It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING : UN Security Council authorizes no-fly zone over Libya

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Abney

Why do people keep blaming the US for this?

The US isn't even taking the lead on this one.

The UN and the Arab league are.
edit on 18-3-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by demoncleaner
So do you think NATO will also enforce a no-fly zone over Bahrain when they start attacking their citizens?

Or is it just for dictators who are not total puppets?

No just for dictators who are sitting on s$$$ loads of oil.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBogmonster

If you're so naive as to think this is about freedoms and liberties, then I'm at a loss at what to tell you. You just haven't been paying attention. There are genocides happening all over Africa and Asia and the ME and the US and world sit back and let it happen. Slaughters worse than what is going on in Libya. There is a reason the US and UN are getting involved NOW in THESE countries, and it has nothing to do with helping a group of protesters liberate themselves. I'm sorry if that's how you're perceiving it.

Enforcing a no fly zone is an act of war. Period.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

We voted for it. If we supply even one bullet, then we're complicit. Who's taking the lead is irrelevant. It only matters who fires a shot.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Abney

I am going to go out on a limb here and guess your are not a native Texan and in the military? USAF?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Tell ya what, if our military don't participate in military actions against them, then I will apologize. I foresee our military and planes actively participating in it, which pisses me off just as much as it would if our country was leading the charge. I am sick of hearing of our military attacking other countries, our military people coming home in boxes to fight other people's battles, while the freedom they think they are fighting for gets sucked dry at home.

I expect you to send a U2U reminding me of this post if that is the case too lol. I am a man of my word.
edit on Fri, 18 Mar 2011 05:37:04 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

It is a game to us, unfortunately one that is very real and supporting ideals of people we don't know and destroying those that are opposing it. Nothing like getting decked out in battle gear and riding out on other countries rednecks, given the tenacity of our rednecks I am not surprised they have been putting up a fight, but Libya appears to be a different story.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Canada might be sending 6 cf- 18 to help on the no fly zone, was on the news today, there still waiting for the green light planes and pilots where ready and could be there in 24 hours.

fr-ca.actualites.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
im eagerly awaiting Gaddafi's usual TV appearance, couldnt find any released statements from Libya other than embassies

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
So the British and French planes are going in first, then the Americans show up high on amphetamine and as usual start taking out friendly planes.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by dukeofjive

Oh man, so now both of my countries are in on it? Bah this sucks.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

not to happy about it either, our cf-18 are usualy used for practice until the pilot ejects and we lose the plane lol, dont see how thats going to help anybody lol

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
If LIbya is so important why did few people know about it before today. Why wasn't Bush talking about it. I haven't heard Obama mention libya before today. Why did libya become important.

Someone tell me whether i've had my head in the sand.

Did this just happen now or was it brewing for years? And if so why did I hear nothing from Bush? All I remember him complaining about was Iraq and Afghanistan which I can understand.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by Abney

If it's so important then why are we not in africa in force protecting the weak?

I am suspect. This isn't the first time a country has been mean with protesters you know.

Seems strange first we got protests and Egypt and then in Libya. Why? I'll have to do my research on Libya now. I realize we may be doing the right thing, but I feel stretch between all that's going on. It's so hard to keep up with this world.
edit on 18-3-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by Abney

To my knowledge it were mainly Britain and France which proposed these actions.
Source
Source via Google Translate

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

If we are still there in five years "establishing a democracy", I'm renouncing my citizenship.

I'll bet you don't! If you do will you be moving to Tehran, Pyongyang, Havana, Damascus or Caracas? lol lol lol!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Because if the US actually did use the military to help out every population on Earth being oppressed by their government we'd be called warmongers. If we do nothing then we are accused of not caring about oppressed people. Hell, even the aid we sent to Haiti after the quake was used as propaganda to paint our actions there as an invasion.

Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Interesting that Japan is now secondary news having been wall-to-wall. This goes back to another members post regarding emotions about the news in Japan - it's all too much!

It's also interesting that this precedent of a Security Council resolution re: Libya now surely must pave the way to a similar path towards Bahrain and other countries using military force against the populous. I doubt we will commit there but it shows a clear hypocritical approach where by we pick and choose which fights to take on.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

No Fly Zone is another way of saying "Half-ass military strikes to increase corporate profits".

2nd line.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Exactly right. It's about time many (not all) ATS members got off their backsides and acknowledged this and stop condemning the USA and kissing the butts of the leaders of terrorist nations like Iran, Syria and the Palestinians shame on you! Eat your words terrorist defenders!

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join