It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING : UN Security Council authorizes no-fly zone over Libya

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Price of oil going up.

Brent at 110 and change WTI crude at 103.

Go buy some food folks. Gas up your vehicles.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Sky News reporting that the R.A.F to start first bombing sorties in two hours. Umm, so we were given the green light to bomb the crap out of Libya? I thought they were patrolling and securing a NFZ? Jeez, how does world politics work, help!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Does anyone happen to have live traffic cams in Libya, lol. Seems to be the trend lately...
2nd line, same as the 1st.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
reply to post by edmc^2

The Greys??? Who? Every country that isn't supporting this has abstained, so it must be the extraterrestrial community.

The greys! LMFAO! to funny~

the greys..

no but seriously - Iran is watching this very closely, cuz, if the U.N. is able to do this to Libya, then the people of Iran - those who were protesting - will be imboldened to keep up with their protest and prolly will think that the U.N.sec council will be on thier side and do the same thing. But we'll see in coming days. What do you think?

link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

It works when the green light is given...that means anything goes....well as of late anyways.

link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

NFZs are created and maintained through bombing of air defenses and the destruction of runways and aircraft.

It's not just pilots going for a fly by in a show of force. Ghaddafi WILL fight back.
edit on 17-3-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Great pic from another poster

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Which further supports my opening comments that a " NFZ" is in fact an act of war. This is going to get ugly real fast~

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

And they've been doing a great job of managing it.

Many countries: The Saudis, the Brits, the US, France, Lebanon and others have been looking for an excuse to kill off Ghaddafi for a LONG time. That time has finally come.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Oh no doubt. Even the US concedes that this action is an act of war.

I don't think anyone is under the illusion that this is a transient act.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
WTF is the problem with you people? Gaddafi threatens to bomb his own citizens for heavens sake.

The funniest thing is if he indeed scrambles his warplanes and massacres his own people, you lot will say "yeah it's their business and we shouldn't bother them".
You guys don't care the slightest for people's lives, you only care about the fact that the oh-so-hated-US is involved.

FFS setting a no-fly zone in a country where it's leader openly threatens he will bombard his own citizens, is an act of war against the insane leader himself. NOT against the whole country. What do you say about the footages of the Libyan people celebrating this decision by the UN? Are they implanted CIA fake crowd? Psy-ops? Reptilians?

It takes a very biased line of thought to see these headlines and start calling US warmongers that only care for oil. No wonder everything is a conspiracy for you people! You make stupid hysteria based accusations before anything even happened.

Just for once get your head out of your ass and stop condemning anything that has a connection to the US foreign policy. They "may" be right sometimes you know.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I hate this. This really sucks.

Opposition is not there due to the Japan disaster. It is really cold and deceptive to run this straight through during these events.

People are stupid. We are about to start another war.

Everyone saying that it "won't last long", "no ground troops", "not a big deal". You're all stupid or ignorant, or simply a warmonger.. or simply all of the above.

Yet another horrible disaster.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

Don't misunderstand my position on this:

I am ALL for sending Ghaddafi to hell.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

Wtf is wrong with you i ask ? Why they not attack Bahrein who is killing peaceful demonstrators

Ask yourself and don't be delusional

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I wonder about this too.

It's home to the US' 5th fleet I believe.

The difference is that Bahrain is being aided by the Saudis who have a vested interest in keeping the Bahrain government in place. And we have a vested interest in not pissing off the Saudis as they control OPEC.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Don't you know anything? The Saudi's and Bahraini leaders are the GOOD dictators, silly!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

They lost control of Gadafi ...they control their puppets in Bahrein for now

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by JWash
edit:: Ha, you beat me to it SNAFU38. I must of been typing while you posted... I'm gonna shutup, keep making blunders today,lol.

Nonsense! If you learn then you don't blunder. It's better to ask if you don't know than pretend you know when you don't.

I blunder my way through this place every day.

Back on topic...

What I find interesting is the media's description of all the anti-government people in the recent events.

In Tunisia and Egypt they were "protesters", in Libya too they were "protesters" when things kicked off, but now they are armed they are called "rebels" which to me sounds much more nasty and threatening. Still Joe Bloggs and average Joe though.

Perception manipulation eh?

So here we go ....bombseye camera footage on news specials while Japan lies burning, drowning and bleeding. Messed up or what?

SO glad I live in the middle of nowhere. Not because I want to turn my back but because I can do what I can when I can without feeling oppressive influence waiting to knock on my door.

The people in the local bar are as ignorant as can be until I walk in and remind them of the world outside. Something I always look forward to.

Good luck to the Libyan people.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
IsraeliGuy: Understand who put these 'Dictators' in power in the first place...

also understand the Middle East will fight as they always have fought.. no matter how many countries we invade..

don't you think the 'USA' should be worried about it's own people first.. is not charging astronomical prices for food and shelter slowly killing each individual?... isn't people being out of work becoming homeless and starving slowly killing people?

instead of trying to control the world.. don't you think everyone should work on their own first

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Gaddafi's chilling threat: Attack us and we'll target foreign civilians

Muammar al-Gaddafi's regime yesterday warned it would attack foreign civilian and military targets if international powers took military action against his forces.

My first thought is - the UN is going to have to act fast if they want to prevent this guy from going even more insane.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join