It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: UN to vote on "No Fly Zone" at 6EST

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

Think it may have been Brazil

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Do we knoiw which countries of the Arab League will be involved? have they voted yet?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
NO FLY ZONE APPROVED

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

At least two Arab states have said they would participate in a no-fly zone over Libya, the Arab League's U.N. representative Yahya Mahmassani said on Thursday, adding that the United Arab Emirates and Qatar would "maybe" be among those participating.

www.reuters.com...

Arab League needs to step up to the plate.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Gaddafi is about to experience a tsunami first hand. He is probably smoking his hash pipe wondering what the heck to do. I bet the fighters are firing up right now for operation Smoke This!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
I don't know why TPTB keep trying to put on the facade that they are listening to the World and will vote on this. The vote is unnecessary as it has been decided behind closed doors already. This isn't our first dance.

The vote is just for public viewing and propaganda as they continue to treat us little ones as children who know absolutely nothing of what the World is really like and what our leaders (loosely termed) are up to.

The UN also showed its might when it came to IRAQ and Baby Bush's Agenda so it wouldn't really matter what came out anyway.

I can't believe that there is actually going to be another war/occupation/humanitarian mission....whatever.

Guess I was right. Didn't want to be but there it is...Damn.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

edit on 17-3-2011 by ModerateSkeptic because: never mind

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Italy is currently making air bases available to help enforce the now fly zone

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
This will go well beyond just enforcing a no fly zone. Gaddafi has told the citizens of Benghazi that his army is coming and "there will be no mercy." I look for the US to strike some time tonight.

More likely the french

The US are involved but they are taking a back seat so it seems.

Well at least it's the French this time. Personally I think the United States should just stay out of it and let the other members of the UN take it from here. We have enough to worry about already, both at home and abroad.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

yeah, you were ~obviously~ right.
i even S'red it.

btw, russian diplomat is speaking right now.
[we, russians, are against this... ] - couldn't quite catch it, but that was the gist of it
use of unnecessary and excessive outside force will fall, fair and squarred, on the shoulders of the international community

edit: no quotations marks, cause it's kind "adapt"
edit on 17/3/2011 by maoklein because: (no reason given)

edit: li baodong (china ambassador)
china is against interfering through the use of military force on matters of international affairs
we have asked several critical questions which have failed to be answered by some members of this council
thus we have decided to abstain...

(again, no quotation marks, cause i'm not absolutely sure. this is only the gist of his speech)
edit on 17/3/2011 by maoklein because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
How sad for the world.
Well it seems like the governments of the world thought getting our collective butts kick in two wars on terror wasn't enough for the world to deal with, so lets have another war, and terrorises yet another country and kill many more countless innocent humans. For the sake of a few the masses will be punished again.

With the earthquakes, floods, fires, tsunami and possible nuclear disaster you would have thought that we as a planet as the human race would have already reached and exceded our governments annual DEATH QUOTA. But obviously not.

Remember people and be warned.
That if our governments keep choosing to go and start other wars built on LIES, when there is still other wars been fought, built on LIES, going on, then there WILL come a time when there are not enough soliders to volunteer to fight, then CONSCRIPTION cames back into play and whether we want to or not, we WILL be forced to go fight , kill and die for THEM.
What would you do if you got your LETTER, the one that told you, you had to go and fight?
Its a possibility this may happen in the not so distance future.
And i for one will not fight their fight for them, i for one will not be forced to kill someone for them. I would rather go to prision or go AWAL then fight, but if i am forced to pick up arms and fight it wont be against a foreign power on a distant shore i can guarantee that.

edit on 17-3-2011 by meathed because: My computer is crap

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by meathed
How sad for the world.
Well it seems like the governments of the world thought getting our collective butts kick in two wars on terror wasn't enough for the world to deal with, so lets have another war, and terrorises yet another country and kill many more countless innocent humans. For the sake of a few the masses will be punished again.

With the earthquakes, floods, fires, tsunami and possible nuclear disaster you would have thought that we as a planet as the human race would have already reached and exceded our governments annual DEATH QUOTA. But obviously not.

Remember people and be warned.
That if our governments keep choosing to go and start other wars built on LIES, when there is still other wars been fought, built on LIES, going on, then there WILL come a time when there are not enough soliders to volunteer to fight, then CONSCRIPTION cames back into play and whether we want to or not, we WILL be forced to go fight , kill and die for THEM.
What would you do if you got your LETTER, the one that told you, you had to go and fight?
Its a possibility this may happen in the not so distance future.
And i for one will not fight their fight for them, i for one will not be forced to kill someone for them. I would rather go to prision or go AWAL then fight, but if i am forced to pick up arms and fight it wont be against a foreign power on a distant shore i can guarantee that.

edit on 17-3-2011 by meathed because: My computer is crap

Sorry but....

It took all of that typing to say you're a coward, would desert and commit treason?
Hope you end up making big rocks into little rocks at a federal pen if they pick your number then. Good luck with that.

They said the French could be in there first. Which is not true since the US has a carrier there. I think the French actually want to head this one up, maybe they can win back some of their honor.
With all the main cities close to shore on a desert, even naval gun batteries will be effective in this war. Kinda wish we still had a line of battleships, would be an awesome sight.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

I don't think they are saying they are scared or proclaiming cowaedice. I think he saying he sick of violence against other human beings based on lies for greed. Many revisionist have shown many wars in tue past fought on moral grounds was BS. He is calling BS. I don't blame him. We all can be so more productive and provide for humanity by other ways than population control and this nonsense. Has anyone talking # about Qhadafi ever looked at statistics or facts about his country? His standard of livng he provides is the best on the continent. It rival many countries in Europe and there are many social benefits based on the oil profits for the average Libyan. He may say silly things but so did Bush. So did Reagan. Daddy Bush threw up the Japanese PMs lap after too many martinis. Nixon was more paranoid than Qhadafi.
I don't want to hear this MSM based arguments about democracy and other nonsensical foundings. What about Saudi Arabia, huh? INTEGRITY AND PRINCIPLE means the same all the time the only thing that is the same is our foriegn policy is sociopathic schizophrenic. Good reason we back stab. What about democracy in former Palestine. Oh yeah the demographics we're to an unfair advantage and peaceful resolved until those Khazars showed up.
How about the Shah of Iran? KING of Jordan? Mugabe? Noriega? Ortega? Batiste Cuba? Batiste Baby Doc? The Queen of England? China? Susan? Mubarak? Egypt?
No! If Israel did not find Iranian weapons on the ship this would not he happening. This is to surround Egypt because they are fed up with Gaza. Israel feels threatened. Israel sent all those mercenaries in their for the ruthlessness and to eff # up so the world would move in. Just like what happen in this vote. Look up the Mossads ol Motto. War by way of deception. How bout another out of chaos order. Hegelian theory. Good cop bad cop. Guess who.played.good cop? Israel. Who played bad cop? UN. Qhadafi said today he was done selling oil to the west. That was his only MISTAKE. I am not his fan. I believe and uphold sovereignty. PERIOD.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Seriously, just unleash the cia and watch the gov fall. The OP has it right, don't risk american troops just arm the rebels and sit back with a bowl of popcorn. Is anyone else surprised that France has been the most vocal about supporting the rebels, Sarcozy has nuts of steel!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
The U.S. has said we will not be involved because everyone is ungrateful when we intervene. We are dammed if we don't and dammed if we do by others so I think France and other are going to go bomb the crap out of nutbag. We have enough problems and many many countries in Africa could unite to pound nutbag.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The sad part is that the U.N. will not allow any foreign troops in to deal with nut bag at all. Just air cover for the rebels and if that works then so be it. I'm sure the allies will give Quadaffi duck a good pounding.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Read my post. I said i WOULD fight. But I would fight for the right COWARD, not the one that is sitting there behind the safety of your WHITEHOUSE ordering me and my country to go and kill innocent lives. Gutless he is and gutless you and they are, I said I WOULD pick up a weapon and fight for the truth. But i will never be forced to follow a COWARD into a cowards war where they sit back and launch SMART bombs into civilians from thousands of miles away. How tough you are.( i bet that you want that job, coward)
And if I have to be a part of the illeagal torture of men women and children, and the murder of innocents, then i wont fight for you or your ideals.
I WILL choose to fight for what i feel that is right, and if you dont agree, then so be it.
You better hope your not be standing on the other side of me when you want to charge me for treason.

edit on 17-3-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2011 by meathed because: BECAUSE YOU ARE WRORG

edit on 18-3-2011 by meathed because: they made me change it, You know who, we were just talking about them. be careful

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
This maybe a little off topic but I just saw some footage of gadaffi on the live stream of aljazeera. That dude seriously looks as if he is blind ( literally ) What does everyone else think?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by meathed

Read my post. I said i WOULD fight. But I would fight for the right COWARD, not the one that is sitting there behind the safety of your WHITEHOUSE ordering me and my country to go and kill innocent lives. Gutless he is and gutless you and they are, I said I WOULD pick up a weapon and fight for the truth. But i will never be forced to follow a COWARD into a cowards war where they sit back and launch SMART bombs into civilians from thousands of miles away. How tough you are.( i bet that you want that job, coward)
And if I have to be a part of the illeagal torture of men women and children, and the murder of innocents, then i wont fight for you or your ideals.
I WILL choose to fight for what i feel that is right, and if you dont agree, then so be it.
You better hope your not be standing on the other side of me when you want to charge me for treason.

edit on 17-3-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2011 by meathed because: BECAUSE YOU ARE WRORG

edit on 18-3-2011 by meathed because: they made me change it, You know who, we were just talking about them. be careful

All that typing to say you would fight for Kaddafi in this case, ok chief, now we know where you stand.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

You cant even spell the name of the man you want to kill.
So dont bother trying to talk back to me.
Finish school and learn about the world around you before you ever try talking back to me.
I hope you get the first letter.

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join