It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

March 17th - OBAMA: No harmful radiation to reach the U.S

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
President Obama sought to reassure Americans on Thursday saying that "I want to be very clear we do not expect harmful levels of radiation to reach the united states."

CNN Breaking News: cnn.com...
www.nationaljournal.com...

*phew* Thankfully that's cleared up.

SMR

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I sure hope he is right...but when was the last time Obama was right about anything? Especially considering who in his administration he gets information from...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Has everyone forgotten that the US dropped 2 atomic bombs on Japan in the 40's?

Was the North American West Coast adversely affected or in some sort of nuclear fallout? No, it wasn't.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Thanks OP for the info. Im so glad that King Obama is on top of things. Now we can rest easier because we know that he nor the government would ever keep the people in the dark. (end sarcasm)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Ofcourse, give it a week or so and the President will swallow his own words.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Link to your evidence showing no long-term harmful effects from radiation please.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

I thought he was out playing golf......

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX

Was the North American West Coast adversely affected or in some sort of nuclear fallout? No, it wasn't.

We are talking about tons of radioactive rods versus a couple of small bombs. Quite likely, there's a difference, possibly a huge difference in BTU's, or however energy is measured with nuclear material, between two tiny bombs and a few reactors which the media won't discuss in terms we can use. However, when they had TB scanners ready to roll out on us, they made news headlines because a TB 'victim' was caught on an international flight. I think they were trying to do an aids™ roundup because the story went on for weeks. Using opportunistic diseases/ailments is a prime aids™ entrance tool. I know the way the media creatures work, and I don't like what I'm picking up.

BTW, hundreds of bombs have been tested in the states, and worldwide. These are much larger in output than the firecrackers dropped on Japan.
edit on 17-3-2011 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
He's going to be in Rio.

What he meant to say was, "No harmful radiation to reach us"
NOT, "No harmful radiation to reach the U.S"

There, O'Bama, I corrected it for you.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Then why not cancel your trip to Rio?
obamanation...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Seems Alex Jones just called Speaker Boners Office and Left a Nasty Message for him about the U.S. Military's Discontinuation of Radiation Monitoring of the Japanese Nuclear Reactors Meltdown, then he called the White House to Find out if Obama was going to Cancel his South American Trip and stay in the U.S. because of the severity of the Situation in Japan and got the Buck Passed to 3 White House Operators before they Hung Up on him . All I can say to that is ...Puck the U.S. Goverment , they care Nothing for the American People right now ! ........

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bearzooka
reply to post by SyphonX

Link to your evidence showing no long-term harmful effects from radiation please.

nah why don't you show your evidence that the west coast was affected
didnt think so.

link   
reply to post by Bearzooka

Translation From Big Brother Think Speak .........Radiation Will Kill You All Comrades , Prepare ! .........

link   

Yes, yes... both atomic bombs had small amounts of uranium - 141 lbs. We are talking hundreds of tons (700 tons to be exact) of uranium in both spent and active fuel cells. Think Hiroshima and Nagasaki X 1,000,000 (most likely more) in the amount of radioactivity that could be distributed world wide if this stuff is ejected into the atmosphere if the rods catch on fire. You can not compare 2 small amounts of uranium to hundreds of tons... the logic fails completely.

Physicist Michio Kaku tells msnbc's Richard Liu that cooling attempts like using helicopter drops to cool down the 700 tons of spent fuel at Japan's Fukushima reactor site won't be enough, that they would be better served with a 'Chernobyl' approach.

So, yeah - expect some radiation in the states if this gets out of control.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

People need to stop using this as an example - very different scenario!

The two cities destroyed by those bombs were rebuild right after the war, and people have lived happily there since. Now what about Chernobyl? Is anybody living there? Didn't think so.....

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Gixxer

I'm not trying to make a claim either way. His claim was that there was no effect....I was simply asking for verification of his statement. Does we need sarcastic comments just because someone acts for facts, not some random statement made by someone who is probably not an expert in the subject.

I guess I'll submit the fact that ever since nuclear weapons testing (thousands of tests) and WWII, cancer rates have risen drastically across the world. Maybe they are related by maybe not. We can't say either way until evidence AGAINST it is provided, which is all I was asking for.

new topics

top topics

join