It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING : UN Security Council authorizes no-fly zone over Libya

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

You can tell this fairy tales to Bill O'Reilly
Afghanistan recently

Sixty-five civilians, 40 children, were killed in a NATO assault on insurgents in eastern Afghanistan earlier this month, according to findings of an Afghan government investigation released Sunday. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Children by mistake ..and this is happening 10 years

You say Iraq was mistake ..mistake which leads to

No depleted uranium and no cancer ..sorry but my uncle died for cancer caused by DU

A leading expert in the field says the NATO’s use of depleted uranium ammunition in it’s aggression on Serbia has caused enormous increase in cancer rates and number of newborns with genetic malformations.

nwoobserver.wordpress.com...

You are far away from reality ... all those mistakes bring suffering ,deaths, ruined countries ...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
And another MP in the commons has requested that no DU weapons be used in Libya.....

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
the Un remove libya as a member state of the UNSC , and then allow a no fly zone restriction to be placed upon Libya .

That really sounds like invasion to me , no matter if it comes from the UN or not .
the UK , France and the US do not have the best interests of the Libyan nationals in their minds.
Anyone who says they do , are surely just living in a dream world.

even when you say the US wont be directly involved , apart from intelligence provision , I find that extremely hard to believe. I will need to go and see what the US defense secretary has to say about it.

I think the best way to stop a country going to war with another nation is to stop funding it . Stop paying your taxes and refuse to pay them until they withdraw or stop the military action.

If the council threaten to evict you , you can use squatters rights HA !

reg

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Count Chocula
Thats BS, show me one example of when the UK or French led the way on anything. I would be shocked if they do ANY fighting let alone at the forefront.

My step son who's in the Navy is somewhere off the coast of Libya right now, while I don't know exactly where since that's classified I can assure you the it will once again be the US doing all the heavy lifting.

Mmm, what about world war 2, it was britain and france that stood up to the nazis whilst the US sat back deciding which side of the fight to join.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Hmm...this all seems as fishy to me as anything the NWO does. I don't know how, but in a short period of time all

of a sudden and damn near simultaneously uprisings start in all these countries and their Regimes are being

toppled. This is theatre...and the leading role is the NWO as Bobby the Kraken, slowly spreading his tentacles

around the Middle East.
edit on 18-3-2011 by dude69 because: #ty spelling

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

From the WHO:
www.who.int...

Exposure to uranium and depleted uranium

Under most circumstances, use of DU will make a negligible contribution to the overall natural background levels of uranium in the environment. Probably the greatest potential for DU exposure will follow conflict where DU munitions are used.

A recent United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) report giving field measurements taken around selected impact sites in Kosovo (Federal Republic of Yugoslavia) indicates that contamination by DU in the environment was localized to a few tens of metres around impact sites. Contamination by DU dusts of local vegetation and water supplies was found to be extremely low. Thus, the probability of significant exposure to local populations was considered to be very low.

A UN expert team reported in November 2002 that they found traces of DU in three locations among 14 sites investigated in Bosnia following NATO airstrikes in 1995. A full report is expected to be published by UNEP in March 2003.

Levels of DU may exceed background levels of uranium close to DU contaminating events. Over the days and years following such an event, the contamination normally becomes dispersed into the wider natural environment by wind and rain. People living or working in affected areas may inhale contaminated dusts or consume contaminated food and drinking water.

People near an aircraft crash may be exposed to DU dusts if counterweights are exposed to prolonged intense heat. Significant exposure would be rare, as large masses of DU counterweights are unlikely to ignite and would oxidize only slowly. Exposures of clean-up and emergency workers to DU following aircraft accidents are possible, but normal occupational protection measures would prevent any significant exposure.

Again, I acknowledge the fact that if inhaled in large quantities DU IS toxic. However the effects are often overblown. It's also not as radioactive as people make it out to be. your radiology professor in you propaganda blog link should know that...but my guess is he either has an agenda, or is lying.

Absorption of depleted uranium

About 98% of uranium entering the body via ingestion is not absorbed, but is eliminated via the faeces. Typical gut absorption rates for uranium in food and water are about 2% for soluble and about 0.2% for insoluble uranium compounds.
The fraction of uranium absorbed into the blood is generally greater following inhalation than following ingestion of the same chemical form. The fraction will also depend on the particle size distribution. For some soluble forms, more than 20% of the inhaled material could be absorbed into blood.
Of the uranium that is absorbed into the blood, approximately 70% will be filtered by the kidney and excreted in the urine within 24 hours; this amount increases to 90% within a few days.

Now, according to this same report, TOO MUCH of this stuff could cause some serious health effects. Same with absorbing any other heavy metal in large quantities.

Again, get your facts straight.

edit on 18-3-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Update 1:35 p.m. Chief Prosecutor Luis Moreno-Ocampo of the International Criminal Court (ICC) in The Hague Gaddafi warns citizens not to attack. Moreno-Ocampo said that Gaddafi would be guilty of war crimes if he threat of attacking civilians continues in Benghazi. The ICC has initiated investigations into Gaddafi and his sons for possible war crimes after Gaddafi's fighting between security forces and rebels. (Reuters)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Libya's foreign minister is on TV saying that it is now having an immediate ceasefire and will cease all operations, due to the UN resolution - ummm is this guy saying something completely different to Gadaffi!?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
And they are 'saddened' by the restrictions put on Libyan airspace in the way of civilian air traffic (no-fly zone) and that will affect the 'normal' Libyan people

They find it unreasonable that the UN will use military power for the no fly zone, and they say it is against the UN charter and a violation against the national soverignty of Libya

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I don't believe the U.S. should even be involved with Libya. Watching them cheer in the streets after 911, the rebels are no better than the current regime. Let them have their civil war.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Breaking. Libya declares ceasefire with immediate effect.

news.sky.com... 103315954839?lpos=World_News_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15954839_Gaddafi_Closes_Air_Space_Over_Libya_As_Britain_Sends_Aircraft_To_Enforce_No-Fly_Zo ne%3A_Ceasefire

Slimey bastard. Will be interesting to see what happens in the near future. Sorry about the link.
edit on 18-3-2011 by Big Raging Loner because: Crap link.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

But the attack has not yet been cancelled.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by dude69

They would be foolish to. Plus the wheels are in motion, which take a bit to get going. He is just buying time, reminds me of a cockroach in many ways.

The Libyan government has announced an immediate ceasefire, less than two hours after Prime Minister David Cameron said British fighter jets would be deployed to enforce a United Nations no-fly zone.

I'm not sure how I feel about action personally.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Seriously?!?! Have you not been watching the news, of how the people are trying to overthrow a brutal dictator, and are being slaughtered? The main thing I felt was overwhelming shame that we weren't doing something....I'm only afraid its coming too little, too late. Do you REALLY think that a brutal dictator like this should be in power, when the people have literally been BEGGING for help from anyone? Have you missed all the interviews with such people? Its a sad, sad situation.....There are times to fight and times not to. Iraq...no. Why? There was not a huge outcry from the people begging us to come in.....a few people sure. But not the entire population. Plus it was mainly just the U.S. and we obviously had ulterior motives from the get-go. Egypt...no. Why? They didn't need us...as bad as that regime was, ultimately their leader stepped down. People are being massacred in Libya.. Ghadafi REFUSES to step down, and is quite obviously delusional.....there is a HUGE difference! I imagine you would have been against us going to war with Hitler too. There is such a thing as military action for the right reason. This is it.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
about time to do it. they should have detroyed libya aviation the first days, just imagine how many lives could have been saved! letting mercenaries fester around the nation has been a shame. i am embarassed by the support my nation (italy) has given all these years to this dictator.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
anywhere crude oil is extracted, usa is involved.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mutante

Yep, because the US is the ONLY country with oil interests in the world. The only one. There are no others.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I think its about time. You got this hitler like dictator just killing people left and right.......ABOUT TIME!!

I see where this mattter concerns some but as read some of the posts I have to say the gov't is damned if they do or if they don't.

I am glad they finnally did. We must demand quickness though, if the situation lingers then we can start the bickering about the expense. People are being killed just for protesting for a better life. Some of these comments are I see are just plain angry.

I think we were gonna get in there quicker but I think this triple whammy disaster might have put a wrench in the gears don't you think.

If we are gonna protect the world then these are the fights I wanna be in. We need to stomp out these crazy dictators all over the world. no matter the expense.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by reg

Might i also add to this... the falklands(ok, was just our war), WWI, even afghanistan invasion was path found by british SAS squads, same for BOTH iraq wars... sorry first war was kuwait, but you catch my drift.... it's actually far more difficult to find a war where America has 'LED' the way... oh yeah, vietnam, how did that work out? This forum shouldn't be for the bigging up or mocking of anyone's forces, i hate arrogance inherant in any nation... it is ultimately what makes us all kill each other.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Ghadafi is not a dictator. He's not even a politician. He doesn't run the country. He liberated Libya from a dictator then installed democracy. Lybia is the most democratic country in the world. Ghadafi is allowed to do a lot of things because the people like him and owe him.

Lybia has the best economy in Africa and the most educated population in Africa. Inform yourself rather than just swallowing up what the media says.

These "rebels" most likely are employees of Blackwater or some other organisation like it. The US and UK want Lybian oil. (Oh, what a surprise!). Same reason they keep saying that the democratically elected Chavez is a dictator. Same reason they want Iran.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join