It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pres. O says they do not expect harmful radiation levels? FAMOUS line from day one?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
They have not expected anything that has happened from day one what are they he the gove really trying to say read between the lines if we have a brain? and if not sit calmly back and die in your house?

On the first day this was supposed to be contained now it s not containable
from day one the radiation would not make people sick they are sick and dieing in small numbers at least twenty
from day one the fuel rods were contained with no risk of melt down

I think ive made my point if we look back from day ONE they the govs and plant owners have been completely wrong or completely lying

i just heard the real HERO found a 4 month year old girl ALIVE in the debris swept out in the tsunami those people are the only ones i would take for their words and i notice i dont hear their voices only distant gov. political types babbling like i am now lol

Be Well
Triple

I know longer am buying the info being released guess i never did!

edit on 17-3-2011 by triplescorpio because: infamous spelling errors You heard BAD WOLF when it matters i spell correctly for the .................

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

No offense, OP, but I am getting tired of these 1 line news updates. Can you at least reference some MSM outlets that are currently reporting this?

Otherwise, I don't believe you *lol* Anyone can say that the president said something but this does not make it true. See;

"Japan's President just said that a race of benevolent aliens is helping them stop the reactors from exploding."

As much as I wish it, it does not make it true....
edit on 17/3/2011 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

[I noted you edited your post, thanks. Where is the most recent update from Obama as he plays down the nuclear threat level.]
edit on 17/3/2011 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

I really... really wish I knew for sure. It seems like not a single person knows for sure what we're supposed to be worrying/not worrying about.

Some people say there's a giant cloud of death, other people say it's not going to be that bad. Some people say that powers that be don't want us to know it's a cloud of death x_x I just don't know.

Heck of a lot of help I am. Sigh.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
LOL, they probably werent expecting an Earthquake, followed by a tsunami, followed by a nuclear reactor meltdown, either.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
A show of hands....how many people are tired of the japanese nuclear threads to begin with? ( raising hand )

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

The president was just speaking from the white house??

you no see a

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

RAISING FINGER

i kid ikid

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
A show of hands....how many people are tired of the japanese nuclear threads to begin with? ( raising hand )

Not tired of the threads them selves... I am tired of the ones that have come up with, disgusting ideas or are just plain mean.

I have seen quite a few... Some encouraging us to take advantage of Japans suffering for our financial gain. Some suggesting that the earth quake and tsunami were caused by dolphins and whales as revenge for whaling ( Come on.... really?)

I see so many people posting such.... crap... ( And please note I am not talking about this thread.... I have zero problem with this thread) and it disappoints me, to see so many from ATS, actually suggesting such horrid ideas, proposing such ridiculous theories and being straight up mean.

People died. Lots of them. More will die as well. and it seems that some just don't have any respect for that fact and would rather cook up some half brained conspiracy theory.

There is a time and a place.... That is what some of the posters need to realize.... Now is not the time or place for those kinds of threads...

But at the same time. This is a very real and very tragic situation. We need to talk about it. We cannot turn a blind eye to the fact that, sadly, whole industries have been destroyed. The yen is plummeting. 2,400 are dead. over 3,000 missing and over 1,00 injured and those numbers are growing by the minute.

There is also the looming nuclear power plant issue.... things could get a whole lot worse... so we need to talk about it...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kitkatcatI really... really wish I knew for sure. It seems like not a single person knows for sure what we're supposed to be worrying/not worrying about.

I know for sure and Hawaii will receive no dangerous levels of radiation let alone the west coast , 6,000 miles from Japan . Moniters will pick up trace amounts if the winds blow west but don't let that freak you out because were taking about the same dosage as from a single x-ray , or less and probably less .Take it to the bank . If you're thinking about potassium iodide and can actually find some , buy lots and re-sell it to the idiots at 5 times the price . Feel very sorry for the folks in Japan but even with a total meltdown there will be no effect here , except fear and panic by those who have no idea . Sleep well and if you do worry then worry about the folks in Japan .

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bandito

hmmm resell interesting i have to go to the store
be back in five

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I understand your concerns, but in a way, ( please dont judge, Im all for humanitarian efforts ), but with so many people losing their homes and jobs right here in the US, I'd prefer to take care of our own, before any efforts are administered to the Japanese. I mean, they knew the risks in nuclear energy, further, they knew that they experience a high volume of earthquakes, which should have been a red flag.

Yes it's tragic, but its a tragedy that the Japanese nationals need to resolve, not the rest of the globe. We have our own ongoing tragedies right here, loss of jobs, loss of homes, students failing elementary school...If we (the US) went to Japan, and " saved " the day, do you think that would bring back jobs, or make the American people out of work more prosperous? No, it would just mean that those on unemployment have more taxes taken out of the unemployment check to front the bill. Further, say the very same disaster happened here, do you honestly think anyone would come help us, especially with the " name " we've given ourselves? There is alot of resentment towards the US currently...And I have to wonder, if anyone would come to our aid, considering everyone across the globe is always looking to the US to give aid and hand outs....

It's not that I lack compassion, I'm a realist. And right now what is real, is that my own country men are losing their jobs, homes, liberties, rights and the list goes on......

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Quite honestly, I'm tired of the threads NOT talking about one of the worlds greatest disasters! Currently, the death tolls are in the thousands, but if you look at population numbers, how is that even possible. Not to mention that the largest Nuclear Emergency we've ever had is ongoing!!!

That is what is wrong with this world. If it doesn't have to do with someone's own little world, then they wash their hands of it and go on... Just like the media... Just like the TV stations in Japan...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

'We have our own ongoing tragedies right here, loss of jobs, loss of homes, students failing elementary school..."

i too lost my job and home without family my own family would be screwed and it was very had to get any assistance somehow having paid my taxes and worked for 15 years then losing my job and home only just barely qualified us for some Gov assistance HOW WERE we not qualified is there a worse situation then no job and home i mean im glad we are all healthy but instead illegal aliens get more assistance then hard working citizens??????

i see some of what you are saying but you don’t watch a house burn and not help the people inside that to me is what America stands for in our hearts and minds at least good Americans which i believe you have the best of intentions and are trying to protect as well.

Be Well
Triple

edit on 17-3-2011 by triplescorpio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I just had a shower and launched my web browser to see the following headline on MSN

RADIOACTIVE PARTICLES SPREAD TO THE U.S

I live in the U.K so wondered if something drastic had happened.

uk.msn.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ljonesyuk

i am in New York pretty much as far away as Possible and i am worried and the story grows worse everyday one lie at a time but they the gov. and press call it Unfolding?????

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 1curious1

The media and Governments are definitely downplaying the risks. I don't blame them. What happens if the president comes out and says there is a small chance of getting harmful levels of radiation in the US west coast? People panic over a 5% increased chance of developing cancer in 20 years. After all these are the levels we're talking about.

People are stupid and prone to panic. If you don't believe me look at the prices people are paying for Potassium Iodide. Averting a disaster in logistics and outrage as well as a real risk for riots and immediate physical danger is more important than helping people reduce slightly their chances of thyroid cancer in 20 years.

As much as I wish we would get the real story and the complete truth I am beginning to suspect the population in general really can't handle it. And those who can handle it should be smart enough to read between the lines and figure it out on our own.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 1curious1

If it doesn't have to do with someone's own little world

I hardly define 15 million American out of work and losing their homes a " little world"?

Further, 15 million struggling to survive vs. what 40 dead in Japan or what ever the numbers are, are still a far reach to 15 million people suffering, and those who say we need to swoop in and save the Japanese, contradict the very thing you decry... Humanitarianism. What of the 15 million American citizens struggling to put food on the tables of their children? What of them? Do they not deserve relief help? So my argument still stands. And yours?, well apparently has no merit.
edit on 17-3-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

the truth you cant handle the truth sorry hada say it

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSparrowSings
"Japan's President just said that a race of benevolent aliens is helping them stop the reactors from exploding."

Ahhhh now wouldn't that be nice - I thought of that, a bunch of them swooping down and lending us a helping hand, the whole world left AGOG!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
and today we wake up again to the same statements "from day one" keeps being said all i see from day one is them stringing us along till day two.

i swear i wish i could post this japanese offical or coperate dude but his answers were so assanine ridiculous off topic i swear it was like watching hitler get interviewed by fox news

nothing to seee here
edit on 18-3-2011 by triplescorpio because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2011 by triplescorpio because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join