It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US drone strike 'kills 40' in Pakistani tribal region

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

US drone strike 'kills 40' in Pakistani tribal region

www.bbc.co.uk

At least 40 people have died in a US drone strike in the Pakistani region of North Waziristan, local officials say.

Most of the victims were believed to be civilians attending a tribal meeting near the regional capital, Miranshah.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
(I did search but didn't find a thread on this article. Mods please remove if a thread already exists)

How the US can be allowed to roam their drones where ever they feel they need to is beyond me.

And the "militants" they claim to have killed were only "suspected militants" yet they were still cleared to murder them AND a bunch of innocent tribal members at a dispute meeting.

Will the American military ever lose the "kill them first, ask them later" mentality on issues like this?

Imagine if Pakistan were at war with a terrorist group that they believed were hiding out in America. Then imagine that Pakistan used a drone attack to take them out but it also killed innocent American civilians.... SAME DIFFERENCE!

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This is the first and last we will hear about it.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
This is the first and last we will hear about it.

Unfortunately I know you are probably right. Its an utter disgrace

Just trying to highlight some other important news at this horrible time in our existence

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flying Sorcerer

Imagine if Pakistan were at war with a terrorist group that they believed were hiding out in America. Then imagine that Pakistan used a drone attack to take them out but it also killed innocent American civilians.... SAME DIFFERENCE!

I agree this is very important and I don't understand how this is being allowed.

Just imagine when we get these things in the USA. Maybe they'll be controlled by NATO/UN and we'll be targets when we protest, go out late at night, etc. Just saying, since they've already started using drones in Miami-Dade County.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I wish Pakistan made a better deal with the U.S. in freeing that CIA murderer. Something like Pakistan will let him go only if the U.S. signs a U.N. contract saying they will not under any circumstance make another military strike in Pakistan, and if they do they owe $10 million for each person injured and Pakistan can begin firing on all military aircraft near their border.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Flying Sorcerer

What really annoys me is that the Pakistanis are committing treason by providing information as to where the terrorists are. We are talking about Muslims killing other Muslims by using Americans as a go between.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
These unmanned drone attacks are inseparable from the Obama Way of conducting the War On Terror. It is yet another example of why Obama is most assuredly not Change You Can Believe In.

It is not so much that our media refuses to cover them as much as it is that our media refuses to tell the truth about them. All we get typically are brief reports taken verbatim from the official Department Of Defense spoke models which begin by denying any civilian casualties and then stick with that story until if/when facts leak out which can no longer be ignored/lied about. Wikileaks was, predictably, one of the exceptions, particularly in reporting how the Pakistani government was cooperating with the US military in the targeting of these attacks. Yet another reason why the Obama administration has been so focused upon crucifying Julian Assange and silencing his platform for whistle blowers.

Pakistan denies Wikileaks Disclosures

The Asian Tribune did a piece six months ago which gave more of the gory details :

1) 53 CIA administered unmanned drone attacks in 2009 --> death toll of 709
2) 75 drone attacks as of October 3rd of 2010 --> death toll of 650
3) More drone attacks in the first Obama year than in all 8 of the previous Bush years.
3) 32% average civilian casualty rate

US Drone Attacks At Record High

Take a good look at that last stat. That's one civilian killed for every 2 presumed bad guys. I have given up trying get a fire built up under Americans to reign in our godless government on these sort of inhumane behaviors. It is not so much that Americans do not know as it is that they do not _want_ to know. Hence, do not expect much more activity in this thread -- to our great shame and disgrace.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
I wish Pakistan made a better deal with the U.S. in freeing that CIA murderer. Something like Pakistan will let him go only if the U.S. signs a U.N. contract saying they will not under any circumstance make another military strike in Pakistan, and if they do they owe $10 million for each person injured and Pakistan can begin firing on all military aircraft near their border.

Well if not the US then they can always provide the drones to others to do the same

Do you think people are not creative with words and contracts ?
How about using pakistan's own corrupted ISI and Army to do the dirty work?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
reply to post by Flying Sorcerer

What really annoys me is that the Pakistanis are committing treason by providing information as to where the terrorists are. We are talking about Muslims killing other Muslims by using Americans as a go between.
Thats not treason. There are several warlords and drug dealers along with international DrugLords/DON's/Mob who always exploit and abuse the pakistani resources with a gun pointed to their heads.

Poverty is just as much powerful as Greed. I'm surprised how the country of Pakistan is even running with a rampantly corrupted government with very high chance of economic implosion.

So if someone from within provides the information, it might be political in nature but also with a goal of getting rid of your competition or enemy with somebody else's bullet and yet keep your hands clean and not be accused of murder or uprooting the rival gang
Basically the ISI is slick in using the US for their dirty games too. Ever thought about it that way?

edit on 17-3-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I do think I read that they got a commander so good for the U.S for what its worth.

but as to the whole how can the U.S get a way with it? because the Pakistani government give them the behind closed doors ok! to do the strikes. Than does a formal complaint to the U.S and than goes back to telling the U.S were all the bad guys are.

ISI is just as bad as Isreali mosad They really don't care who they harm as long as they make money are get what they want from the C.I.A alot of people die because of the back room deals that go on.

What you should really be on about is what the hell the I.S.I get in exchange for letting the drones do their dirty work?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reaper2137

What you should really be on about is what the hell the I.S.I get in exchange for letting the drones do their dirty work?
Probably more funding for its dirty games, preparations and projects in the neighboring countries like India, Afghanistan and Bangladesh for the so called Kashmir Cause. Keep milking the big fat western cow for all their funding since their country is broke financially ?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

"Thats not treason. There are several warlords and drug dealers along with international DrugLords/DON's/Mob who always exploit and abuse the pakistani resources with a gun pointed to their heads. "

When were these "warlords and drug dealers", so called, found guilty?.. if they're suspected of crimes, it's up to the local authorities to arrest them.

These drone murders are nothing short of state sponsored terrorism.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Its not state oked lol.. its normal goings on lol.. has been for a long long time..

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Stories like this make me sick to my stomach. I'm a fierce patriot, but I wish I wasn't born in the America of today. There is no responsibility in anything that the government or the military does. A 32% civilian casualty right is just simply unacceptable to me. It is injustice by two corrupt governments. I think we will see anti-American thoughts spread throughout the Middle East, it is just unavoidable by their actions at this point.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The only thing I have to say it's that karma returns,if you do bad, then bad you get.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu
reply to post by hp1229

"Thats not treason. There are several warlords and drug dealers along with international DrugLords/DON's/Mob who always exploit and abuse the pakistani resources with a gun pointed to their heads. "

When were these "warlords and drug dealers", so called, found guilty?.. if they're suspected of crimes, it's up to the local authorities to arrest them.

These drone murders are nothing short of state sponsored terrorism.

Precisely. They use them to beg (extort) money from US

Once the money arrives, the same outlaws will be partially sponsored/funded to keep quiet and go on with their missions. Once the money runs out then start begging again to the world for more funding to fight terrorism. The politicians are just as corrupt in Pakistan. The average pakistani citizen knows it but cannot do anything about it.
edit on 18-3-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

"Precisely. They use them to beg (extort) money from US Once the money arrives, the same outlaws will be partially sponsored/funded to keep quiet and go on with their missions. Once the money runs out then start begging again to the world for more funding to fight terrorism. The politicians are just as corrupt in Pakistan. The average pakistani citizen knows it but cannot do anything about it."

What "outlaws"?.. what alleged crimes did these boogie-men commit?.. who were the victims?.. are there court records to review?

I'll answer: None, duh dunno, nope, nah.

Persona software fail.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

"Precisely. They use them to beg (extort) money from US Once the money arrives, the same outlaws will be partially sponsored/funded to keep quiet and go on with their missions. Once the money runs out then start begging again to the world for more funding to fight terrorism. The politicians are just as corrupt in Pakistan. The average pakistani citizen knows it but cannot do anything about it."

What "outlaws"?.. what alleged crimes did these boogie-men commit?.. who were the victims?.. are there court records to review?

I'll answer: None, duh dunno, nope, nah.

Persona software fail.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Americans have no tolerance for human life. I thought we already knew that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join