It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Times Posts Downplayed Radioactive Plume Map

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

The New York Times has posted a slideshow based on a forecast issued by the Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty Organization showing how weather patterns this week might disperse radiation from a continuous source in Fukushima, Japan. Small dots on the map show the position of monitoring stations.

The radiation plume illustrated on the map is from the original release over last weekend. A far larger and more deadly plume of radiation from the explosions and fires earlier this week will soon follow.

“The forecast does not show actual levels of radiation,” the Times admits. “Health and nuclear experts emphasize that any plume will be diluted as it travels and, at worst, would have extremely minor health consequences in the United States” (emphasis in the original).

As Infowars.com and Prison Planet.com have documented, the U.S. government, the Pentagon, and the Japanese government are all covering-up the actual amount of radiation escaping from the earthquake damaged nuclear plant.

It looks like the Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty Organization is deliberately releasing misleading information. The CTBTO is an “international organization” associated with the United Nations.

“The projection, by the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty Organization, an arm of the United Nations in Vienna, gives no information about actual radiation levels but only shows how a radioactive plume would probably move and disperse,” the Times reported yesterday.

To the posters of ATS, though I started another thread about the possibility of a japanese cover up in regards to the extent of actual damages, I would like the posters to contribute their view. Is their a deadly volume of radiation enroute to the western US, or not? Many stories have been concluding that there is some type of cover up, ( to what magnitude is still not clear ) to prevent wide spread panic? Is the NYT just spewing lies like they usually do, or is there something more sinister? Your thoughts?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

I would believe it if I were told Japan is downplaying the severity and I would understand their motives. I don't, however, see what the US government would get out of lying to us in the States. It this day and age, cover-ups cannot go unexposed for very long and if there is nothing to gain, why risk voters?

I plan to wait until the US government admits to their being a threat, then driving my family east with our iodine in-tow before they dawdle about whether or not we should evacuate. This Spring Break couldn't have come at a better time.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Their motives matter little. The fact is all the US government know is cover up cover up cover up. It's been that way since it was created.
For whatever reason they don't give two $hits about anyone.

As for losing voters.... Pffft. They don't need the voters cause most sheeple will still vote anyway, and when you can control how the votes go with fraudulent elections, what's to worry about?

So in their minds, just cover it up and manipulate facts and votes later.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowLink

Couldn't agree more. Just more, " carry on".

new topics

top topics

join