It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN vote for No-Fly zone over Libya

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
So it’s upon us 10 voted for, 0 against and 5 abstained, there will now be a no fly zone over Libya and military action is imminent.

Fireworks, gunfire and cheering in Benghazi

I wonder what will unfold now.

edit on 17/3/2011 by LestatG because: (no reason given)

BBC

Al Jazeera

Sky News

edit on 17/3/2011 by LestatG because: Adding links

edit on 17/3/2011 by LestatG because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Why did they declare it a "no-fly zone"?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
my god that was fast i was just about to post the very same thing, was just waiting for the rest of the Council Speech

Looks like a all out war with Libya now. bit worrying the 5 who went against

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
All I know is that my gut is telling me this is not good.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
China, Russia, India, Brazil and Germany Hmmm interesting

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by psyclops777

It is an interesting mix, it will be intriguing to hear there reasoning. I’m also curious to why Lebanon is heavily involved.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Being drafted/conscripted to fight the Chinese/Russians = My greatest Fear.

Or fight any war, come to think of it.

I embrace all cultures and kinds amongst the earth... humbly desire to have the same in return.

I will never raise arms against a fellow man, to line the pockets of the rich & slaughter the poor.

My thoughts are with those, forced; in war.

M
edit on 17-3-2011 by MavRck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
If a rebellion broke out in the US, the government would do the exact same thing Libya is doing

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
just in case anyone asks the sill question " what is a No Fly Zone"
see here
en.wikipedia.org...

well some one had to post it ('
')

I cant believe I just tried to add and update the wiki page and someone beat me to that as well

my reference ended up in the notes at the bottom, and the whole paragraph of libya reference was changed
wow that was quick ?

edit on 17/3/11 by psyclops777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by psyclops777
China, Russia, India, Brazil and Germany Hmmm interesting

Of course they abstained.

Time is telling, isnt it.

edit on 17-3-2011 by Nephalim because: Shame on you, damn shame

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Seems as though it could be just in time considering Gaddafi's threats earlier this evening. I am slightly concerned regarding someone’s threats about attacking civilian and military targets in Med.
Another French War ship left the harbour early yesterday and now there are hardly any here compared to several days ago.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I just wonder now how long the Libyan War will last and wonder if Egypt, Tunisia then the rest of Nothern Africa etc might get dragged along with it.
Gaddafi will try and take as many of his own as he can, Mind of the Madman seems to the be the case with the leaders of some countries lately
edit on 17/3/11 by psyclops777 because: added reference

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

It's a good inclusion I did not fully understand the man power and logistics involved with such a strategy, this is quite serious. Thanks for the link.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I just had a gut feeling that this Libyan War is going to turn out to be even worse that the previous wars that we have been involved with, I dont think Gaddafi is going to go quietly and might become even worse trouble than Saddam Hussain and Osama bin laden together

It might engulf into a All out war across the middle east if we are not careful

Typical of the UK to get involved again in a war HHMMMMM
edit on 17/3/11 by psyclops777 because: spell check

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Not looking very good, strong words from the UN, I do worry about all thoose people in Benghazi. Goodness knows what Gaddifi will do before anyone can deploy any form of protection for them.

They are all crowded in one place, seem like sitting targets to some one like him.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MavRck

I am with you on this one. I have spent time in China and there is no way I could fight against their people. I have built too many relationships with some to be able to bring myself to that.

A friend of mine said it best with the Yugoslavia conflict, he said the army had been telling them for 20 years how Yugoslavia was their country and they were to protect everyone in it. But after the political war started, they changed and said they had to fight the same people they were sworn to protect. A good number left the army when that happened.

Wars in the last 30 years have never been for the people.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

my my Boncho
you have been busy, how did you manager to get so popular since joined 2 weeks ago?

boncho
Member was on ATS
5 minutes ago.

P 756 F 0 S 458
W 4 K 9

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by psyclops777
reply to post by boncho

my my Boncho
you have been busy, how did you manager to get so popular since joined 2 weeks ago?

I'm a paid disinfo agent so I managed through special privilege. I'm not sure what that has to do with a no fly zone though.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Had to ask Boncho, after all this a conspiracy theory website so we all become twichy (suspicious) of other members now and again

no harm intended, was just curious that in 2 weeks your stats shot right up ?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Hey guys thread has been moved to one with a lengtheir discussion. I'll post the link when I'm on the PC. Thanks for the comments - interesting times we are in - see you on the other thread

new topics

top topics

join