It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: UN to vote on "No Fly Zone" at 6EST

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
No fly zone is approved,

It says so on the banner at the bottom of the video on this page

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Well Mr Beast here comes your reaper.

Should have took the money and left with what little dignity you might have had,at least you'd be alive. Live by the sword,die by the sword.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
all measures approved!!! HOORAH!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Another conflict, more deaths, more money spent when we can't afford it and some of you are celebrating

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
What a load of crap......

If the UN gave a damn about the rebels they would have imposed a no fly zone immediately while they had momentum against Ghaddafi's forces, not now when they are cornerd back and retreating to Benghazi awating a final assault by the government forces....absolute crock of crap!

They want Libya's oil and gas resources, we all know that......why say otherwise...but the UN looks alot worse now for allowing it take this long before any action is done.

Australian Foreign minister Kevin Rudd, like him or loathe him was shut down by UN officials for pushing for a no fly zone 3 weeks ago.

Is the UN going to impose a no fly zone in bahrain and saudi Arabia for killing civilians protesting against their government?

Of course they wont, because they are all hypocrits....why not just go mental and impose a no fly zone over the entire mid east and forcefully take all the oil and gas rsources off everyone......YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO UN/NATO/USA SO WHY BEAT AROUND THE BUSH ABOUT IT AND JUST GROW SOME BALLS AND DO IT!

save us all the torment of watching and waiting as we go from one war theater to the next to the next.

Mark my words.....Ghaddafi will gas everyone because of this!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I can bet that this north african battle has been played before...rommel and the nazi against allies in 1942...these desert battles are well researched, studied, and archived...as the tanks moved around with air power all terrain based and throw in urban battle zones...this should get very interesting.

predators and drones much guided missile action and as i suspect about a week to disarm the brute and enable the rebels...particularly with air drops of weapons and food and supplies...arms on the way, yeah

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Im afraid what gaddafi will do next but the french will be in there immediately, shortly followed by the rest of us, this is an evil man and he must go, the innocent people should be protected, this is a very good day for humanity, people are not happy unless everything is in their favour, we are all the same in this world, we are all humans, its about time humanity stood together in the face of evil such as gaddafi, so what if you cant afford to put fuel in your car, atleast the world will be gone of an evil tyrant that has killed thousands of innocent people

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
No doubt he is jumping out of his chair right at this moment and getting ready to release anything and everything he has. This world is so crazy. I hate to sound like a Miss America winner but I would LOVE to see world peace in my lifetime.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

There won't be a Gaddafi in a few hours. Or days.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Benghazi has erupted with celebration,the rebels are very happy at this news.

www.livestation.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
This is a load of crap, why didn't the UN vote for a resolution in:
-Somalia
-Burma
-Nepal
-All current dictatorships (China ?)
-Iran
-Bahrain (they are killing protesters there)
-Yemen (also shooting live ammunition)
the list goes on...

They don't care about the people.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but time will tell that the situation will get worse, and another puppet leader will be put in place.

Regardless of the outcome, and whether this is good or bad, I hope that the VIOLENCE STOPS, and the people of Libya can live in peace!
edit on 17-3-2011 by ModerateSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
According to Cnn there was 10 votes for yes. 0 for no. And 5 abstains. Who were they?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Dear Libya's leader

This is the UN. We have just approved a no fly zone over your country.

We believe the murder of people protesting oppression is worthy of our fighter jets bombs.

Can you please assist us and limit the blood shed by packing some bags and fleeing the country.

We cannot stress the importance of haste in leaving, the jets are arriving in 7minutes.

Regards,
The United Nations.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggNastee

Russia, China, and Germany were among the Abstainers, not sure about the rest

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggNastee
According to Cnn there was 10 votes for yes. 0 for no. And 5 abstains. Who were they?

4/5 is Germany, russia, china and india, dont know who the 5th was, but everyone else is in favour

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
This will go well beyond just enforcing a no fly zone. Gaddafi has told the citizens of Benghazi that his army is coming and "there will be no mercy." I look for the US to strike some time tonight.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
susan rice has just spoken.
it's always nice to read the fine print: "to establish a no-fly zone AND to take other measures to protect the civilians"

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Won't be long before the military start mingling among the population to avoid being targeted.

I say let the Arab nations control the no fly zone.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
This will go well beyond just enforcing a no fly zone. Gaddafi has told the citizens of Benghazi that his army is coming and "there will be no mercy." I look for the US to strike some time tonight.

More likely the french

The US are involved but they are taking a back seat so it seems.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ModerateSkeptic

"
Voting for the resolution
Permanent members: United States, Britain, France
Non-permanent members:: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Colombia, Gabon, Lebanon, Nigeria, Portugal, South Africa

Abstentions

Permanent members: Russia, China
Non-permanent members: Germany, Brazil, India
"

as in the guardian site [ipsis literis] www.guardian.co.uk...
edit on 17/3/2011 by maoklein because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join