It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Eiffel Tower Evacuated After False Bomb Threat

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
It is called freedom of speech, whether it agrees with you or not they have a right to their opinions.

This is not a public forum, but a privately owned one. Staff determines what is allowed to be said here.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
rai76,

I agree with you I am an American and proud of it, but I was never in favor of this war of invasion and I know that many of my fellow American are with me, I admire those country that did not feel intimidated by this moron president we have and stood against the invasion, now we the American people have to live and come out with excuses because the way our administration has portrayed US as a nation all over the world.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boon_Dog
Here here Muppet...

It (Eifell tower) is almost as well known as the twins themselves...were...

Nope... The Eiffel Tower is much more well known across the world than the twin towers ever where. In geography books, travel books and magazines, newspapers and tv programs that I've seen have mentioned the Eiffel towers much more than the WTC towers.

Maybe in the U.S. they're more well known, but outside of the U.S. the Eiffel tower is more well known.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Built for the Universal Exhibition in celebration of the French Revolution centenary, the Eiffle Tower hoisting the flag to the top was inaugurated on March 31st 1889.
In spite of big protests and harsh critics of Parisians and French intellectuals during its construction, the metal structure has become today the symbol of Paris, attracting over 6 million visitors each year.

The Eiffle Tower is indeed a master piece.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
ok, im a lil dissappointed now, im not learning anything today and the french bashing is kind of odd. I mean please say some smart or just click on another post geez.

My opinion nothing is going to happen there why? because those are all fear tactic! other words bullsh**t

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The bomb threat was a hoax.

I've updated the article with relevant new information.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I have to ask all 12 it seems, moderators, you limit speech that is deragatory to races and nations and rightfully so.

But no limit to the derogatory speech regarding

1. Military personel
2. Americans
3. Conservatives
4. The president of the U.S.

The names have been flying ( stupid. thug, brownshirt, racist, sheep like...)

Do I smell an agenda?

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DEEVAH
My opinion nothing is going to happen there why? because those are all fear tactic! other words bullsh**t

It's already happened.
www.news.com.au...

And on page 1 of this thread.
Sanc'.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I was in Paris in 1986... and went to the Eiffel Tower the day after I arrived. Afterwards, I picked up an English language newspaper at a kiosk and lo and behold.. there was a story in there about how a bomb was detonated the night before that was found at the Eiffel Tower! (It was the beginning of a week of nasty terrorism in Paris).

Last month, I had a 'vision' of standing underneath the Eiffel Tower looking up and I 'heard' that there would be an attempt to damage the Tower in some way... uh oh..

This story freaked me out to see it reports...

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
The bomb threat was a hoax.

I've updated the article with relevant new information.

This thread, i can't see a link. *sorry, working fast*

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager
Poetic, sad but poetic.

I never wish bad on anyone but if the worlds most spineless nation can't get it through their collective cheese eating head that appeasment is a failure then oh well...

What has this to do with a false bomb threat? Are you saying, the reason terrorists want to blow-up the Eiffel Tower, is because of.... I really don't understand.

EDIT: Is it poetic, because they were against the war in Iraq, and then terrorists
attack them? Wouldn't that be peotic only if the war in Iraq stopped terrorism?
I just don't get it.

[edit on 21-7-2004 by curme]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Ok so the French did the intelligent thing, and I was out of line for bashing the french. But still this little incident pretty much kills any respect prankcallers ever had for the french. Oh well better safe then sorry.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
So explain to me, does this mean you guys do not anyone who is German or French?

No.. not at all. National rivalries mean nothing in terms of personal contact. We get on fine with french people (and germans). Politically we usually disagree (e.g. EU issues), but that's just politics.

The rivalry is also put aside if ever there is a real threat. We have always been the first to jump to the aid of France when it is genuinely threatened. See two World Wars and the War on Terror.

I guess what I was trying to say is that you have to take this into account when interpreting the comments by Europeans about other Europeans. Like a family we like to hurl insults at each other.. (think Jack/Kelly Osbourne!). It actually surprises us that many in the US take this seriously.. I guess it's one of those things that makes us Europeans hard to figure out!

I realize I may have left the point a little under explained. Sorry!!

EDIT : now I've read the rest of the thread I seen Boon Dog and others have already made this point. oops.
[edit on 21-7-2004 by muppet]

[edit on 21-7-2004 by muppet]

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 04:38 AM
link   
And just to further elaborate...on the fact..

In a town called Blackpool (England) the government made a replica of the the Eifell tower, smaller in size but as a tribute to the work of art the tower is.

It is called the Blackpool tower and has a world famous Ballroom dancing Hall ( i Danced their in comp's) and a circus. Blackpool is a very big tourist location here in the uk, it had its hey day in the 40's and 50's, and the Govenment here are trying to promote the location now as the Uk equivelant of Las Vegas....

Check it out on the web...

Good to hear nothing was really wrong in Paris.

Regards

Boondog

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join