

The Garden of Eden is where the revolt starts...Satan wanted to bring knowledge (the 'apple') to the humans to let them understand what was really going on on this Earth mission....Lord God had taken command of the mission, but was very bloodthirsty, with no sympathy for the humans...Since Satan (God) was the one to use his very own DNA, he had a sense of sympathy for humans, and didn't like what Lord God was doing.

Lord God is the real enemy...Lucifer is the real hero of humanity.

However, the bible is slanted toward Lord God being 'good' because the winner writes the history.

edit on 6-2-2012 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DanUKphd

This opening statement is nonesense. Provably nonesense because the TORAH code that runs through the first 5 books of the bible is just one of many examples of the bible's autheticity.

The books in the bible were choosen and put together by the Roman Empire. This is documented. Do you think the Romans put the code in the bible... or do you think they just happened to choose the correct books and put them in the correct order by luck?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by DanUKphd

This opening statement is nonesense. Provably nonesense because the TORAH code that runs through the first 5 books of the bible is just one of many examples of the bible's autheticity.

The books in the bible were choosen and put together by the Roman Empire. This is documented. Do you think the Romans put the code in the bible... or do you think they just happened to choose the correct books and put them in the correct order by luck?

You are correct, and this bible conference occurred in 325 a.d, known as the Council at Nicea

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I wonder sometimes if the ENLIL influence of Earth still has bloodlines relate to humanity today. Deeper 1 wonders is Jesus Christ related to ENLIL or could Jesus be a son of ANU. I know its deep but 1 does wonder..

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
I wonder sometimes if the ENLIL influence of Earth still has bloodlines relate to humanity today. Deeper 1 wonders is Jesus Christ related to ENLIL or could Jesus be a son of ANU. I know its deep but 1 does wonder..

Good point...

Lord God (Enlil) was in charge and all the wars in the bible were the armies of Enki and Enlil.

Based on the fact that Enlil was referred to as 'Lord' in the bible, then:

Jesus is the son of God (aka Enki,Satan)
Cain is the son of Lord God (Enlil)
Abel is the son of God (aka Enki, Satan)

Look at how Jesus was slain and Lord God did nothing; actually, he ordered the hit..
Abel was slain by Enlil's son and Lord God did nothing; actually he instructed HIS son, Cain to go the land of Nod and find a wife and promised that no one would hurt him.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Good point...

Lord God (Enlil) was in charge and all the wars in the bible were the armies of Enki and Enlil.

Look at how Jesus was slain and Lord God did nothing; actually, he ordered the hit..
Abel was slain by Enlil's son and Lord God did nothing; actually he instructed HIS son, Cain to go the land of Nod and find a wife and promised that no one would hurt him.

Makes you wonder tho what would EA*rth call the son/daughter of ENKI if the returned today??? Because this offspring would be the next to lead if following bloodlines ect. And deeper ARE ALL Annunaki reptilian or mixed creations of the CREATOR of us ALL or just snake types and croc types? this subject makes 1 feel funny when thinking of the relations to the Christ. I guess in time many answers hidden will be shown. Thanks for you data shared also ButterCookie

edit on 2/6/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Good point...

Makes you wonder tho what would EA*rth call the son/daughter of ENKI if the returned today??? Because this offspring would be the next to lead if following bloodlines ect. And deeper ARE ALL Annunaki reptilian or mixed creations of the CREATOR of us ALL or just snake types and croc types? this subject makes 1 feel funny when thinking of the relations to the Christ. I guess intime may answers hidden will be shown. Thnaks for you data shared also ButterCookie

edit on 2/6/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

No problem!! I love this topic; even did a college thesis on it.

You are correct about EA=Earth=Enki (the on in charge of the Earth mission). Awesome that you know about that

On your earlier question about the bloodlines: Yes, I am convinced that the bloodlines that are being to referred to when describing queens and kings go back to the extraterrestrial connection; hence the reason for them to marry within the family.

Royal (blue) blood= Extraterrestrial geneolgy

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
When these ancient civilizations received 'favors' or 'gifts' from the gods, they referred to them as blessings.

Look at the genesis account of the Cain/Abel saga:

Adam was not the father of either sons, because Eve was 'blessed' by God (Enki) with the pregnancy of Abel, and 'blessed' by Lord God (Enlil) with the pregnancy of Cain.

They are half brothers.

The sibling rivalry between Enki or Enlil on being in charge of the Earth Mission, wars were fought, even to the point where one placed a hit on the others sons ( this being the murders of Abel and Jesus).

And again, Lord Enlil was the ruthless, blood thirsty dictator (whom Christians call GOD) and Lord Enki (Christians call 'the enemy/devil/ satan/lucifer) was seen as the traitor when he lead the humans, along with other crew member on a revolt against Lord God.

Satan was actually on humanity's side.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Yes it is read that the Serpent 1 did help the humans out during the deluge:

Lines 1-203, Tablet XI
The god Ea leaks the secret plan
Utnapishtim tells Gilgamesh a secret story that begins in the old city of Shuruppak on the banks of the Euphrates River.
The "great gods" Anu, Enlil, Ninurta, Ennugi, and Ea were sworn to secrecy about their plan to cause the flood.
But the god Ea (= Sumerian god Enki) repeated the plan to Utnapishtim through a reed wall in a reed house.
Ea commanded Utnapishtim to demolish his house and build a boat, regardless of the cost, to keep living beings alive.
The boat must have equal dimensions with corresponding width and length and be covered over like Apsu boats.
Utnapishtim promised to do what Ea commanded.
He asked Ea what he should say to the city elders and the population.
Ea tells him to say that Enlil has rejected him and he can no longer reside in the city or set foot in Enlil's territory.
He should also say that he will go down to the Apsu "to live with my lord Ea".
Note: The Apsu was a fresh water marsh near the temple of Ea/Enki at the city of Eridu.[9]
Ea will provide abundant rain, a profusion of fowl and fish, and a wealthy harvest of wheat and bread.
link
en.wikipedia.org...

When you read on it it does seem that ENKI/the SERPENT cared more for the human herd then ENLIL but its all based off of the data being refiltered so I keep that in mind that some errors may exist in the translations. It is pretty wild to consider though.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Its not wild to me at all, because it is logic and evidence-based.

Enki (Satan) did help try to preserve mankind during the Great Deluge as you perfectly stated..Lord God (Enlil) wanted it to wipe out humanity.

Enki tried to bring 'light' (knowledge) to humanity...thus the name Lucifer

Enki was referred to as the 'traitor' for bringing light to the humans, because it was not in plan to enlighten them.

But the winner gets to write the history.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

But the winner gets to write the history.

This..... I consider much like what if the ENKIs show up to reclaim (IS THIS THE REAL ARMAGADDON? many cannot even see as they think its only based off of EA*rth wars! and not COSMIC related!!!) will EA*rth humans be in the middle or will they defend against the Enkites assisting the Enlilites in their own SOUL energy imprisonment if thats the case :wow
r will they RECOGNIZE the Enkis as family or just judge by their exterior vessels of spiritual travel if reptilian like. I sometimes feel their spirits or spirit energies are still existing, ENKI and ENLIL that is as well as many other Annunaki. Human visual perspective cannot see nor understand everything no matter how much the ALL seeing EYE assist those in the secrataz positions. As you can also tell I love this topic and the evidence related.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Yes it is read that the Serpent 1 did help the humans out during the deluge:

Lines 1-203, Tablet XI
The god Ea leaks the secret plan
Utnapishtim tells Gilgamesh a secret story that begins in the old city of Shuruppak on the banks of the Euphrates River.
The "great gods" Anu, Enlil, Ninurta, Ennugi, and Ea were sworn to secrecy about their plan to cause the flood.
But the god Ea (= Sumerian god Enki) repeated the plan to Utnapishtim through a reed wall in a reed house.
Ea commanded Utnapishtim to demolish his house and build a boat, regardless of the cost, to keep living beings alive.
The boat must have equal dimensions with corresponding width and length and be covered over like Apsu boats.
Utnapishtim promised to do what Ea commanded.
He asked Ea what he should say to the city elders and the population.
Ea tells him to say that Enlil has rejected him and he can no longer reside in the city or set foot in Enlil's territory.
He should also say that he will go down to the Apsu "to live with my lord Ea".
Note: The Apsu was a fresh water marsh near the temple of Ea/Enki at the city of Eridu.[9]
Ea will provide abundant rain, a profusion of fowl and fish, and a wealthy harvest of wheat and bread.
link
en.wikipedia.org...

When you read on it it does seem that ENKI/the SERPENT cared more for the human herd then ENLIL but its all based off of the data being refiltered so I keep that in mind that some errors may exist in the translations. It is pretty wild to consider though.

Even so, leaking isn't considered a good act? (remember humans where destroyed since (if true) their hearts where filled with hate/anger according the bilble at least). When he was maybe on our side, his faith was doom, trying to save the old world&their people, and he would come back (after war vs the other gods, the bible says he would be thrown back to earth) He surely would hate humans very much then, loosing everything?, and if possible to destroy us all, where else to focus your hate to? after all, he probaly lost everything just by 1 lie? (because of us!, at least in his eyes most likely).
So just saying, trying to save the people, was maybe not because he cared more, but now he got some punishment for it and rebelled later on?

Our doom, became his, trying to save us, based on a lie.
If there is any hope for him, it's for us forgiving him, but maybe, he just doesn't really care about us, 1 bit, his hate probably just grew bigger in an endless debt?

But yea hard to really know what's true or not, especially for us.
www.youtube.com...

edit on 7-2-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by Plugin
Just look at for example these 2 pictures (especially the second picture), when reading the story of the the sumerian creators, when I look at them, I see them making animals and people (with their heads not attached yet). Just saying if I had to make a drawing of that story it would be close to that.

That's the Narmer palette. Your pics show the front and back sides of it.

It is an actual palette in the sense it was used to hold makeup like a palette today holds paint.

It commemorated Narmer uniting Upper and Lower Egypt and shows him beating on a foe with a cudgel. It also shows dead enemies (decapitated) lined up - meaning Narmer was a bad dude if you crossed him.

It has nothing to do with any god (other than the god-king of Egypt) and certainly has no involvement with anything Sumerian or Babylonian.

Harte
edit on 1/30/2012 by Harte because: (no reason given)

Maybe that's an explanation, but who says that's true?
People have to come up with something, like it's believed the pyramids where build in 20 years or something, as some funeral buildings for fa-roe's, let alone with all those theories how they build the pyramids, or when.
People want to know, but mostly we simply don't know 1 bit.

''Narmer uniting Upper and Lower Egypt and shows him beating on a foe with a cudgel.''

For me it's more likely Egyptians lived close to that area once, saw those big unexplained buildings/statues & giving names to statues and made their own stories up, even building their own pyramids (pretty poor ones) and so on, no wonder we still don't got 1 clue about how or why. And of course, this is Egyptian/people pride/''scientist'', even the thought of such thing, no way!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

For me it's more likely Egyptians lived close to that area once, saw those big unexplained buildings/statues & giving names to statues and made their own stories up, even building their own pyramids (pretty poor ones) and so on, no wonder we still don't got 1 clue about how or why. And of course, this is Egyptian/people pride/''scientist'', even the thought of such thing, no way!

The problem with that is there is no sign of another culture in the Nile valley during that time; just Neolithic farmers who later became Egyptians. Egyptology, until recently was controlled by Europeans. Most research is still done by Western Universities

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

The problem with that is there is no sign of another culture in the Nile valley during that time; just Neolithic farmers who later became Egyptians. Egyptology, until recently was controlled by Europeans. Most research is still done by Western Universities

Exactly....because the culture/technology was not developed here (on Earth). It was brought here.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Exactly....because the culture/technology was not developed here (on Earth). It was brought here.

So spacemen came all the way here and the best technology they had to teach the AE was bashing out limestone with diorite, or spliting them off with wedges and hauling them by manpower? Some technology! lol
edit on 8/2/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join