It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: UN to vote on "No Fly Zone" at 6EST

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
If a No Fly Zone is imposed you can bet a World War Three will happen
worldhistoryatyhs.wikispaces.com...

just look at what happened in Iraq with its own no Fly Zone

No, i dont think so.... the difference is that most countries, even arab countries want gaddafi removed, gaddafi dont have any allies,. not anyone with any firepower anyway, russia and china might not be for a no fly zone but they certainly wont back gaddafi, 100%.
Most countries are pushing for action and i think it will happen, there is no danger of a world war.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1

The UN plan to push it through tonight so they can act to protect the people of benghazi from gaddafis assault tonight, there are 1 million people in benghazi and gaddafi has just threatened they will come and kill the enemy and search the houses for weapons and anyone found with a weapon will be ENEMY.

Umm how do they plan on doing that with a city of one million people?.......

en.wikipedia.org...
"The current strength of the Libyan Army consists of 25,000 volunteers with an additional ε25,000 conscripts"

Btw, here is the source for your statement

www.ynetnews.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

edit on 17-3-2011 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

Its obviously just talk to try and scare people, but it wont work

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The U.S seriously needs to get out of the U.N.

Sigh, more innocent people will probably die by Americans than Gaddaffyduck and the rebels combined. The only reason Barry cares about them is because he is desperate to save his historical failure of a presidency, even if that means another illegal war, for "humanitarian" reasons, of course.

If he really cared about the people, he would stick up for the people of the Ivory cost, the people of Bosnia and all of the other people that have horrible crimes committed against them daily by their government.

It's a civil war people, let them fight it. If we do it for them they will hate us,' cause they will turn out just like Iraq -- a epic failure.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The rebels are calling for support, they WANT a no fly zone, they need it, otherwise thousands are going to die... if im honest the UN can take libya without the help of the US, France and the UK have a big enough force alone, Libya army is poorly equipped compared to us, + the 2 arab states that is a big bonus.

There are provisions to protect civilians, no longer just a no fly zone... this could be full scale military intervention, they just cranked it up a notch!

edit on 17-3-2011 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

The UN plan to push it through tonight so they can act to protect the people of benghazi from gaddafis assault tonight, there are 1 million people in benghazi and gaddafi has just threatened they will come and kill the enemy and search the houses for weapons and anyone found with a weapon will be ENEMY.

Umm how do they plan on doing that with a city of one million people?.......

en.wikipedia.org...
"The current strength of the Libyan Army consists of 25,000 volunteers with an additional ε25,000 conscripts"

Btw, here is the source for your statement

www.ynetnews.com...

Easy, they got millions of artillery shells.

Obama may get to don his white cowboy hat, ride in on his white horse and save the day at the last second in good old fasioned hollywood western style just like GW. This is gonna be sweet irony, will the messiah be portrayed as the warmonger or the heroic figure? Tune in to your favorite corporate run liberal media channel to find out.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Anyway, i wanna see that vile piece of # gaddafi killed after what he did in the past, with lokerbie bombing and supplying the IRA with bombs and weapons, hes a vile vile vile man, i hope he dies in a fire.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Unfortunately this is being overshadowed by events in Japan. if Gadafi's threats come founded, i'd imagine most Med towns/cities to be on his hit-list. Those with nuclear facilities and Gibraltar especially.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

I guess you have a point. But I after the bombing what is keeping the US from intervention on ground? not all is done only with bombs..

Lets just wait.. which I hate right now

Off topic ( watching Obama live for speech on Japan )

link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

"what will Libya's response be and will this ultimately save more lives in the long run?.... "

IMO one the USA arrives on the scene these so called "rebels" will be seen as tools of the West, traitors.. which will hopefully foment patriotic emotions uniting all Libyans against their new common enemy: foreign aggressors there to "help" Libyans become the next Iraqis.

link   
www.foxnews.com...

"Libya's defense ministry warned Thursday that any military action against the African nation resulting from a possible U.N. Security Council resolution authorizing airstrikes and other measures will be met with retaliatory strikes on air and sea traffic in the Mediterranean region."

More.......

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Come on.... the libyan army has 50k troops MAX... and i bet a lot of those are ready to defect and a lot already has, hes probably got less than 40k troops right now, with ageing equiptment.... what exactly will gaddafi do against countries like France, that have new technology, much better trained army with a strength of an estimated 250k troops?? france alone would squash him, and the SAS are already in the country and have been for weeks if not months, gaddafi is probably in their crosshairs as we speak waiting for the call to kill..

no offence to the US, they are a great ally but i really dont think there is need for the US, that would be over the top imo, sending all that firepower to such a small, poorly equipped country like libya.....

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
If this goes down, it would be a good MSM distraction against radiation emmiting from Japanese shroes; people will be focused on another "shock and awe" campaign.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

And just to add to that....

In a statement broadcast on Libyan television, the defence ministry said: "Any foreign military act against Libya will expose all air and maritime traffic in the Mediterranean Sea to danger, and civilian and military [facilities] will become targets of Libya's counterattack," the statement said. "The Mediterranean basin will face danger not just in the short-term, but also in the long-term."

www.guardian.co.uk...

Also in the same article:

A source at UN headquarters in New York said military forces could be deployed "within hours" of a new security council resolution calling for states to protect civilians by halting attacks by Muammar Gaddafi's forces by air, land and sea.

If this resolution gets passed, I hope its outcome is good for the Libyan people. They are currently being slaughtered by Gaddafi's people.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Some how I feel this is the beginning of our next war.
when the G man said the Americans will not get our oil
I figured that would be it,... the key words of war

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Lets all have a guess who these 2 as of yet "unannounced" arab states will be that have agreed to participate??

I say Saudi Arabia - The desert Storm offensive in iraq was launched from their territory....

and second i would of said Egypt.... but im not so sure tbh, they still have problems themselves, i couldnt see them launching an attack on Libya.... Possibly Pakistan? hmm, that is a total guess

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I reckon troops are already on the ground, or have at least sabotaged some of Gadaffi's ability to launch SAM/Scud weapons. Western Militaries don't play by the rule book when it comes to another state opposing the 'agenda.' Germany found this out in 1914 and 1939.
What Gadaffi may not have intelligence on though, is whats held in the X-37B payload.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Lets all have a guess who these 2 as of yet "unannounced" arab states will be that have agreed to participate??

I say Saudi Arabia - The desert Storm offensive in iraq was launched from their territory....

and second i would of said Egypt.... but im not so sure tbh, they still have problems themselves, i couldnt see them launching an attack on Libya.... Possibly Pakistan? hmm, that is a total guess

Egypt for sure. U.S needs their airbases to launch attacks from.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

I've been seeing that Egypt will stay out of it.

Many are speculating that the 2 that will participate is Qatar and UAE. Al Arabiya reported that the countries are Jordan and Qatar.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Some how I feel this is the beginning of our next war.
when the G man said the Americans will not get our oil
I figured that would be it,... the key words of war

This is a huge falacy, the US never got oil from him, EU countries did. He said he would cut them off.

It would not matter if he sold to China and India, because then China and India would buy less from other sources, it all remains the same on the global market, just that EU countries would have to buy elsewhere taking up the slack where China and India sales were. His shifting to sell to China or India would not effect oil prices in the least bit.
If his oil was off the market completely like it is now, that has an effect, although a very miniscule one.

He now sealed his tomb by threatening shipping in the Mediteranian, it will be nonstop till he is either dead or in prison.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join