It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flagging and Starring Your Own Threads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Okay, I haven't tried to do this, but is is possible? And if so do people do it? And if they do, how ethical is it?

Just curious

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Try and do it.
See what happens.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

No you can't flag your own threads or your posts.

You use to be able to flag your threads, but that was counter productive

Accolades should come from the membership, not yourself.

!Keeper

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Thanks (and I agree). In that case, I guess thread closed

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

A question about flags. In the past couple (?) of days my partner has not been able to flag any threads at all, where as I can. She always was able to flag threads, unless I had already flagged them - we are behind a NAT router with the same IP address to the outside world. She does not have 20 posts by the way. Has something changed on the site to disallow people who don't have 20 posts from flagging threads, or is it some change on IP - in the which case how would the system know which one of us was on?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I too have noticed this and am the only person in my household that visits this site. My post count is also under 20 and was curious as to why I could star but no longer flag.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Edit: After some consideration and sarcasm excluded...this was not a good post...hind-sight bias. Live and learn...please forgive the interuption to this thread...I am sorry. Carry-on!

edit on 30-6-2011 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by haaat
My post count is also under 20 and was curious as to why I could star but no longer flag.

Thanks in advance.

New-ish. If you can't make a thread, you can't flag a thread. So, 20 posts required to create a thread, or flag one. You still have the ability to star any post, once.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I've just created my first thread (well I did create another ages ago in the rant section, but this is my first serious thread, and obviously the Flag It button is unavailable (though to be honest I wouldn't want to flag my own threads, I'd rather get the feedback from members)

However, I just went to check the progress of the thread, and now I can see a red Un-flag button! I know there was a thread recently asking about removing flags, has this been implemented now, or is it only the OP who can Un-flag their threads, and if so, why would they want to do that?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Who cares? I dont look at flags and stars and blah blah blah...

Sorry, not to insult ya but people worrying with all that really just waste everyones time.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Who cares? I dont look at flags and stars and blah blah blah...

Sorry, not to insult ya but people worrying with all that really just waste everyones time.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ShogunAssassins

Yea i've given out a few stars simply cause I think the person would care about that and it was a good post. Other than that I could care less as i"m here for the interesting debates on issues.

Haven't even bothered to load up an avatar yet as i'm just not into that sort of thing.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Thanks for that.

I guessed it must be that.

new topics

top topics

join