It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No-Fly Zone? Plz rename that to "War against Libya"!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
**This is related to something already reported in another thread... don't wanna spoil the work of somebody else!**

Libyan airstrikes could start within hours! BBC

I am told the first strikes will be unilateral ones by British and French aircraft. They could be in the air within hours. It is likely five Arab air forces will take part. Hillary Clinton has said it will mean bombing Libyan air defences. Nato will step up if asked but could take a while.

This is sickening that in a time of tragedy in Japan, the power elite is more than ever intent on starting a war!

Anyways my point here is that this whole "no-fly zone" literally means nothing less than WAR. They will send a massive air force to strike Libya, under the rationale of keeping the regime from making air attack! Same old "violent pacification". but this is all PR... in fact they'll be sending the whole military arsenal, fighter jets, choppers, bombers, to decapitate the Libyan regime, and they'll do it from the north. From Italy , more precisely.

USA, Britain and France are still committed to do it no matter what. These filthy arrogant fools will start a major conflict in the area so the UN Security Council will have its hand forced into approving the resolution.

So War with Libya is about to start... whether it will be a quick slap or the first step in a huge conflagration, time will tell. But these people who run our governments are definitely eager to go all the way!
edit on 17/3/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion

**This is related to something already reported in another thread... don't wanna spoil the work of somebody else!**

That's okay .... Here's my thread.

Thanks for the extra info and your thoughts Echtelion.

Peace,

AS

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
wow! thanks for posting this. And a restless night ensues.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
what do we have to gain from going to war with libya?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
So now Europe, Africa, Middle East and North America are at war.

WWIII?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I am utterly convinced that when my four year old is in high school, that she will be learning about this point in history as world war 3.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
YOu know what in my opinion, and it is only an opinion, I think something like this was alway's inevitable, and dare I say it necessary.

Gaddafi is repressive, he has been in power 40 odd years too long, the only reason he has been tollerated this long is because he has beef with muslim extremists, thus far he has been a powerful tool. But his chances have all been spent.

Yes Japan is suffering, but you know what, so are many countries around the world at any given time, the people of Libya deserve the opportunity to the same freedooms we all experience and take for granted. I don't want to take anything away from the suffering of the Japanese at this time, but Gaddafi has had his day, like many other leaders of that region, who more respectfully of its people bowed out before bloodshed escalated. Having heard some of the comments he has made in recent addresses to his and other Nations, he would rather see his people die, than loose his grip on power, and it is for that reason the situation out there must not continue.

We did not start the fight, his people did, and for awhile there the world has sat back whispering about whether to intervene or not, but now the UN have spoken out, and the answer to Gaddafi's plea for continued power is NO.

Of course I'm sure it goes without me saying, but I'll say it anyway, I really wish it didn't have to come to this, but just like that youtube vid doing the rounds, sometimes you've got to stand up and fight back a bully

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Area51NightStandx

We want gain anything,, but TPTB will make another killing selling these war materials which they control...They will also instill more fear among people and distinct and hostilities....This is their orgasm...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

It is my opinion this will not be much of a "war" in the traditional sense that we understand it, but to answer your question about what there is to gain...

Natural resources, a new puppet government who will obey it's masters, and more permanent bases and control in the region.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Obama's War - Blood for Oil! Seriously, this is just a no-fly zone -- its not war, heck its not even combat operations. Its just a few guys that share an interest in flying and pressing buttons.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Oil. Libya is the biggest producer in the region. I don't see much else, aside from more slaves for foreign profiteers.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

You're most likly right. but is all that worth the money we will spend during this war effort. Ehh even if it's not, someone, somewhere is making money

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Gaddafu himself IS a WMD. We do so have to excuse to help out, even the rebels in Benghazi themselves asked for a no fly zone... with big signs painted so pilots could see them.
And - lost in translation: on a less somber note
Perhaps there are too many flies buzzing around already in this glorious springtime,,, disturbing the rebels concentration - so swat teams or flyswatters would also help...

back to being serious:
K may be killed by one of his faithful soon.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
Obama's War - Blood for Oil! Seriously, this is just a no-fly zone -- its not war, heck its not even combat operations. Its just a few guys that share an interest in flying and pressing buttons.

They'll enforce it with stupid blimps and peaceful fighter drones bombing peace signs and candies over the country (signed by hippie Hillary)!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Area51NightStandx

Is it worth the money? In my opinion no, but it is not my opinion that matters. My opinion seems to never be in line with those who make the decisions.

link   
THIS IS SO STUPID!!!!! sorry lol we should give up trying to save the world! insted we should be saving are country we should be trying to put the great back into britain. how much is this war going to cost us tax payers! They should be putting that money to fixing the sinking ship of a f@cking country! how meny of are men have to come back in a cheep box draped in a flag all for what? honor of a over paid selfish cock? give them a better reason to give there life other then greed! why do we have to do this its non of are business!

( sorry for the language is realy does boil my piss
)

link   
Yea, evil dictators need to be taken out, but why does it always have to be lead by the U.S. Why can't any other country in the world step up to bat, our swingin arm is getting a little tired. We have enough problems to deal with as it is. Constant war = constant decline.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

reply to post by MrWendal

You're most likly right. but is all that worth the money we will spend during this war effort. Ehh even if it's not, someone, somewhere is making money

Depends who is the "We" you are referring to. If it's the banksters driving NATO, they seem to have a lot to spend on war toys and popcorn. This is a race to win over the entire planet -and especially its natural and human resources- so at the end they know they will cash-in, or so they believe...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion

"We" as in the taxpayers. We pay for the cost of the war, while the people at the top profit.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion

If you took some time to see what the UN authorized, it might make a little sense. The no fly zone and strikes authorized by the UN is to safeguard people on the ground. Ghadafi stated in his bid to retake the country was to eliminate citizens along the way.

While the issue in Japan is a problem, it shouldnt be used as a reason to ignore issue on other parts of the globe. I have always found it intresting that if something major occdurs in a western country, its a huge issue that should be the recipient of aid no matter what, while if its not a western country, the aid and concern is less.

Currently, the people of Libya need assistance more than what the people of Japan do for completely different reasons.

Namely the Government of Japan is not on a citizen killing spree in order to stay in power.

...perspective

top topics

join