It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING : UN Security Council authorizes no-fly zone over Libya

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

en.wikipedia.org...
Ghaddafi was not installed by the US or any western power.

His power is a product of the toppling of a previous monarchy
edit on 17-3-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
Wtf is wrong with you i ask ? Why they not attack Bahrein who is killing peaceful demonstrators
Ask yourself and don't be delusional

Amusing.

Why aren't they attacking Sudan then? Or Liberia? Or Egypt, Syria, Mexico, Iran, and basically every other country that had a government that ever hurt it's own citizens?

No - this is an urgent matter. More urgent than in Bahrain.
Scrambling jets in order to bombard whole cities filled with "rebels" (labeled by Gaddafi) is alot more serious than violent riots in Bahrain. If an action will not occur, this could be a second holocaust.

And it's not like USA has already sent millions of soldiers inside Libya! So far the only thing that has happened is that the UN security council declared Libyan skies as a no fly zone, in order to prevent Gaddafi's jets slaughtering of hundreds of thousands of his own civilians. What's there to be angry about? Nothing if you're not one of those people who like to get angry at the US for no apparent reason.

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
IsraeliGuy: Understand who put these 'Dictators' in power in the first place...

This claim of yours is very low on facts. Better neglect it and move to logical thinking I suggest.

-People are sick of their tyrant psychopath so they rebel against him
--Psychopath threatens to slaughter until they are no more using jets and every other military option he has
-UN agrees to help
-Libyan streets are happy
--People on ATS are angry that the US "dares" to involve in "yet" another country's business, eventho it means hundreds of thousands of people's lives are to be saved by that involvement.

edit on 17-3-2011 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2011 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
Sky News reporting that the R.A.F to start first bombing sorties in two hours. Umm, so we were given the green light to bomb the crap out of Libya? I thought they were patrolling and securing a NFZ? Jeez, how does world politics work, help!!!

I have checked out the sky news website cant find the story there. can you provide links for the two hours take off
for the RAF bombers.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
And humans have the nerve to ask why muslims hate the USA,i hope if another 911 happens,people wont ever ask that question again.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy
Scrambling jets in order to bombard whole cities filled with "rebels" (labeled by Gaddafi) is alot more serious than violent riots in Bahrain. If an action will not occur, this could be a second holocaust.

Prove or gtfo ..

You make some extraordinary claims here ..bombing whole cities ....second holocaust .... isn't wars in Iraq and Afghanistan second holocaust ?

Who are the US, UK or France to make decisions what is more "urgent" ?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Lolol, Canada are going to send Warplanes according to Sky News, do they have any over there? Can just imagine the Pilots saying "Over and oot"!

Anyway, I reckon it will all be over in 24 hours.

There will be a barrage of Tomahawk Cruise Missiles going into Gadaffi's Buildings, Runways and his Army etc.

Fired from the US Submarine and it's ships just off the Libyan Coast.

Then the UK's Eurofighter's will patrol the skies to finish the job off.

I've just been out to get the beers in to watch, cool..!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Excuse me but NO they aren't.

A holocaust would require the DELIBERATE targeting of civilians en masse.

That is not the case in either Iraq or Afghanistan.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I thought the US wasn't going to be taking any action on this one (for now).

It's the UK and France that will be policing the no fly zone.

Also part of the resolution states that no ground presence must be there but we can use the airspace and use missiles from ships to protect civilians.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Prove or gtfo ..

Nice civilized manner your conversations have.

Prove what? That Gaddafi has threatned to do so?

www.dailymail.co.uk...
www.reuters.com...
www.guardian.co.uk...
www.greenewave.com...
wlcentral.org...

Voila.

Now you prove this is anything other than that, else you gtfo.

Apparently these are countries you can count on to stop sadistic mad men like Gaddafi from slaughtering it's own people.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527
How cool was 911?

How come this moron isn't banned yet?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

Videos please of bombing cities and pictures of holocaust (that is your claims)... not links from MSM that brainwashed you
edit on 17-3-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Prove or gtfo ..

Nice civilized manner your conversations have.

Prove what? That Gaddafi has threatned to do so?

www.dailymail.co.uk...
www.reuters.com...
www.guardian.co.uk...
www.greenewave.com...
wlcentral.org...

Voila.

Now you prove this is anything other than that, else you gtfo.

Apparently these are countries you can count on to stop sadistic mad men like Gaddafi from slaughtering it's own people.

People are either dumb ,ignorant ,or just have no common sense,what is he suppose to do,let his country go into anarchy ,or have rebels run the country?
What is he suppose to do?
If hitler was alive, i gurantee this woudnt be happening.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Videos please of bombing cities and pictures of holocaust (that is your claims)... not links for MSM that brainwashed you

Fail, those are not my claims. Learn to read.

I've said that this no-fly zone is in order to prevent Gaddafi from doing such things. Not that these things have already happened.

No wonder you're that much a hater of the MSM that "brainwashes" us - you can't even comprehend a post on an online site.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

How cool was 911?

Libya's people i'm sure can use the help....

edit on 17-3-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Y'all dont feed the troll, ya hear

link   

WTF is the problem with you people? Gaddafi threatens to bomb his own citizens for heavens sake.

The funniest thing is if he indeed scrambles his warplanes and massacres his own people, you lot will say "yeah it's their business and we shouldn't bother them".
You guys don't care the slightest for people's lives, you only care about the fact that the oh-so-hated-US is involved.

FFS setting a no-fly zone in a country where it's leader openly threatens he will bombard his own citizens, is an act of war against the insane leader himself. NOT against the whole country. What do you say about the footages of the Libyan people celebrating this decision by the UN? Are they implanted CIA fake crowd? Psy-ops? Reptilians?

It takes a very biased line of thought to see these headlines and start calling US warmongers that only care for oil. No wonder everything is a conspiracy for you people! You make stupid hysteria based accusations before anything even happened.

Just for once get your head out of your ass and stop condemning anything that has a connection to the US foreign policy. They "may" be right sometimes you know.

Yeah that's right , let's put a NFZ around Israel because they have total disrespect for Palestinian lives. While we're at it, let's put a NFZ around Zimbabwe. How about Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Jordan, Yemeni?

It's not about hating the U.S, it's the total hypocrisy. It is about oil, it is about money, it is about power.

Why on earth didn't the U.S go into Libya when the Lockerbie Disaster happened? It would have had more justification. It's all BS, it's all about the money man. Why do you think the U.K are so interested? It's because B.P are losing £millions every day and the government ministers are not getting the kick back they think they are entitled to.

It's not about Gadaffi. If it was he would have been wiped out years ago, and the West certainly would not have been arming him for the last forty years.

link   

People are either dumb ,ignorant ,or just have no common sense,what is he suppose to do,let his country go into anarchy ,or have rebels run the country?
What is he suppose to do?
If hitler was alive, i gurantee this woudnt be happening.

What is he supposed to do? How about anything other than threatening to use planes against his own civilians?

And yeah, hitler's dead. DEAL WITH IT.

link   

Videos please of bombing cities and pictures of holocaust (that is your claims)... not links for MSM that brainwashed you

Fail, those are not my claims. Learn to read.

I've said that this no-fly zone is in order to prevent Gaddafi from doing such things. Not that these things have already happened.

No wonder you're that much a hater of the MSM that "brainwashes" us - you can't even comprehend a post on an online site.

They will bomb Lybia ..and children will die ..you war lover ...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Count Chocula

Originally posted by Cuervo
If we are still there in five years "establishing a democracy", I'm renouncing my citizenship.

The Russians and Chinese have to be laughing their butts off behind closed doors. After all those decades of waging ideological battles and resisting any actions in the UN security council, it turns out the easiest way to defeat the USA and the West is to simply sit back and let us do what we want.

Someone phone the bernank and tell him to turn up the speed dial on those printing presses, we gotta another war to fight!

Post of the month in my book.
Yes, it is a book of doom.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join