It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING : UN Security Council authorizes no-fly zone over Libya

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SNAFU38

A great relief for now maybe.

Wait until they feel the full extent of an occupying force. Their oil will be shared amongst the western powers and these so called rebels will become insurgents. When they start blowing up our poor pawns, then we will have to hear the old rhetoric of Al Queda being involved.

How much more BS will we have to put up with before we wake up? If I was Russian or Chinese I would feel ashamed that my country would abstain on such an important issue. Ever wondered why they call the chinese yellow? It's not because of their race, believe me.

link   

Originally posted by NNEECE
Well that's because Russia and China always abstain and China doesn't have an Air Force.
edit on 17-3-2011 by NNEECE because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by SNAFU38

The answer to your question is yes, they have potential for a very large biological and chemical capability. 24 hours until the UN gets there, I believe the Libyan people are in BIG trouble right now. What a war that will be waged upon them tonight...

While Libya is believed to have had a biological warfare program for many years, it remains in the early research and development stages, primarily because Libya lacks an adequate scientific and technical base. The program also suffers from the difficulty Libya has acquiring needed foreign equipment and technical expertise, partly due to current UN sanctions. However, Libya is trying to develop an indigenous capability and may be able to produce laboratory quantities of agent.

The US believes that Libya has continued its biological warfare program. Although its program is in the research-and-development stage, Libya may be capable of producing small quantities of biological agent. Libya's BW program has been hindered, in part, by the country's poor scientific and technological base, equipment shortages, and a lack of skilled personnel, as well as by UN sanctions in place from 1992 to 1999.

edit on 17/3/2011 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

And we all know how people just LOVE telling the other powers in the world that they have capabilities to go genocidal on their own people. Ghaddafi holds up a sign that says `Got Bio Weapons Right Here``*sarcasm*
edit on 17/3/2011 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NNEECE

Chine does indeed have an airforce and they have been spending a crap load of cash on new arms..

India becomes world's largest arms importer, seeking to counter China

www.google.com...
edit on 17-3-2011 by Discover because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

We will NOT be committing to a full scale ground war in Libya.

Won't happen. Other nations might want to take it that far, but the US cannot do it.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Please excuse my intellectual deficiencies in regards to Libya (I already goofed once). But does the Libyan gov't have anything that would be of concern if they felt threatened or put into a defensive posture?

Such as: Biological, Chemical or god forbid nuclear weapons?

edit:: Ha, you beat me to it SNAFU38. I must of been typing while you posted... I'm gonna shutup, keep making blunders today,lol.
edit on 17-3-2011 by JWash because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I wonder when they'll impose a no-fly zone in Bahrain and Saudi Arabia???

link   
Originally posted by Discover
reply to post by NNEECE

Chine does indeed have an airforce and they have been spending a crap load of cash on new arms..

Sorry, they are one of the few known so called 'super powers' that claim to not have nor want an air defense team. They are spending little money on new arms but nothing air borne for defense or attack.

link   
reply to post by JWash

It's possible. But during the Bush admin. Libya announced and according to reports gave up their chemical and nuke programs. It may be that they have something left, and Ghaddafi is crazy enough to use them...But I'm not certain that he has any such weapons.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

reply to post by NNEECE

Sorry, they are one of the few known so called 'super powers' that claim to not have nor want an air defense team. They are spending little money on new arms but nothing air borne for defense or attack.

That is absolutely not true www.sinodefence.com...

link   
reply to post by JWash

They have a crap load of mustard gas but supposedly no way to launch them...

link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
If we are still there in five years "establishing a democracy", I'm renouncing my citizenship.

The Russians and Chinese have to be laughing their butts off behind closed doors. After all those decades of waging ideological battles and resisting any actions in the UN security council, it turns out the easiest way to defeat the USA and the West is to simply sit back and let us do what we want.

Someone phone the bernank and tell him to turn up the speed dial on those printing presses, we gotta another war to fight!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Good about time that we got even with Gaddafi for the Lockerbie bombing. lets all remember they were Innocent people who had nothing to do with Politics.I personally hope they string him up high
edit on 17-3-2011 by diamonddave because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I wouldnt say building a new air craft carry is a " small expenditure" would you? Trust me, in having a carrier, they will have aircraft. Or do you think they will just sail around showing off their new prize?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

They most certainly do have a chemical/biological weapons programme and the U.S know this.

How does the U.S know this? Well they were the ones that sold them the programme, just as they sold the programme to the Iraqi's.

link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

reply to post by NNEECE

That is absolutely not true www.sinodefence.com...

Yea, the very second line of that article says it TINY over the past 15 years. LOL

link   
reply to post by NNEECE

Loooooool, what are these ? toys ?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

So the Libyan people are just subhumans?

Not worthy of support when they try to throw off a brutal nutcase dictator of 41 years, after seeing the examples in Tunisia and Egypt of the arab street rising up?

Even when the Arab League implores the UN to help those people?

It's all sham any damned way:

Obama and the rest of the so-called "International Community" has sat with their thumbs firmly inserted as these people bled and died for over a month, rifles and rocks and whatever they could steal against helicopter gunships and fighters and tanks.

Now, at the last moment, gee whiz - we get a UN vote! Hooray!

That probably means what's left of the Libyan rebels will be dead by tomorrow night, without any country ever standing up for their rights as human beings to have self determination.

TPTB love this status quo.

Disgusting.
edit on 17-3-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
reply to post by NNEECE

Loooooool, what are these ? toys ?

To answer honestly I think I have a slew of them surrounding my rubber ducky at home in the bathroom. Looks just like em. hahahaha

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

beat me to it, further did you see the china commercial about their air force, where they used a tid bit from the movie top gun?

edit on 17-3-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join