It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrail Debunkers Misinformation Conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Hello ATS,

I have seen many topics concerning chemtrails and contrails but never the chemtrail debunkers themselves. I would like to propose that chemtrail debunkers are nothing more than government shills, shilling themselves to the point of ridicule. In the light of obvious evidence such as, patents (not only for the chemicals but the apparatus that sprays them), irrefutable video footage, side-by-side comparisons, and government admittance to geo-engineering, these people are either involved with the big business of making these thing or they are trying to provide misinformation as a means to cover-up.

Popular Debunkers:
# Committee for Skeptical Inquiry
# The Skeptics Society
# The National Institute of Standards and Technology
# Popular Mechanics
# Snopes
# SourceWatch
# www.nmsr.org...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ImmortalIntegrity

Skeptical about the skeptics?

Leave them to their egos. They're getting pretty poor at it anyway.

Or are they?.....

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

The good thing about our way of life is that not everyone sees things the same way. Everyone is entitled to their opinion as much as the next person.

The thing that bothers me the most though is the occasional vile attack by the de-bunkers. Just because you do not agree with someone's opinion there is no need to become personal, calling someone delusional, nuts, mis-informed, ill judged etc.

It doesn't really matter about the topic, chemtrails, UFO's, 9/11, reptillians or whatever. People are entitled to their beliefs and opinions. If you do not share somebody else's opinion , then that's cool, no problem. Just keep it civil, explain in a rational way or just ignore the thread, like I have done on numerous occasions.

As this thread is about chemtrails, I come down on the side of the believers. I have followed this for the last eighteen months and they are occuring nearly every day over the city I live in. I understand flight paths, altitudes of aircraft and I also know what a contrail is having seen thousands of these over my life. I have started taking photographs and I will start videoing in order to share and let the debate continue.

S&F

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I must gather my thoughts. I need more St. Patrick's day sauce. Chibareeeeeee'
edit on 17-3-2011 by ImmortalIntegrity because: reserved in other words

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I'm just glad I am not a stock holder in the airlines that do these tic-tac-toe patterns in the sky and fly from 1 horizon then back to the other over and over again....I bet these are some sick passengers....lol.. "X"-marks the spot, your turn "0"

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Happy Paddy's day yourself. *Hic*

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I'm a skeptic on this issue. It would be so easy to get a sample of chemicals being sprayed over your head, but not one paranoid person has even tried to analyze a sample. Nobody is paying me, I am just logical.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImmortalIntegrity
Hello ATS,
I would like to propose that chemtrail debunkers are nothing more than government shills, shilling themselves to the point of ridicule.

OK - you can propose that.

What is your evidence for it?

In the light of obvious evidence such as, patents (not only for the chemicals but the apparatus that sprays them)

You do know that patents only show that someone has an idea, right? they do not show that anythign has been made or is being used - there are websites out there that will show you a lot of silly patents, there are patents for using nuclear weapons to dig out harbours and canels, etc. and all sorts of much lesser silly patents.

irrefutable video footage, [/side-by-side comparisons,

i've missed all those - I've only ever seen videos that say somethign is happening but provide no information to substantiate it.

If you have a real irrefutable video could you please post it?

and government admittance to geo-engineering,

I've never seen this admittance - can yuo please provide a link to it?

these people are either involved with the big business of making these thing or they are trying to provide misinformation as a means to cover-up.

I've never seen the stuff you say exists so I think you should at least include eeh possibility that we are simply not as well informed as you.

Popular Debunkers:
# The Skeptics Society
# Popular Mechanics
# Snopes
# SourceWatch
# www.nmsr.org...

you forgote Chemtrail Science

Presumably with the wealth of information you are aware of that they are not, yuo can show what mistakes there are - contrail science, at least, has an open invitation to correct anything on the site that is wrong - so I presume you will take him up on that forthwith!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
''

All drivel passes through three stages. First it is accepted as self evident without question. Second it is doubted and examined by the less credulous. Third it is disproved and rightly ridiculed." - Me
''

Try again. Actually, don't because the fence is becoming too thin to sit on.

The heart is becoming stronger than the head.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
# Popular Mechanics

These two organisations have 0 reputation in my books after 9/11 and cannot be trusted. Just see how many ads are in Popular Mechanics for the military to see what they value.

# The Skeptics Society

These do not have a really strong scientific reputation and try to debunk heaps of stuff. Not sure about the others.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
OK folks, lets stay on topic please. We are discussing chemtrail debunkers here, not the chemtrails. If you are a chemtrail debunker we are questioning your credibility, not the chemtrail's credibility. Again stick to the subject please and thanks again. If you would like to discuss chemtrails, choose your thread accordingly.
edit on 18-3-2011 by ImmortalIntegrity because: corrections

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

S&F OP...I totally agree.
...I tried to make a thread about this topic in the Grey Area. I wanted to compare the chemtrail debunkers to the debunkers of other topics. ATS erased it on me. Be careful not to get post banned. It happened to me and it just happened to someone else who talked about government shills on ATS.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

Let's be clear, I am NOT attacking anybody here. What I would like to find out is why there seems to be so many that are passionate about defending contrails, where do these people come from, and how much do they know. To a lot of chemtrail debunkers, chemtrails are not possibly possible, and that strikes me as odd. The possibility of "plants" is not as far out as one might think. I didn't sign up for ATS for a lot of years because I knew that government agencies watched this site, and they still do. They feed misinformation and gather facts about ATS members. Chemtrails seem to bring these people out of hiding and I would like to investigate that. Thanks for your support.
edit on 18-3-2011 by ImmortalIntegrity because: grammar

By the way, I took some really good pictures of the sky last night over Plum Brook Station. If nothing more, they are beautiful pictures of the sky. I will upload them later today.
edit on 18-3-2011 by ImmortalIntegrity because: pics

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Care to provide cases where misinformation has been presented?

Surely you've documented these instances since you've labelled several websites of being guilty of it, right?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Misinformation is a matter of opinion unless you have the real information, which is arguable on almost every topic that is not blatantly obvious.

I'm not trying to point any individuals out (your favorite websites excluded), but I will make a list of what I FEEL TO BE misinformation about chemtrails and post that.
edit on 18-3-2011 by ImmortalIntegrity because: second thoughts

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I have seen many topics concerning chemtrails and contrails but never the chemtrail debunkers themselves. I would like to propose that chemtrail debunkers are nothing more than government shills, shilling themselves to the point of ridicule.

Do you consider this an original thought? Is this your best theory? Is it completely inconceivable to you that some people actually understand aviation, meteorology and chemistry without being a "shill" for some vaguely articulated conspiracy?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Surely not original, many people feel as I do.

It is completely conceivable that some people actually understand aviation, meteorology and chemistry without being a "shill" for some vaguely articulated conspiracy, but I have never heard any of these people debunk the chemtrail conspiracy.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

It is completely conceivable that some people actually understand aviation, meteorology and chemistry without being a "shill" for some vaguely articulated conspiracy, but I have never heard any of these people debunk the chemtrail conspiracy.

That's because there is nothing to debunk. There is no conspiracy, it's all fantasy. The "chemtrail" theorists can't even agree on anything but that they are afraid of white lines in the sky.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I have no doubt whatsoever that chemtrails are real.

IMO there are two kinds of debunkers: those who genuinely don't believe it, those agents paid to debunk it.

Agents are pretty easy to spot. They appear on threads almost immediately, and keep on going and going and going - no matter what the argument, no matter now much info is provided, no matter now much they may get flamed....total resilience is one characteristic of the agent... That's what they're trained and paid to do. Arguing with them plays right into their hands..and helps them derail a thread.

In any case, it doesn't really matter. The important point is to get the info out there so people can decide for themselves.
edit on 18-3-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Hello.
I don`t know if you would call me a "chemtrail debunker" or not. I am 62 years ols, live in spain having retired from the UK after 11 years in the Royal Navy and 12 years in Television and a few years in Market Research. I have a wife, 2 cats, no kids. Wife used to be a teacher.

Now - I have never seen any evidence that chemtrails exist. I have, of course, seen many contrails. At the moment of speaking the UN is attempting to enforce a no-fly zone over Libya. This is an absolutely ENORMOUS undertaking both of machines and manpower. Already there is talk of B52s being seen flying over the UK heading (presumably) Libyawards. See how quickly those aircraft are noticed? yes those who believe in chemtrails woulf have me believe that a huge fleet of chemtrail-equipped aircraft exists in the World with all the chemical-manufacturing and transporting that such a thing would entail. And it is being done unnoticed. Sorry but it is not possible.

I think - and you are free to disagree with me - that there are people in the World who don`t have enough to worry about and so they look for something to worry about. Go ask the Libyans - or the Japanese about "chemtrails" and see what response you get.

And I object to being called a "Government shill" by someone who has never met me and knows very little (as far as I can see) of the real world. Get off your high horse just because some people have the temerity to disagree with you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join