It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comparisons with Revelation 18 and Coastline Disasters.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I know you will not like this angle from which I am quoting but if you look at the similarities it is quite striking because they seem to fit. I am starting to wonder what if Babylon like it mentions sitting on many waters be cities are near the coast were they bring in trade and those cities will be brought to ruin in the way they are described in the quote below. This may be a precursor of what to expect when Babylon falls in the future and some say it is America some say many cities but I say Iraq because it mentions the River Euphraties.

But what if the cities of Babylon are cities by the coast, like Katrina and Indonesia and how New York with the twin towers having a glimmer comparison with the Tower of Babel.

Scientists keep saying that global warming is causing sea levels to rise, what if in all one day there was a massive surge and harbour cities were crushed by Tsunamis or something, some say a meteriorite can do that, funnily enough the Bible does mention Wormwood a bolder being thrown into the sea.

Revelation 18

Warning to Escape Babylon’s Judgment

4 Then I heard another voice from heaven say:
“‘Come out of her, my people,’
so that you will not share in her sins,
so that you will not receive any of her plagues;
5 for her sins are piled up to heaven,
and God has remembered her crimes.
6 Give back to her as she has given;
pay her back double for what she has done.
Pour her a double portion from her own cup.
7 Give her as much torment and grief
as the glory and luxury she gave herself.
In her heart she boasts,
‘I sit enthroned as queen.
I am not a widow;[c]
I will never mourn.’
8 Therefore in one day her plagues will overtake her:
death, mourning and famine.
She will be consumed by fire,
for mighty is the Lord God who judges her.

Threefold Woe Over Babylon’s Fall
9 “When the kings of the earth who committed adultery with her and shared her luxury see the smoke of her burning, they will weep and mourn over her. 10 Terrified at her torment, they will stand far off and cry:
“‘Woe! Woe to you, great city,
you mighty city of Babylon!
In one hour your doom has come!’

11 “The merchants of the earth will weep and mourn over her because no one buys their cargoes anymore— 12 cargoes of gold, silver, precious stones and pearls; fine linen, purple, silk and scarlet cloth; every sort of citron wood, and articles of every kind made of ivory, costly wood, bronze, iron and marble; 13 cargoes of cinnamon and spice, of incense, myrrh and frankincense, of wine and olive oil, of fine flour and wheat; cattle and sheep; horses and carriages; and human beings sold as slaves.

14 “They will say, ‘The fruit you longed for is gone from you. All your luxury and splendor have vanished, never to be recovered.’ 15 The merchants who sold these things and gained their wealth from her will stand far off, terrified at her torment. They will weep and mourn 16 and cry out:

dressed in fine linen, purple and scarlet,
and glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls!
17 In one hour such great wealth has been brought to ruin!’

“Every sea captain, and all who travel by ship, the sailors, and all who earn their living from the sea, will stand far off. 18 When they see the smoke of her burning, they will exclaim, ‘Was there ever a city like this great city?’ 19 They will throw dust on their heads, and with weeping and mourning cry out:

where all who had ships on the sea
became rich through her wealth!
In one hour she has been brought to ruin!’

Text

Similarities

Many nationals been told to go back home, come out of her.

Consumed with fire and mourning and famine.

People of the world will be terrified like many are by watching the news footage and mourn.

Effect of the economy cargos and materials the effect of trade via ships which have been destroyed by the tsunami.

Plagues like one disaster after another, earthquake, tsunami, death, famine, radiation and smoke and now snow.

Smoke from her burning people stand far off, radiation smoke people are staying far off.

What do you think?
edit on 17-3-2011 by The time lord because: New Direction

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
It could be...

But hey, I could link Santa Claus to Bush Sr. if I really wanted to!!

It's just a book.
edit on 17-3-2011 by PureET because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by PureET
It could be...

But hey, I could link Santa Claus to Bush Sr. if I really wanted to!!

It's just a book.
edit on 17-3-2011 by PureET because: (no reason given)

i love when people say the bible is 'just a book'

well some people put more faith in science books than Christians do in the bible, and look how many times science has been wrong. kind of hypocritical.

OP- you could be right, I've also considered America as Babylon. But with revelation you never know, since God knows the future He can say one thing and be talking about many different things simultaneously.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Ok, so I was looking through my 6 year old sons book of Shel Silverstein poetry and @#$% me I found a correlation between Japan, Quebec, Mustard gas, WWII and sno cones. I may be looking way to into it, but it is eerie how it basically explains everything that has, is, and will happen.

I will post it below
Prepare to get your mind blown !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Messy Room by Shel Silverstein
Whosever room this is should be ashamed!
His underwear is hanging on the lamp.
His raincoat is there in the overstuffed chair,
And the chair is becoming quite mucky and damp.
His workbook is wedged in the window,
His sweater's been thrown on the floor.
His scarf and one ski are beneath the TV,
And his pants have been carelessly hung on the door.
His books are all jammed in the closet,
His vest has been left in the hall.
A lizard named Ed is asleep in his bed,
And his smelly old sock has been stuck to the wall.
Whosever room this is should be ashamed!
Donald or Robert or Willie or--
Huh? You say it's mine? Oh, dear,
I knew it looked familiar!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

The City of Babylon (and the Wh*re) don`t seem to represent Japan, IMO.

“‘Come out of her, my people,’
so that you will not share in her sins,
so that you will not receive any of her plagues;
for her sins are piled up to heaven,
and God has remembered her crimes.
Give back to her as she has given;
pay her back double for what she has done.
Pour her a double portion from her own cup.
Give her as much torment and grief
as the glory and luxury she gave herself.

Sounds more like a greedy economic, selfish, war-mongering nation. Not a peaceful nation like Japan. Or maybe god chose to `Smite`` the Japanese because, for the most part, their culture refused to integrate his story as the only true one.

Then again, the bible was written by TPTB very long ago, this could be all part of their endgame and taking out Japan is important because they threaten the ``One World Religion``. Now they can spread their disgusting religion by showing that the stories in revelations came true. (well fabricated stories, that is)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Personally I lean towards literalsim. I take the bible seriously and as literally as the text permits. Other people take the bible allegorically - applying their own interpretation. I'm aware of both sides of viewpoints about Revelation 18 but the one thing that bible schollars from opposite ends of the view spectrum have never said, is that Japan is Babylon. Why not argue that the moon is Babylon? Babylon is Babylon in my opinion, and not Japan or America or Papya New Guinea.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedish

i love when people say the bible is 'just a book'

well some people put more faith in science books than Christians do in the bible, and look how many times science has been wrong. kind of hypocritical.

OP- you could be right, I've also considered America as Babylon. But with revelation you never know, since God knows the future He can say one thing and be talking about many different things simultaneously.

If you are referring to the Bible as it being Holy; it's not true. We MADE it Holy.

As for science... well i try to make my own mind up about things, and don't let myself be guided by prejudice, bigotry and or charlatans..

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Use Google Earth, bro.

Babylon is in Iraq.

edit on 17-3-2011 by Chakotay because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I did say similarities I do know that it is a very long shot for Japan to be Babylon.

But Revelations also mentions Babylon are peoples laguages and nations, so it could be an empire or some economic conection of countries who are effected.

My prediction is Iraq = Babylon 50/50

America 40/60

Europe 40/60

A Future Middle East coilition 60/40

A future Euro Arab empire 80/20

and

Japan 10/90

15 Then the angel said to me, “The waters you saw, where the prostitute sits, are peoples, multitudes, nations and languages. 16 The beast and the ten horns you saw will hate the prostitute. They will bring her to ruin and leave her naked; they will eat her flesh and burn her with fire. 17 For God has put it into their hearts to accomplish his purpose by agreeing to hand over to the beast their royal authority, until God’s words are fulfilled. 18 The woman you saw is the great city that rules over the kings of the earth.”
Text

Not to metion the Bible predicts most of the Middle Eastern countries like, Persia-Iran, Babylon-Iraq, Philistine and Gaza, Egypt, Libya, Syria, Asia Minor-Turkey being part of the endtime enemies of endtime Israel so the predictions are well on course.
No Chritian or Jews told the Arabs to hate the Jews or Israel for the endtimes, but if the signs are showing then the picture can be seen to develop as written in the Bible.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Also I like to add is maybe the coastline of Libya where many of their cities are based could be pat of Babylon that sits on many waters or cities that will have fallen in the same way as the description states.

This is just theory for now so just keep it mind for future reference.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Babylon (the great) represents world wide false religion.
second line

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Toldyouso

They have had another aftershock which is quite big, if you had a 6.1 you too would feel it and feel scared so it is not like because it is 6.1 which is miles away from a 9 it does not mean anything.

Imagine if mount Fuji was woken up? Now that is what I call plagues in which I call is biblical proportions.

Japan’s mainland rocked by magnitude 6.1 aftershock

www.thejournal.ie...

Text

www.foxnews.com...

JAPAN’S MAINLAND has been hit by a significant aftershock – the largest to have struck inland since last Friday’s main magnitude-9.0 earthquake.

The seismic event – registering a magnitude of 6.1, according to the US Geological Survey – was also unusually shallow, striking just a kilometre under the surface.

Its epicentre was about 72 miles south-west of Tokyo – and only a few kilometres away from Mount Fuji, which remains semi-active, although it has not had a full eruption since 1708.

The quake struck at 1:31pm Irish time and was felt by many in Tokyo itself, which has escaped largely unharmed since Friday’s quake and the resulting tsunami.

It also struck in a region of the country which had largely escaped any direct seismic activity thus far; the area to the south-west of Tokyo had not witnessed any quakes thus far, with only four quakes striking in the waters off the country’s west.

Local television reported that the quake had caused fires in Tokyo’s Fujinomiya and Shizuoka prefectures, and there were injuries reported in the latter district as well as scattered power outages.

The quake also caused significant outages to public transport, with bullet trains and metro systems in the city slowing to a halt.

The 6.1-magnitude quake was mirrored by a quake of magnitude 5.8 to the north-east of Tokyo – which, too, struck a mere kilometre below the surface of the earth.

Another quake – just minutes later – struck slightly to the west of that one, though its own depth of 21.3km helped to dampen its effects, with a magnitude of 5.2.

The rolling count for the total number of earthquakes in Japan and its offshore territories in the last seven days now stands at 484 as of 2:15pm Irish time.

On Saturday evening, Japan was rattled by 6.1-magnitude aftershock, with an epicenter just south of the troubled nuclear plants. The temblor, centered 150 kilometers northeast of Tokyo, caused buildings in the capital to shake.

Text

edit on 19-3-2011 by The time lord because: quotes

edit on 19-3-2011 by The time lord because: cut

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toldyouso
Babylon (the great) represents world wide false religion.
second line

I know that also, just saying Babylon must fall aswell at some point too which is from a central city that dictates all false religion or mystery religions across the globe.

Some say its Rome some are starting to say Mecca as to it sits on 7 hills and we have this endtime central city or country which has the river Eurphrates at Babylon with it drying up to make way for the war of Armageddon from the kings of the East.
edit on 19-3-2011 by The time lord because: added more reasons

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Also I like to add that some type of Tsunami could engulf the Gaza coastline all the way up to Jordan Tyre.
This could happen because the Mediterranean Sea is prone to sea quakes as happened in the past in 1908, with an active Mt.Etna or Santorini and Mt.Ararat which is even closer you have a possible realise of energy or tremor which could always travel east towards the Israeli coast.

Luke 21
The Destruction of the Temple and Signs of the End Times

25 “There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. 26 People will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken.

Jeremiah 47
A Message About the Philistines

“See how the waters are rising in the north;
they will become an overflowing torrent.
They will overflow the land and everything in it,
the towns and those who live in them.
The people will cry out;
all who dwell in the land will wail
3 at the sound of the hooves of galloping steeds,
at the noise of enemy chariots
and the rumble of their wheels.
Parents will not turn to help their children;
their hands will hang limp.
4 For the day has come
to destroy all the Philistines
and to remove all survivors
who could help Tyre and Sidon.
The LORD is about to destroy the Philistines,
the remnant from the coasts of Caphtor.
5 Gaza will shave her head in mourning;
Ashkelon will be silenced.

Seems like it is spot on about Syria in the comming end days, it will always be at war within it self and will end that way too it seems, if not now but yet again.

Jeremiah 49
A Message About Damascus

23 Concerning Damascus:
“Hamath and Arpad are dismayed,
for they have heard bad news.
They are disheartened,
troubled like[d] the restless sea.
24 Damascus has become feeble,
she has turned to flee
and panic has gripped her;
anguish and pain have seized her,
pain like that of a woman in labor.
25 Why has the city of renown not been abandoned,
the town in which I delight?
26 Surely, her young men will fall in the streets;
all her soldiers will be silenced in that day,”
declares the LORD Almighty.
27 “I will set fire to the walls of Damascus;

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
the end times Babylon seems to me to be none other than the NY Federal Reserve itself...

the NY Fed controls most global Central Banks, IMF & the World Banking system along with such luminaries as the US Treasury, Goldman Sacs.... et al

reflect if you will that in Daniel... it is stated that the end-time Babylon has Its' seat of Assembly' in the uttermost parts of the North...
back in the times of Daniel... they did not use the term the far west/ across the ocean... they only knew that the far reaches of the North would be the seat of power of the Babylon/Beast/Despicable man...

North America might be considered to be the uttermost parts of the North, as NYC is home to both the UN and the NY Federal Reserve Branch====> seat of power & authority i.e.: NYC/Wash. DC
edit on 10-4-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Maybe Babylon is on many waters, around coastlines areas with nuclear plants situated there, but I still hold onto the fact Babylon with the River Euphrates is the same one as in Iraq with Turkey having Dams which could dry up the rivers for the Kings of the East going into the battle of Armageddon once the Gog and Magog war comes place.

China is now saying they will back Iran in case of any strike by Israel while North Korea are funnily enough testing their own weapons out and 2012 is not exactly a nice Oman for all this to start happening.
Maybe it will be God's way of punishing mankind because we are stopping Israel defending itself, the nuclear yoke will be on our faces, tsunami's and earthquakes will bust the submarines along the coast and oil platforms causing water to become filled with oil and toxic fumes on a global scale.

World wide Tsunami’s will cause a lot of nuclear plants to be destroyed making the sea water toxic bringing famine and loss of water across the world and halting trade, people will get boils from the fall out from that alone.
Nations will fight each other for resources and water, the UK is on a drought alert before it has even started.

edit on 10-4-2012 by The time lord because: (no reason given)

I think Daniel and Ezekiel are on about Moscow, Moscow is now becoming very Muslim with Mosques going to be built there, the invading forces could be from Chechnya also, might not involve the whole of Russia but a breakaway sect might intervene. I don't think America will be involved because the Christian countries I feel are Spiritual Israel, so it in some ways Israel today is all nations and believers of that faith spiritually so the end time war could be on us, it happened in WW2 and WW3 could be the same.

The tallest building in Europe and London is part Arab based called the Shard, it has religious based rules over it that people cannot gamble there and do other non Muslim type activities while under Sharia based tax law policies by those who have shares in that building. The tallest buildings in the world are no longer American, they are all in Arabian countries, the motto being the Greatest and the Highest has already switched spirit to Babylon, back to where it first started.

edit on 10-4-2012 by The time lord because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
As for earthquakes and Tsunami's we have had another large warning today, too many close calls in the last 7 years, that is why this is so interesting and it all makes sense, political and geographical end time signs.

Luke 21
The Destruction of the Temple and Signs of the End Times

25 “There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. 26 People will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken.

Indonesia Aceh quakes triggers Indian Ocean tsunami alert:

An Indian Ocean tsunami alert is in place after two huge quakes off the coast of Indonesia's Aceh province.

A quake with a magnitude of 8.6 triggered the initial warning, which was renewed after another quake a few hours later measuring 8.3.

The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center (PTWC) has advised national authorities across the Indian Ocean region to "take appropriate action".

But there have been no immediate reports of damage or casualties.

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 11-4-2012 by The time lord because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Reflection of thoughts:

Only because people will be able to get some idea of the future, or feel like they can sense the outcome to a point that it becomes very predictable does not make them some type of witch or evil eyed person.

People would rather believe that than believe in the Bible and use it against such people loyal to it, it happened to Jesus they accused him from using devil like powers because he had power over the demon possessed people. It goes from one extreme to another, make a spiritual judgement or outcome of a situation then they become accused of causing it. I feel a future will be like this they will accuse Christians in showing them evidence of prophecy as to being the perpetrators, which is a very backward witch-hunt state of society that is becoming godless anyway, by which measure do they judge and find their wisdom, from the very myths they know should not exist.

If people across the world are becoming more and more correct they should not be seen as somewhat evil, they are here to help, but I guess prophecy will fulfill because they do not have to power to stop it, they don't have the power to convince non Christian nations to stop what they are doing.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
As we saw last night European time that is, the North Korean Missile test went wrong, it crashed into the sea apparently how many tests and one day real weapons will fail countries like Korea and Iran, if China starts to side with Iran just by speaking of it, their neighbours who are the next step in line of being renowned as one of the worst persecutors of the Christian faith could well have their arrows falling into the wrong side one day and it won't be just coincidence, that side would be China and then they won't happy if it does happen.

www.bbc.co.uk...

North Korea's keenly watched rocket launch has failed, Pyongyang has confirmed.

The rocket - seen by many as a banned test of long-range missile technology - was launched from north-west North Korea early on Friday.

The US, Japan and South Korea say it flew only for a short time before breaking up and crashing into waters off the Korean peninsula.

North Korea said its scientists were assessing what had caused the failure.

In a statement, the White House condemned the launch, despite its failure. UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon called the launch deplorable.

Rocket debris

The 30m (100ft) Unha-3 rocket went up at 07:39 local time (22:39 GMT Thursday), South Korean officials said. “
What has happened could not be more disastrous for North Korea ”

Korea analyst, Leeds UniversityIts intended flight path would have taken it south, to the west of the Korean peninsula between Japan and the Philippines.

Both Japan and South Korea had threatened to shoot it down if it threatened their territory.

But officials from several nations observing the launch said the rocket had failed.
Text

Since North Korea Boarders China it is funny how now China who is supporting Iran against an Israeli threat has its own threat now deal with, had the rocket landed in China they would not be a happy year of the Dragon for sure.

North Korea–Pakistan relations

en.wikipedia.org...

Pakistan has been accused by US officials of having secretly supplying North Korea with nuclear technology for military purposes.
The CIA claimed to have tracked several air shipments between the two countries via satellite. It is believed that Dr. A.Q. Khan, a senior atomic research scientist, had travelled to North Korea several times and provided crucial technological aid to the North Korean government to create HEU. However, due to technical difficulties, North Korea abandoned its uranium-based programme and focused to develop the relatively easy plutonium programme.
Text

I am not even that good or smart when it comes to sorting out information it just makes sense on its own, within a few minutes you can piece this stuff together like this, if you have Biblical knowledge you can see where it’s all heading without having to be an expert journalist type person or researcher, prophecy does half the work for you once you understand the basics. You don't have to be good at geography and politics and know all this economic technical information, I see it as more spiritual based Karma of sorts, it tells its own hidden story, not like a curse but how those rejecting the word of God will destroy each other one day and those trying to destroy Jerusalem as an honourable fantasy.

new topics

top topics

join