It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake in Japan shortens the day...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I knew that the quake moved the island but wasn't aware that it also shortened our day?? As a matter of fact I didn't know that quakes could lengthen/shorten a day at all. My question is will the earth eventually slow back down? They likened it to a figure skater who brings her arms in to spin faster but she will eventually slow down. Will the earth revert back rotation wise to what it was before the quake??
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Demetre

Maybe other quakes lengthen the day, so its give and take.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
It's nothing to note, really. Every time the tides do their thing, the earth changes it's tilt and speed. The tides are very powerful.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
No, I'm not saying...'oh my God, it shortened the day'. I'm saying here's a neat bit of info that I wasn't aware of and I'm sure I'm not the only one who wasn't.
I didn't know the tides lengthened or shortened the days either. I'd love some more info, my boy is extremely interested and can't seem to find anything on it.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Demetre
No, I'm not saying...'oh my God, it shortened the day'. I'm saying here's a neat bit of info that I wasn't aware of and I'm sure I'm not the only one who wasn't.
I didn't know the tides lengthened or shortened the days either. I'd love some more info, my boy is extremely interested and can't seem to find anything on it.

S & F.

I knew about earthquakes and tides affecting rotation and tilt by micro-measurements, but I am sure a lot of others didn't know.

ATS is all about shining a light into the darkness.

Thanks for the topic, good job

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
We need one or two to lengthen the day...

I already have difficulty getting everything done I need to do in a day without it getting SHORTER!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Ok guys this is really serious!! I think that the earths inside core has been displaced due to the EQ in Japan and the crust as going to begin to re align itself with the core and it will weaken our magnetic feild to a point of zero which will be followed by a major polar shift and extreme tectonic plate movements.
I think the only way to solve this problem would be to set off a nuclear explosion with the same impact of Japans EQ on the opposite side of the earth in a crack at the sea floor from a russain submarine. This will re align the core and earths crust and the days wiill come back to normal and Mark Coleman from "Polar Storms" and I will have saved the earth again.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I think nuking to stop an earthquake is a grand idea...

...wait, no I don't!

top topics

join