It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens and Gods

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
What if Aliens worship a god or gods? I see no reason an alien culture couldn't be driven by religion to become unified, and technological. No reason they couldn't have the science of nature and the faith of an unseen creator or driving force. What if thier level of scient or technology aloowed them to find something we would consider divine, even directly communicate with divine beings, creature with the power to mold reality with a simple thought.

Religion has driven mankind to many miraculous feats, why not other cultures as well? What if one day flying suarcers come down from the sky to convert us all to a universal faith? What if they see all humans as heathens?

What if they see layers of evolution and divinity, themselves being our gods, even though they have their own?

(For the record I do not believe in aliens due to lack of evidence. I am also an athiest for the same reason. This is all just for the sake of conversation.)

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
IMHO, communicating with divine beings is not accomplished through intellectual pursuits and technology but only through spiritual pursuits, i.e., serving others, living by The Golden Rule, prayer, meditation, Radiance, etc.

The worship of a god figure is antithetical to a technologically based society that emphases intellectual development. That is why you seldom hear about a genius being well-known for his selfless service.

God Realized Masters that can, as you say, �mold reality with a simple thought� are the nemesis of the spiritually indifferent, highly technological types. What would be the point of a divine being communicating with people who believe that mind, intellect and technology are what is "divine" anyway?

The upshot: the �god� of a high-tech society is the value placed on the cultivation of mind, intellect, and technology.

[edit on 21-7-2004 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I think that early humans felt that Aliens where Gods and incorporated them into religious rituals and myths.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
pantheria
I agree with your idea. Just think how you would be percieved with todays technology back in ancient times. T.V, a box that god shows himself to you with. Radio, a box that god talks to you with. Cell phones, listen and talk to god.... you get the point.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by pantheria
I think that early humans felt that Aliens where Gods and incorporated them into religious rituals and myths.

I to believe this, it would explain the drawings of giants and the different powers that a god of some kind had.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Religion has driven mankind to many miraculous feats

I'm not so sure...

Other than some of the architectural inventions, and fine artwork, religion has systematically waged a war against science and new ideas from inception. Some of the most advanced civilizations were destroyed and many things lost for centuries, due to zealot invasions.

new topics

top topics

join