It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 7 Dumbest Things People Have Said (So Far) About The Japan Disaster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Business Insider

Limbaugh: Media Meltdown In Japan

Rush Limbaugh wants you to know the real story from Japan is nowhere near as bad as "the media" has made it out to be. Why would they exaggerate the magnitude of the story, you ask? Because, Rush said today on his radio program, "the media wants a disaster in Japan."

About Limbaugh, he just shows a complete insensitivity in regard of the tragedy. I mean, you would have thought that would be a certain restraint that this talking heads will show regarding major disasters. Apparently they just can't stop yapping and yapping some more.

And there's one more thing that I found quite odd, both Limbaugh and Ron Paul seem very supportive and adamant of the continuance of the use nuclear power, don't know why.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
about continued use of nuclear power:

Thorium

According to Australian science writer Tim Dean, "thorium promises what uranium never delivered: abundant, safe and clean energy - and a way to burn up old radioactive waste."[16] With a thorium nuclear reactor, Dean stresses a number of added benefits: there is no possibility of a meltdown, it generates power inexpensively, it does not produce weapons-grade by-products, and will burn up existing high-level waste as well as nuclear weapon stockpiles.[16] Ambrose Evans-Pritchard, of the British Telegraph daily, suggests that "Obama could kill fossil fuels overnight with a nuclear dash for thorium," and could put "an end to our dependence on fossil fuels within three to five years."

There is always the potential for accidents, going back to dirty coal is not the answer.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Ya don't forget about flipper, that one was classic!!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Add this one...

The US State Dept. just said it is scientifically impossible for the radiation to travel from Japan to even Hawaii or the USA and do any damage at all....

www.usatoday.com...
edit on 17-3-2011 by Caji316 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
This could be a good thread because a LOT of ATSers have said some silly things about Japan but must we really include Limbaugh? He gets paid to say dumb but controversial things. I think he is a shock radio talk show host more than a real Republican. I bet 60 percent of what he says on the radio he does not believe personally.

Anyway we can't forget the troll of the year:

Her apology.

mediaoftheday.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Want to see something really dumb?

Step 1: Go on facebook
Step 2: Search for "pearl harbor"
Step 3: Click on "posts by everyone" on left side
Step 4: *double facepalm*

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
"Israel fears sushi shortage after quake"

wonkette.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

I'm always somewhat surprised to find out Limbaugh's brain generates enough power to perform autonomic functions, let alone voluntary actions.

If he says it, I figure it's a lie.

new topics

top topics

join