It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING : UN Security Council authorizes no-fly zone over Libya

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Thanks again for the clarification. I'm going to do some digging so I can become somewhat familiar w/ Libya's history... Always learning.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Well it was just a question of time, and now you have it. Aggression to begin within 2-3 hours from Aviano airbase. A friend in Italy has signaled heightened activity and preparations at Aviano, his 'source' is apparently inside the base. I will relay any other info I get from him: if an inordinate number of planes take-off, you will be amongst the first to know it.

I have a really bad feeling about this....

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Maybe not, but once Gadaffi is gone, wait and see which major U.S corporations move in on the oil. Christ, B.P can't wait to get back there, but as sure as eggs are eggs, the U.S oil companies will follow. Hi Exxon, I'm B.P, let's screw this country as hard as we can!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Gadafi is not naive .. and he is crazy

Gaddafi threatens to retaliate in the Mediterranean area if Libya is attacked

www.guardian.co.uk...

link   
Well they aren't wasting any time. Seems airstrikes will start very soon.

www.bbc.co.uk...

link   

Originally posted by Snappahead
I wonder when they'll impose a no-fly zone in Bahrain and Saudi Arabia???

That will never happen as long as their puppets remain in power.

Poor people of these countries are left high and dry regardless of their legitimate cries for democracy!! Democracy for some but not if it gets in the way of Capatilism.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Q:

Do you know who is watching this event very closely? And prolly considering their next step?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
If we weren't broke and about to collapse under the weight of our own debt I wouldn't be against this action. We will not have boots on the ground with exception maybe to target painters and SF forces training the rebels.

When the UN decides to slap someone it's usually US forces that lead the way...This is gonna cost us big and it will give the US government an out for the massive inflation they've caused in the system thus far..

Broke? Got to war...

As I said, on principle, I'm not against this. But reality says this may be an ill-fated campaign.

Sorry to tell ya man, but we are currently involved in 2 separate wars, and look at the massive inflation of the dollar. Going to Libya will do nothing to reduce inflation. In order to provide funding for any war/skirmish, the Federal reserve will be at high print, which will push more currency into the system, thus inflating the dollar further. Is doesn't work like it did in the 40's where you could go to war to reduce inflation, we don't take the losses of the military equipment like we used to. Going to Libya for any reason, any type of war/skirmish, will only further the debt.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
So whats the time frame before the missles strike and the bombs start falling? Also, what does "all neccesary measures" mean?

Just a few minutes ago on CNN, a reporter said theres a possibility of cruise missle strikes within hours.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Heightened activity at Aviano air-base confirmed. Time-frame is now....

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
So whats the time frame before the missles strike and the bombs start falling? Also, what does "all neccesary measures" mean?

Just a few minutes ago on CNN, a reporter said theres a possibility of cruise missle strikes within hours.

Well with the passing of the UN, and Gaddalfi saying that any actions and he will strike targets in the Med, would suggest a quick action by all forces involved. And no matter what the UN claims, when this Libya issue is over, the US will still come out looking like the bad guy...why?...because there are many countries who resent us right now. Now matter if our efforts are Humanitarian, we will still look bad in the global spectrum of things.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Actually I agree with you entirely.

Didn't factor in equipment loss.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

You addressed the right scope of things, but sometimes we get ahead of ourselves and forget minor details!

Good on you for acknowledging that!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

The Greys??? Who? Every country that isn't supporting this has abstained, so it must be the extraterrestrial community.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
reply to post by edmc^2

The Greys??? Who? Every country that isn't supporting this has abstained, so it must be the extraterrestrial community.

The greys! LMFAO! to funny~

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Here's my attitude on this now...Since we're already committed to this, I hope for swift and decisive victory and a nice 500lbs GBU down Ghaddafi's throat.

link   
Son of Ghaddafi saying everything will be over in 48hrs. Its the 19th the day of the moon.
edit on 17-3-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

link   
As long as Gadaffi doesn't send his planes in the air he shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Yeah Right!!!!!!!!!!

Bombs on the way........

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours
Son of Gadaffi saying everything will be over in 48hrs. Its the 19th the day of the moon.

Is his son one of the " bad " guys? haven't heard much on him sorry to say~

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
Here's my attitude on this now...Since we're already committed to this, I hope for swift and decisive victory and a nice 500lbs GBU down Ghaddafi's throat.

Wishful thinking man, the corporatist will drag this out as long as they can...$$$$$$$

can you say...CHAAAAAAA CHIIIIIIIING!
edit on 17-3-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join