It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN resolution has been passed no fly zone in Libya

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
better late than never no links as of yet.....
edit on 17-3-2011 by majestic3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by majestic3

Here is a link. Its not the actual story, but on top you can see the breaking news that says it has been passed.

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 17-3-2011 by lcbjr1979 because: more info

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
lets just hope we don't get another lockerbie bombing this should have happened ages ago

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

nice one

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
All i can say is it's about time i mean why they didn't do this a week ago is beyond me but at least they have done it i only hope it isn't to late.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Heres a link www.abc.net.au...
Finally they authorize a no=fly zone ,just as the rebels are about to be wiped out.
Coincidence or convenience?
Send in the Drones,Why does this story have all these similarities with Star Wars, the Rebel alliance, Lord Vader,Princess Leia and Tatooine?
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 17-3-2011 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
This Resolution is just another weak unplanned proposal to come from this "Body"

Libya is on the UN Human Rights Council, what a joke.

The man is threatening his own Countrymen with annihilation.

I have to stick to my one well placed Drone Strike Theory.

Now****Let your Anti-American rants begin....
edit on 17-3-2011 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Well we will see what the fall out is because of this "No-Fly Zone" because they will have to attack the ground forces, command and control centers, radar, SAMs, and AA batteries. I don't see what this is going to accomplish.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Convenience for sure. I get the strong impression the US isn't particularly interested and was delaying this action for as long as possible, hoping it might just sort itself out.

Sets a dangerous precedent though for potential action in over civil disputes throughout the world.

Interesting times ahead.....

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I do not think this is just a civilian dispute. I'v been living under communism, and I know how the population can be terrorized by a small mental elite that is smart enough to give big benefits to the loyal armies so they can oppress the nation better. That nation is a hostage nation, this is not just a civilian dispute.And the dictator is clearly a psychopath . Mubarak in the end stepped down , because he had enough dignity not to kill his own nation in the rage for power, but Gaddafi is different. Power at any price. Being so locked in his own small little imaginary world , not caring and understanding the struggle and the tears of an enslaved nation. I am sorry it took so long to get a decision, but at least this time did not get any opposition. Freedom to the world!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Already posted about 40 min ago-

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Freaking disgusting - the double standards applied by America. A no-fly zone for Libya, whereas the evil Saudis are given the green light to aggressively deal with protests in Bahrain. All we get is silence from the US, no word of criticism.

I assume that the US decides what nation needs democracy and which one doesn't. After all, until a few weeks ago, Egypt had no need for democracy and Mubarak was a favorite puppet of the US government.

new topics

top topics

join