It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ideas for Video Games

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Ok I thought I'd gather a few ideas for video games. Ever play a game and wish that you could add your own cool stuff. Well post your ideas here for the fun of it.

My first idea would be how about a supersoldier type guy in the future. Only add a Splinnter Cell style of stealth. But let players do run and gun style.
Ok so naturally make it a first person shooter but add an Enter the Matrix style karate mode , throw in some melee weapons
add some kick @$$ sniping. And viola! thats the basic concept of my game. :bash:

[Edited on 7/22/2004 by cyberdude78]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I have an idea for a black hawk down type of game where you have the same type of gun they use but its a light gun like the arcade but your in a 360o room your on a tread mill. As you run the screen moves as you put pressure on either left or right it moves along left or right also solo missions or AI team with you and you could command them via headset

this is somthing im looking into soon as my mates finishs hus game design course

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I've always thought it'd be cool to have an interactive "virtual reality" fighting game. You stand in a room, and your adversary is projected infront of you. You wear these sensors all over you (in a suit or something) and anything you do registers in the game. So you can cut loose kicking and punching like real martial arts, not just moving your hands infront of a sensor. And your opponent (computer or person) hits you you can feel it, not enough to really hurt you, but a good amount. I think that'd be a kickass game.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
i think that your idea is good, like, have any weapones, armor, and fighting style you want, OHOHOH and have it hooked up to the internet, so that the players can take place in tourys, like, not only in fighting, but in verius challanges, rangeing from races, to puzzel soveling, and the winners get upgrades for there game, like more chars, weaps, armor.... and head explody powers.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Sounds like a good idea. I always though a virtual reality style game would be fun. But there was a power rangers version. It sucked. It just flashed idiots in front of you and then you had to wave your hand in front of it. Lame isn't it. But yeah I defintly want to see one with a gun involved. That would be so real. But heres an idea for a game. Use the virtual reality style game and go crazy with multiplayer.
Man I can just imagine it being so fun. Fraging my so called friends up close and personal.

[Edited on 7/22/2004 by cyberdude78]

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   
how about a game, like a RPG, except its real world, and you can go anywhere and do ANYTHING possible. ..... drool

I heard there is a game like that....

but I cant find it..

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catfish
how about a game, like a RPG, except its real world, and you can go anywhere and do ANYTHING possible. ..... drool

I heard there is a game like that....

but I cant find it..

I guess Fable is kinda like that.... only not exactly "real world"

As for my game idea, I've always pictured a sorta "ocean war" type thing. No land. All fighting is on boats. Your in first person mode most of the time, but when driving a boat around it changes to third person. The game of course has more detail than that.... but too sleepy.... to explain..... so...... yea...

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Cool idea. I'd like to see a game were its like the prohibition only its the year 2006 or something so its the near future. And make its so that you can be a mobster. Join a mob, start your own. Manage your mob and stuff. A bit like GTA only more management and make it take place in the area in and around Chicago. I'm from around the area so I'd just like to see a game taking place in a city I know.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   
You hunt down the world's most notorious terrorists, such as Osama bin Laden. And for the bonus mission, you hunt down Saddam in his bunker.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
How about a Titor game were you go "back in time" and make up stuff

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Hmmm, well, I'd like to see a game about the Cuban REvolution. Obviously, It couldn't be released in America, due to the governments belief that Cuba is Satan and the Revolution was Evil. But who wouldn't like to play a guerilla soldier, hiding in bushes, then using your trrops to storm an enemy hold before taking over the area, finding supplies from nature and locals, and then going on to destroy the capatilist scum.

Video Game HEAVEN!!!!

In the stylee of Metal Gear Solid, of course

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
go to www.gamemaker.com. its free just download it. you make your own game in hours instead of months. even though its 80's style arcade-type games you can put your own pictures in it via copying and pasting
ive thought about making a kick a$$ hitman kinda game. i reccomend taking one of their premade games and editing it a lot instead of starting from scatch. youll have no idea what to do if you start from scatch.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I plan on being a video game designer someday, so maybe my dream will come true. A gameworld like Morrowind except in a modern setting. The game would start like the movie "Signs" except your living in a town. Then there would be different paths. You could go down to the Army recruiter and sign up. This would get you a powerful weapon and training. Or you could go down to the wal-mart type store and buy stuff to barricade your house, and get a hunting rifle or shotgun. Anyway, the kicker is that you have about 3 RL hours before the invasion begins. If you wonder around before that you might spot an alien scout and kill him for his high-tech alien weapon but you could be far from home when the alien assualt teams start landing. I could go on for pages, I have seriously thought this through. There would be some sort of main quest to stop the aliens.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RogueX
I plan on being a video game designer someday, so maybe my dream will come true. A gameworld like Morrowind except in a modern setting. The game would start like the movie "Signs" except your living in a town. Then there would be different paths. You could go down to the Army recruiter and sign up. This would get you a powerful weapon and training. Or you could go down to the wal-mart type store and buy stuff to barricade your house, and get a hunting rifle or shotgun. Anyway, the kicker is that you have about 3 RL hours before the invasion begins. If you wonder around before that you might spot an alien scout and kill him for his high-tech alien weapon but you could be far from home when the alien assualt teams start landing. I could go on for pages, I have seriously thought this through. There would be some sort of main quest to stop the aliens.

Sounds good............I would have a structure whereby you takecontrol of different people in different nations in a mission style way: all on the same day in different countries, so level one you have 3 hours to fight off the invasion in A little farming town, then an urban area, then onto London, then China, The Antarctic........ You get the idea.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
There's a net- based game called Second Life. You pretty much can create your character from the ground up. I'm talking from the wire mesh itself to the textures. But wait, there's more ! For a substancial fee, you can buy server space to build your own personal stuff in this virtual world. You build it, texture it, then write a script that tells the game how players can interact with it, making it a "real" object. People have built their own cars, castles, and some dude built his own airship ala Final Fantasy that he flies from city to city in. The only weirdness is that it seems to attract "Furries" by the crateload:shk: Check it out--> secondlife.com/

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Bubble Boy that's a great post, I may look into that.

As for me, I enjoy anything with the infinity/Bioware Engine. Pc style thought with more than one character.

The GTA games are great fun overall. I also love the Mafia style games. I am also a huge fan of Pirate Themed Games, and enjoy building empires and Nautical battles.

Another big fav of mine are RTS games where you get to be the general of boss of your own Armies.

Koei, has had my nuts in a vice with Kessen and Kessen II. I had wished they made a Kessen 3, the downside is they did more or less with Dynasty Warriors and such. I don't enjoy them as much as Kessen. I like controlling armies, not units.

Initially, I was not so pleased with Kessen 2 since they added Magic to your Special attacks, and they took strategical Troop/Army placement out of your hands, and just gave you 1-3 Pre-Made choices. I have always found my solutions to be better. So I pick the one I can manipulate best and work from there.

-ADHDsux4me

top topics

join