It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How conspiracy theorizing empower the conspirators.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I was recently watching the secret, and it gave me a thought. I realize that many people probably take issue with the things espoused in that movie, but I think that it has some merit. I really do believe in our creative power and that the world , or astral light, patterns itself according to the image we impress upon it. The thought that this gave me is that all of us here on ATS spending so much time and energy contemplating TPTB taking controll, instituting a slave/police state, talking about how and when they would do it, could be helping to manifest this reality.

Even if you don't believe in the power of thought, or anything besides tangible reality. I can still prove the inherent worthless of such speculation and conversation, using only natural arguments. The only possible benefit of such conversation is thinking of strategies to defend against any power play "they" could make. But, by discussing this strategy in an open forum, your telling your perceived enemy what you would do in that case, giving them time to plan around that.

In keeping with this insight I would like to propose solutions to this, as pointing out the problem is unhelpful. Perhaps anytime we would like to talk about a potential problem, we should point out potential solutions. For example I was thinking about how banking (usury) is inherently a scam, because over time more and more of the overall wealth is concentrated into the hands of the bankers. But this thought, or issue can be nullified when we realize the money has no inherent value, and if someone were to try to take advantage of their disproportionate wealth do to this scam (using the money in your hands to shift more money into your hands), we can just not recognize the buying power of said money.

Of course if the bankers who have accumulated mass wealth through these means were to buy up material assets, and resources, before they drained liquidity from the system, then they would have real wealth, with which they could feed, and equip armies to protect their assets. Which goes back to my second point that any strategy can be circumvented. Which is why, imho, it's best to just ignore your perceived adversary (while recognizing the worthlessness of money) and to live the life you would want to live whether they were standing in your way or not.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
You should read "The Astral Body" by A.E. Powelle.

He goes into exactly what you are describing, he talks about Humanity creating thought-forms that are so strong they can actually manifest into reality and cause epidemics and an overwhelming negativity in peoples daily lives.

I believe that a lot of the bad being done is the dark side of every Human and the only way to combay any of that is with love and truth.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Which came first, the conspiracy theorist or the conspirator?

Probably neither exist in reality, except that some people like to think they know about secret happenings in shadowy places and others like to think themselves more powerful than they actually are.

Id like to meet the man who is a conspirator who was once a conspiracy theorist. Anyone?

And I guess people can create their realities in a niche sort of way.
edit on 17-3-2011 by NearPerfect because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CordDragonzord

Thank you, I always appreciate recommendations for study.
Also I apologize for any incoherency in my post. I sort of just wrote it down as it came out of my head.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Does this come under Sheldrake's Morphic Resonance theory?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I liked the train of thought you were having but you kind of lost me half way through. I'd like to add with my thoughts.

This whole 'conspiracy' thing is not new. Although it seems to be new to mainstream. The constant babbling about the 'nwo', 'tptb' or 'illuminati', etc., is just a metaphor. The same people spitting out these terms are missing the greater picture.

If you had a head on your shoulders you would know that world operates in a sinister manner. It always has and I presume will be hard to correct. The only difference I have seen in the past 10 years is that people that normally would be blind to the idea of people pulling strings are starting to question it.

For the most part these are the same people that jump on most fads. The same people who didn't know what was going on before radioshow personalities became larger than life.

And in that develops potential hypocrisy. People want to idolize. Before, they idolized leaders because of the appearance of power. So when they understand where the true strength in our society is, will they idolize them as well? Initially it has been 'revolt' against 'tptb', but who is to say that the idea of people in that position wont become the next idols.

In reality, it is better to just accept the way it is, because it has been like this for eons. The rest is semantics. In essence, you are fighting a ghost if you think you are fighting, you are not in a winnable fight.

No system of government will abolish personality types. And we will never weed out the personality types that exert control over others. In fact, without them we would be lost.

edit on 17-3-2011 by boncho because: +edit

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by renegadeloser

But, by discussing this strategy in an open forum, your telling your perceived enemy what you would do in that case, giving them time to plan around that.

How do you know it isnt them planning it against themselves?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Its true that fear and anger (encapsuled in most conspiracy theories) empower those we are fearful and angry about. Not being worried about "them" disempowers them. Therefore it would be in their interest to disseminate and publish as many paranoid theories about themselves as possible, to keep the populace in the belief of their great power and our own hopelessness. You wont get any Flags or Stars for saying so because people dont generally want to own the part they play in the overall situation of the world. This is why they blame the state of things on TPTB. Those powers that be are nothing but a reflection of oneself. In every rebel there is also a tyrant, because we eventually become what we fight against.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by CordDragonzord
I believe that a lot of the bad being done is the dark side of every Human and the only way to combay any of that is with love and truth.

Well stated.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

If you had a head on your shoulders you would know that world operates in a sinister manner. It always has...

Only one star on that one boncho?

Yeah, that's the one I gave a couple days ago!

Well, I certainly think you put the whole thing quite well. Yes, conspiracies, plots, betrayals...they are everywhere and everywhen in history, going all the way back. It's what could be called the "norm", IMO.

But our recent history, especially in relatively more "comfortable" places, like the US, allowed the culture to drift into a narrow comfort zone that seemed to always look elsewhere for the more "sinister", as you put it.

During the 1950's in the US, there was no shortage of angst about the possible nuclear war that might materialize, but that Cold War ran in the background, while front-and-center America was enjoying a great post-war boom. Americans were OK seeing the Soviets as "bad", but it wasn't until Vietnam and Watergate that Americans started taking a closer look at their own backyard.

That might have been the beginning of this new era of conspiratologists, at least in the US. It was probably just the normal reaction initially, but grew into what we have today, especially in the aftermath of things like 9/11.

But I think your larger perspective can be very healthy, especially for that variety of conspiracy buff that always seems to think the world is ending, or that some person is the antichrist! Conspiracies are definitely not new, and the world hasn't ended yet, in spite of some pretty bad guys doing bad stuff in the past. Even more importantly, "badness" should never be consigned exclusively to the enemy du jour, that's asking for trouble. It's all just part of the human condition.

JR

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JR MacBeth

But I think your larger perspective can be very healthy, especially for that variety of conspiracy buff that always seems to think the world is ending, or that some person is the antichrist! Conspiracies are definitely not new, and the world hasn't ended yet, in spite of some pretty bad guys doing bad stuff in the past. Even more importantly, "badness" should never be consigned exclusively to the enemy du jour, that's asking for trouble. It's all just part of the human condition.

Very well said. I think you encapsulated my message in this quoted text.

Funny, there is a movie I watched that made me think of what the world would be like if everyone followed every rule and their were no secrets. Let's just say I'm happy how things are.

new topics

top topics

join