It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could a Disaster like Japan, Effectivley Re-start your life?...possibly for the better??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
This is just an idea that just came to me as I watch another report from CCTV the Japaneese News Channel,

They are running through the figures of people confirmed dead and people still un accounted for.....

Lets say that you are someone who owes Inland revenue a big sum of money...you havnt paid your taxes...
You have a huge mortgage to pay off, maybe personal loans, car payments etc.....

Would you yourself take this oppourtunity to literally wipe yourself off the face of the earth leaving all those debts to be un accounted for???

I sure as hell would!!

Just a thought

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Yeah I probably would too, its just crazy how nobody is looting, I think life will return back to normal after a good 2 weeks for the Japanese they just have to hang in there!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Why bother? There are loads of ways, one of the best is to bugger off to europe and run a bar for a few years.
If that's too much for you, just move every 6 months. After about 6 years HMRC will have forgotten you and anyone else you owe money to won't be able to claim even if they go to court.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Would be nice but I think it would be very difficult. All it takes is getting pulled over or your prints ran, which if you have a record or were in the military, will bust ya. But I imagine it is possible if you really think it through. Wouldn't you have to abandon your family, them making you think you were dead? Interesting topic though never thought about it.

Deebo

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by grindhouzer

This is a really interesting topic grindhouzer! It made me begin to look into the matter more and I now realize that there are books that have been written about faking your own death. The disaster in Japan would be the perfect reason for someone to end up missing and be presumed dead. I'm now sure that it is being done as we speak and I believe I heard a story or two about people doing the very same thing after 911.

A faked death occurs when an individual leaves evidence to suggest that they are dead in order to mislead others. This may be done for a variety of reasons, such as to fraudulently collect insurance money or avoid capture by law enforcement for some other crime. People who fake their own deaths sometimes do so by ostensibly drowning, because it provides a plausible reason for the absence of a body. There are several how-to books on the subject of faking one's death, including Get Lost!, How to Disappear Completely and Never Be Found, How to Create a New Identity, and The Heavy Duty New Identity.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

A cautionary tale if you're thinking along these lines.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
It makes me feel for the people they would leave behind. I remember seeing this post card and thinking how could they do that to their family and friends? Pros and cons...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f01c826c47d9.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 17-3-2011 by SenstivelyMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
And how would you pull it off exactly? Unless that person plans to spend the rest of their life in the wilderness I'm not sure how it would be possible.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
im assuming the possibility that alot of records may have been lost during such an event.
The only way i see getting found out would be like a previous poster mentioned, getting pulled over, finger prints etc, but what if THESE records were also destroyed?
You would adapt your life to save yourself paying these debts eg: only use public transport avoid getting stopped by police, work for cash only etc
I for one dont have a family or much responsibility except for myself so this is why i ask...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by grindhouzer

Or more importantly to ask actually. Would you let your current identity and life, for all accounts and purposes, die to start a false identity and life that seems less burdensome to you? You know the grass is always greener. Would you be able to disconnect yourself from your current life and assume the false identity of someone else? No one can find out that you are really alive and well. That means no contact with anyone from your previous life.

new topics

top topics

join