It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life Changes..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Hello to all

As my profile says, i am not new on ATS and have been a member for the past 2 years or so, yet had to restart the account, being offline for far too long has made me forget many passwords!
My real name is Tessa, and in the past 7 months my life has been turned absolutely upside down..my home of nearly 4 years was robbed, the house taken over by what is known here in the UK as 'chavs'..violence began shortly after and my partner and i ended up fleeing the property for our own safety really and became homeless living in a van up until right before yuletide. During this time i was also going through a seperation, now a divorce from my husband, so that only added to everything else! The violence previously mentioned turned to an older man nearby who apparently owed the local drug dealer money. The teens who did it hospitalized the man, and he was lucky to have survived the ordeal..my partner and i were around the scene at the time and were later questioned by the police to make a statement, but my partner ended up becoming the main witness to the incident. So much for witness protection as promised by local authorities and the threats are becoming more and more serious. And everything has just gone into utter chaos.
The main point to this whole little story is that its amazed me how all of these issues over the past months, has made me realize quite a bit, about the world around me and about myself..Through all the negatives thrown at us, its turned into more positives..i have learned that certain people are unable to exist or have a happy life unless they are causing drama with those around them. As though they feed off of it, and my main guess is that its mainly media induced..soaps alone seemingly show people drama and nosiness are a must have in this day and age, and thats all the reason most people need. the tv condones it!.. An amazing species, man..
Anyhow, just wanted to catch up a bit for those friends i had here on my other account, and to meet those who have showed up while away

I hope everyones looking forward to Spring time finally arriving!!
-Tessa

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FullVisionProject

Hi FullVisionProject, and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Hi Tessa , welcome back . If the law offered witness protection and aren't providing it get a gun and provide your own protection . Cops will investigate after they find you dead but they never prevent anything . When seconds count the cops are minutes away .

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bandito

Thank you for the welcome
and yes i have certainly noticed this with cops! Pretty much we were told with the threats that until at least one of the threats were carried out they werent going to do anything about it.. so that was nice reassurance right there lol...cant have a proper gun here in the UK but sharp bladed objects are my next best option and should be a deterent at least..cops arent the most reliable bunch my experiences have taught me..

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Ah , the UK , sorry , i didn't check that but my advice still stands . It's illegal to kill you but they'll investigate your death . Illegal to buy a gun to prevent your death so i'd buy one anyway and to hell with them . As the Romans approached Jesus turned to a disciple and said , are ye without a sword , no man should be without a sword , should any man be without a sword he should sell his cloak and buy one . Your permit to own a gun comes directly from God and there is no higher authority . The right to self defense is a universal inaliable right , a natural right , not a right given by man . The right to self defense is within the UN Declaration of Human Rights . Better tried by 12 than carried by 6 . Good luck girl .

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
CO2 semi-automatic airguns are quite effective at protecting yourself without possibly killing the attacker. The willingness to fight is severely diminished after receiving 6 pellets to the face. This is only suitable for deterrent obviously, for the stopping you need something more lethal.

Crossbows are quite good at this, they pack a serious punch. And both of these should still be unregulated even in UK

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Yea,but look at how good your hair looks.

top topics

join