It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Good "F" Words - Food, Fuel, Funds, Fluids, First Aid, Firearms & last but First: Faith!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Fellow ATS Community this is a brief thread in discussing what we are learning in this disaster and WHAT can you and I do to prepare for whatever may and most likely will come in our lifetimes here.

I have a friend who literally went into drowning debt by preparing for catastrophies and ended up losing his home, health and happiness because of being imballanced in his preparation costs. I am hoping for good constructive ideas that we can all share on the items listed in this topic namely: FOOD - FUEL - FUNDS - FIRST AID - FIRE ARMS (SELF-DEFENCE) - AND THE MOST IMPORTANT I BELIEVE "F A I T H".

Buying radiation/bomb shelters that are 75 to 750 thousand dollars is impractical, but what else should one plan or do?

If you store food, what should you store, how should you store it, where and etc.

Fuel, how much, where, what..

Fluids, what kind, how etc

First Aid, again where to buy antibiotics/pain meds/minor medical supplies that seem to only be prescribed when you are sick and need it.

Self Defence: What is legal and cheap with the biggest bang for the buck?

Faith? Mentally staying strong is the #1 thing that survivalists state you must have in order to survive yet we talk very little about it.

All these things and more I would love to hear from you on with regards SPECIFICALLY to the "F" you have the MOST education on/in.
edit on 17-3-2011 by getreadyalready because: Removed All Caps in the title

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
How about "Friends". The more people you have in your group that think like you do the better. If everyone can add something to the group then it will be less you have to prepare by yourself.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
in stead of all so much get a bob and just run its what i will do
but you are right it is a lot to spend but it could save your life
all im saying is pack a bob and run for the hills exept im behind the hills well kind of on them

join