It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limbaugh Amused That Earthquake Hit Environmentally Conscious Country

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
via Media Matters:

(idiot) CALLER: If these are the people that invented the Prius, have mastered public transportation, recycling, why did mother earth, Gaia if you will, hit them with this disaster?

RUSH: The Japanese have done so much to save the planet. He's right. They've given us the Prius. Even now, refugees are still recycling their garbage, and yet Gaia levels them [laughs], just wipes them out. Wipes out their nuclear plants, all kinds of radiation. What kind of payback is this? That is an excellent question. They invented the Prius. In fact, where Gaia blew up is right where they make all these electric cars. That's where the tsunami hit. All those brand new electric cars sitting there on the lot. I like the way this guy was thinking. It's like -- it's like Gaia hit the Prius in [inaudible]. It's like they were in the crosshairs, if we can use that word, it does. What is Gaia trying to tell us here? What is the mother of environmentalism trying to say with this hit? Great observation out there, Chris.

It's not exactly breaking news that Rush Limbaugh is a total tool, but I think this article deserves it's own ATS thread for another reason - as a stark reminder of the "conspiracy" that lies beneath his hate-filled rants.

Rush isn't just a loudmouth poop-disturber, he is an obvious shill for the extreme right/plutocrat/corporatocracy. Their power depends on keeping the general public mindless little self-involved overconsuming slaves - chained to the gas pump and whatever other devices fuel the complete exploitation of our planet's natural resources, which the members of this little gang happen to control and make all their wealth off of.

Ideas like environmentalism, sustainability and social responsibility completely threaten their prime agenda, so of course they seek out to mock and belittle these things any chance they get. But what gets my goat is seeing other so-called conspiracy theorists on a conspiracy forum perpetually regurgitating these sort of memes.

It doesn't even offend me as an environmentalist - it just offends me as a conspiracy theorist. I mean honestly, how dumb and/or brainwashed do you have to be to not see the underlying motive here? It's crazy.

So my point is - Rush's latest attempt at reaching a new low isn't just more windbagging from the king-windbagger. There is a very calculating agenda behind his words, and the drones that listen to his show naturally eat it all up.

But based on the way I see this sort of hyperbole in turn subtly (but constantly) repeated around places like ATS I'm not even outraged by his rants anymore, I'm actually kind of impressed.

And of course really really scared. Good luck to the human race when there are all sorts of people out there too dense to see through this blatant nonsense.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
As Charlie Sheen said "All green things must die"

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Rush Limbaugh is the King of Trolls. Nothing but a vulture preying on the misfortunes of others to bolster his flagging air time.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mc_squared
It's not exactly breaking news that Rush Limbaugh is a total tool, but I think this article deserves it's own ATS thread for another reason - as a stark reminder of the "conspiracy" that lies beneath his hate-filled rants.

Limbaugh is working off of a business plan that appeals to what is mean-spirited and base in people. For those feeling unbalanced by uncertainty and fear, it's easier to get mad than to do anything about it. Rush gets rich on it, people get their ya-yas out and the circle goes unbroken.
edit on 17-3-2011 by JohnnyCanuck because: of stupid spellcheck...that's what I typed, but not what I meant!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
So he's entertaining the idea that the Earth is somehow conscious and somehow targeted Japan? Just goes to show how totally committed to his Christian faith he actually is.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticquasar
So he's entertaining the idea that the Earth is somehow conscious and somehow targeted Japan? Just goes to show how totally committed to his Christian faith he actually is.

Oooooooooor, he was being sarcastic. Which is exactly what he was being exactly, sarcastic.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizzie56

Oooooooooor, he was being sarcastic. Which is exactly what he was being exactly, sarcastic.

Yup sarcasm with a heavy dose of very poor taste. It's basically his thing from what I hear.
2nd line.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizzie56

Like I said...mean spirited and base. Just the perfect role model.

Now that's sarcasm.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Procession101

it reads like he was strictly taking the piss out of the caller.
while he might not be very good at it, and mean spirited...
i hope folks are not taking that statement at face value and assuming he believes it himself.

that would be as ridiculous as the statement itself.
edit on 17-3-2011 by slowisfast because: typo

join