It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An ATS member reports from central Tokyo: Part 2

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
your whole post starts off by insulting everyone, you say nothing about the situation in tokyo, the mood or anything else relevant, then you chastise everyone else for not contributing anything useful.

i look forward to part 3, in 24rs, of your series. maybe you'll actually talk about tokyo.

as a matter of fact, i don't even think you're in tokyo and you're trolling hard. this thread belongs in the hoax bin.
edit on 18-3-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

Did you conviently miss the part where he answered a few questions regarding the situation in Tokyo? No, it seems you're the person trolling - your ignorance astounds me.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I believe he's in Tokyo. He said he was there before the earthquake. I don't expect him to go into any dangerous places. But it be nice if he may speak to the citizen's there & get their thoughts and do some investigating.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord
To everyone who thought it would be clever to insult, attack, impolitely question, and otherwise engage in douchebaggery I would like to offer you my sincere condolences for being born as such giant anuses.

When so many are obviously appreciating and gaining insight from something that will not hurt anyone and could possibly help it is not prudent, polite or otherwise conducive to learning and growing as a person to engage in these behaviors. The only thing this could accomplish is similar to the little kid who doesn't like the other kids playing with a toy so he breaks it. Which is nothing at all.

Perhaps there was confusion? Was this an intellectual thread that would warrant this kind of critical questioning? ummm no!, was it a political statement that goes against your political beliefs? Some made it so but it wasn't.

This was a journaling of first hand experiences in an area many of us are intensely curious and concerned about at present. As such ALL of those responses which were not thanks or legitimate polite questions were not appropriate and ATS would be a better place if you were all banned. But you probably won't be because using discretion and being a decent human being is apparently not in the T&Cs.

Can you tell I'm irritated?

Just about what I was going to post when I got to the end of this thread.
Bang on the money there Jinglelord!
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by soaringhawk
reply to post by naught

I've done nothing wrong. I pointed out the insensitive behavior of his posts and I was chewed out for it. How can you get so offended over what someone says but not be sad that all this has happened. That 11,000 people are dead. It just boggles the mind. Perhaps he's desensitized and blinded by whatever 'business' he has. Humans are worth more than a buck anyday.
edit on 18-3-2011 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

It's not your place to make assumptions on someone you've never met, how can you say some has been desensitized from the a post on an internet forum? It's completely ridiculous and unwarranted.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

So many people have never been in any kind of disaster and have no idea what it is like. They get upset if the electricty goes off when a game is on. Money doesn't even help when your car has washed away,can't get gas anyway, no clean water to drink, no food to even buy. No home to even go back to. Some of the reactions on ATS and else where is an outrage. People that have no power over anything in their lives get off on hurting people to feel power. Your thread is a great asset to people here that have family over there they can't get intouch with. Plus we get the real news of what is really going on because no one can depend on the truth anywhere anymore by news or governments. Thank for being strong and putting the feelings of others before your own. That shows a lot of character. There are so many grateful for your effort. God be with you all.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Your attention:

The title of this thread is An ATS member reports from central Tokyo: Part 2.

This is not a debate about other members. This is not a debate about this particular member. The topic is that an ATS member is indeed in Japan and is giving on the ground accounts as they encounter them. Keep in mind that Civility & Decorum are Expected from everyone.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap
reply to post by Versa

Hang on a sec don't you think you should be aiming that at the people that once again derailed his thread with nitpicking?

Not at all, he knows what he did and it is blatantly obvious. He is trying to make us believe that the nitpicking is bad enough to keep him from letting the outside world know what is going on in the most devastated country that we have ever seen to date.

Have you ever been somewhere when this scale of tragedy is unfolding? Have you thought for one second that he might be a bit stressed and that is why he's been unable to deal with the trolls?

What a tool. I'd hate to have to interact with this guy on a professional level in the real world. I'd hate to have to interact with him on any level actually because you never know what might set him off. He is a tool of epic proportions for not being the bigger person. Yeah, he let the nitwits win. How easy was that for the nitwits? It really never was a fair fight, the nitwits had it in the bag from the get go.

the 'nitwits' are safe at home not under the sort of stress someone in Tokyo is in right now....To be honest I'd hate to deal with you when I was stressed because you come across as very unsympathetic yourself.

What does that tell us about the champagne sipping, private luxury hotel staying, many amenities and money having silent thunder?
So he had champagne.... So/ If it was available at the bar in the hotel he was staying at should he of stuck to water? What difference does that make to the fact that we could of asked him more pertinent questions?

Really, taking pictures of scraps of paper with silent thunder written on them to prove he is where he says he is.
very obviously that was done to avoid us doubting where he was..... If he hadn't of done that (and actually even though he did) people would of been demanding exactly that sort of proof....

If he was really interested in showing us something he would've. Believe me, he has nothing to offer us here because he cannot get over himself. Its all about silent thunder you see not the tragedy.

Well we get nothing now do we? We don't get to ask him any questions because some people here seem to want to ignore the fact that he might be very stressed at the moment and just demand that he posts like a professional reporter.

If you could get over yourself for a second you might see that we have missed an opportunity here to ask some real questions. People were so busy bashing ST because of some silly little details that they couldn't let go of (like the champagne) that they missed the bigger picture....

People could of ignored the champagne comments and focused on more important issues but no.... It was vital to some ATS members that they go at the unimportant parts of the thread like dogs with a bone and totally refuse to make any attempt at getting any info from ST.

Some members of ATS got hung up on a single unimportant issue when you could of been trying to draw some information about Tokyo out of ST.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by manicmaniac

didnt we used to have an inggnore button?> what happend to it?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by diamount

Desensitized by what he's been exposed to in life. And how can you say I can't judge if I've never met them? I never met Hitler, I never met Stalin or Lenin. I've never met a bunch of people. It doesn't take meeting someone to call them out for what they are. Now, we are supposed to be getting valuable information. He came here offering an 'inside look' to the situation. I am willing to over look the past & put it to rest.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by soaringhawk

Desensitized by what he's been exposed to in life. And how can you say I can't judge if I've never met them? I never met Hitler, I never met Stalin or Lenin. I've never met a bunch of people. It doesn't take meeting someone to call them out for what they are.

Ummmm what
are you trying to compare the OP to Hitler, Stalin or Lenin?

Now, we are supposed to be getting valuable information. He came here offering an 'inside look' to the situation. I am willing to over look the past & put it to rest.

Well too late now.... you could of been willing to be sensible and ignore the bits you didn't like and actually ask the OP some pertinent questions, but no...... you were too desperate to home in on the champagne weren't you? Maybe next time there's a crisis like this you'll do your best to try to draw the information your after out of the OP instead of making a big fuss about an unimportant issue.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Of course I'm not comparing him to Hitler. I was using an example.
Um, it was not & is not unimportant. It may reveal what type of guy he is. So I think it's very important. Instead of feeling sorry for himself and being so easily offended, care about the Japanese. He stated in a post of another thread he hadn't shed one tear. Now, how can he be so emotional over himself and not the Japanese? He seems unstable to me. I hope I'm wrong.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I have been a reader for years and never posted before today. This thread however put me over the edge. I was thoroughly enjoying reading Silent Thunder's narrative and was looking forward to every post. Unfortunately, several posters had to run it off in a ditch and make the OP leave. Thanks for ruining a very interesting perspective on the situation. Heaven forbid somebody get some real attention for a decent thread.

I give my thanks to Silent Thunder's time and efforts and wish he will return to ATS. God bless him and the people of Japan and may God watch over you.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Silent Thunder. Thanks a bunch for bringing us real news from Japan. It is good to get information from a different source than that spun, regurgitated info-crap that pollutes the web. In light of some who find reason to criticize you I feel the need to thank you for wading through it and and posting your very unique point of view.
I would love to know how the locals are feeling, what do they say? Do you have friends at hand who you talk to frequently?

P.S. Where is your avatar? You see when I read a thread like this I skim through and read all post by the OP. I am just not interested in all the opinion of what you say, I can make my own opinion for free. The only reason I know people criticized you is because you talked about it lol. Anyway, I am hoping that you will get and avatar that is easy to to spot as I scroll down the thread

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Everytime anyone posts a thread the first ones on there are the "Attachers" they say oh don't call me an attacher. I feel for him and the people in Japan, any kind of recovery seems so far off no one can even see it. It seems to be ok when people attack others threads, but OH we can't talk about other members. This man is a member and he is a link we do not need to break. I want to ask him, what can we as individuals do to help. I gave up on Charities during Hurricane Camile, in 69, K Mart sent truck loads of clothes to Biloxi, and the Red Cross, took all the clothes to New Orleans to their Thrift Stores. If you could tell me what I can send, I will do what I can. I trust you and more than some agency. U2U me.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Sorry of my miss-spelling, 8 years of College does not cure dyslexia. U2U me and I will try to send what I can and have people that will help.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Edit to add: I will check my U2Us for a few days to see if anyone is looking for specific loved ones in Japan or Tokyo. I will try to help you if I can, but I can gaurentee nothing. I will not respond to or read other U2Us. This will be for emergency and life-and-death issues only, please. Please don't abuse this.

Well, after three years, you've finally driven old silent thunder off ATS, at the point of his greatest need. I know I am overreacting but I'm not exactly in a normal frame of mind.

edit on 3/18/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

>> I guess this isn't totally about Japan -- but I'd just like to say; Hey, I appreciate a "man on the street" -- don't quit!

If you ignore all the people who welcome you, to focus on the people who are going to rub you wrong -- well, that's going to mean you are never going to know peace.

There is ALWAYS going to be one person in a thousand, who makes an insult, or one person who is a racist, or one person who has a problem. I think that taking offense is giving power to others.

Take power from people who support you and ignore the rest -- we ALL have to deal with people who challenge us. Don't let the mean spirited crowd you out -- because perhaps there are others who feel the same as you -- and eventually, only the bullies are left. Who else is going to tell us what the Japanese are going through in Tokyo?

I'm sure it's very scary right now, but we all only die once. Fear, however, is something that can eat you up. I figure, that if the radiation levels were really high (in Tokyo) -- we'd probably hear about it, with our without Japanese or US governments.

Good luck to you and all the people in Japan.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

What happened here was a tragedy, This guy offered to help people find loved ones and he was a conduit to the situation in Tokyo with an "ATS mindset." This should have been a very valuable situation.

Yeah, there's always going to be "one bad apple" but thats not what I saw in this thread. i saw a bunch of idiots repeatedly pile on some stressed out guy who was kind enough to provide free info, nitpicking him to death.. Even after he repeatedly made it clear he was stressed out. At the very least this signals a failure of the moderation system. I know mods can't be everywhere but this is (was?) one of the most valuable threads on ATS and the mods should have been on it like flies on %%%%. They should have shut down ANY post mentioning the poster or tending in that direaction. There were plenty of warnings, the guy played along until page 4 or 5, I'm suprised he slugged it out that long. Something could have been done to save this thread. It could have been a great asset not only for ATS but for the whole net.

"This is why we can't have nice things."

People who accuse him of not helping japan, whether or not that that's true, the people who hounded the OP off ATS actually HURT Japan and the rest of the world by closing a valuable conduit of information. I hope they can look at themselves in the mirror, i wouldn'T be able to.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join