It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Seeks UN Resolution Authorizing Strikes on Libya

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

I fail to see what you wish me to prove? What you quoted from me was dealing with Country "A" bombing the defenses of County "B" being an act of war, not what we would do if we were in the Libyans people shoes.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
This is all set up, from the protests to gain our sympathy, by the way, they do have my sympathy. They use real people with real needs in their twisted games, and those real people need to be freed.

But US airstrikes always means bombing real families, children, and they've been doing that since Afghanistan. They are evil beyond. They are not there for the families. Its for NWO, the 4 states they want to create, and the fighting words were spoken by Gadaffi, "The west is getting cut off!"

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
A no fly zone is an act of war, and we don't need another war. If the rebels want freedom let them fight for it. It is not our problem, if Obama started bombing us I'm sure Canada and other countries wouldn't set up a no-fly zone for us. Really just think about it Americans, we are already in two wars, we are bankrupt, I just don't see how anyone with a bit of common sense can want us to do this.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Juston

Were you for/against the protesters in Egypt?
Iran?
Saudi?

When would it be "ok" to intervene?
After the leading government killed everyone, or right before?

Or does the rest of the world mean nothing to you.

Thank you!

I don't think the US should do anything militarily/individually, but Nato might wanna get off it's sorry collective arse before that nut kills everyone out there.

edit on 17-3-2011 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
This is your problem, its thier problem, its our problem... But the real problem is red tape. Decisive Action is needed Now! Get in there get it done! This needs to be done or we will see a spirit of terrorism take root and grow to a new level.

I suppose we should just turn a blind eye as our fellow Man, with cries of anguish, begging for the aid of the institutions which where established to prevent such atrocities from taking place... To do nothing would proove these same Institutions quite useless Indeed...

That being said it is not a problem for the US to have to shoulder alone or foot the bill... Thats right NATO, and the United Nations you are failing before the EYES of all Mankind...

edit on 17-3-2011 by 5StarOracle because: had to be done

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Not to sound snide but did someone in the Obama administration is run this by Obama???
You do know he's very busy with March Madness right now...
He's betting Ohio State and Kansas as his picks for this year...

Seems to me they should have checked his schedule before doing this...
He's gonna be real mad if he has to miss the opening game!

Serriously... ya know this really wasnt Obama's idea,right?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Whilst undoubtedly civilians are being killed, the Ghadaffi regime is fighting a rebel regime for political control of Libya. Therefore what we are seing being played out is a civil war.

Implementing a no fly zone would effect the rebels, I appreciate to a much lesser extent, as well as Ghadaffi's so is it wise? I also appreciate a number of the AL countries have also been calling for a NFZ, but surely it should be down to them to implement this. What dealings have the U.S had with Libya since 1986? What is it to do with the U.S?

As for my own country, I think it is a bit rich of them calling for Ghadaffi to step down. These are the gangsters who were willing to accept his blood money and deals for B.P to start exploring for oil. I know the current administration didn't initially set this up, but they were more than happy for it to continue.
edit on 18/02/2011 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
reply to post by Juston

Whilst the U.S and U.K sit idly by and allow the Bahrain regime to kill their citizens, with the aid of Saudi and U.A.E troops.

Oh silly me, no oil there!!

Isn't Bahrain the U.S. 5th fleets "home away from home". The U.S can't look like bad guys there, that would put naval personel at risk.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
US invasion of Iraq dejavu all over again

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skittle
US invasion of Iraq all over again

Not quite
see for it to really be dejavu...
One of Obama's daughters would have to get elected and invade where her daddy could not...
then it would be dejavu

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by KicknAndScreamin

I agree, but the silence from them is deafening!!

If they have the 5th Fleet there anyway, then surely more U.S citizens are at risk than in Libya, giving them a greater excuse for going in to protect these civilians.

I guess they are happy with the current puppet they installed there, and screw the people calling for democracy.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
I also appreciate a number of the AL countries have also been calling for a NFZ, but surely it should be down to them to implement this. What dealings have the U.S had with Libya since 1986? What is it to do with the U.S?

Exactly. Well said. Why are they clamoring for us to take action? We aren't mercenaries are we?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Supposedly they are letting the Arab League push for the no-fly zone and military intervention, with the understanding that THEY can pay for the costs of the war. (Arab League members include Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Jordan, Egypt, Kuwait...)

This is a big difference to the last invasion launched by the US, which was unilateral, we are still paying the price for that one. If the Arab League backs this, and funds it, then it's a win/win situation for the US, we can eliminate a proven terrorist leader through targeted strikes without having to take on another war.

'we' who?.. this 'no fly zone' farce is just another banker gangster production... where once again, patriotic suckers will "trust" that this time, no really..it could happen.. US party leaders will deviate from their template of lying, looting and resource raping to do the right thing..lol.. yeah right!!..lmao..

And while Gaddafi is most assuredly a dirtbag, GOP & DNC party leaders have exported more misery & death than any so called "proven terrorist" could wet dream about.

After witnessing how the GOP & DNC lied their asses off to "help" Iraq & Afganistan.. I'll bet money these alleged "rebels" rally with their fellow countrymen against their new common foreign foe... unless Libyans are real eager to become the next Iraqis.. lol.. with a green zone of their very own, brand new Federal reserve note currency & heavily armed and dangerous blackwater goons immune from prosecution.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
All the people bashing the U.S. asking the the U.N. to enter Libya are really showing their hate for the U.S. Why aren't you people foaming at the mouth over Saudi Arabia invading Bahrain with heavy armor, infantry, and air power? I have not seen one source that indicates Saudi Arabia sought out U.N. permission to invade Bahrain. But some how it seems OK that Saudi Arabia can do this and stop the uprising there and put the civilians into submission. Seriously, what is wrong with you people?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33
All the people bashing the U.S. asking the the U.N. to enter Libya are really showing their hate for the U.S. Why aren't you people foaming at the mouth over Saudi Arabia invading Bahrain with heavy armor, infantry, and air power? I have not seen one source that indicates Saudi Arabia sought out U.N. permission to invade Bahrain. But some how it seems OK that Saudi Arabia can do this and stop the uprising there and put the civilians into submission. Seriously, what is wrong with you people?

What's wrong with you people?

Have you read all the posts on here? Clearly not. I have been championing the Bahranian protesters and seriously agree with you regarding their plight. It's just that their is no real rich pickings for the U.S there.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I think the US will play a minimal role in Libya, its generally France and the UK and it looks like the French are eager to lead.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

Hatred for America? Really? You obviously don't know me too well.

We are broke. We are already fighting two wars, and with Libya, well...

As others have said, it's not our job, or responsibility, to spread our version of Democracy throughout the world.

Is it unfortunate that lives are being lost? Yes

Is it the responsibility of NATO or the UN to keep the peace? Some would say so. Personally I think those organizations hearts are usually in the right place, yet they all represent governments, and governments have their own special little interests.

Originally posted by Clisen33
I have not seen one source that indicates Saudi Arabia sought out U.N. permission to invade Bahrain. But some how it seems OK that Saudi Arabia can do this and stop the uprising there and put the civilians into submission.

And who's fault is that? Mine? Yours?

No.

As usual, its broken and corrupt governments.

Do I hope that that people uprising against their governments around the world succeed in their endeavors? Sure I guess. They know what's wrong with their governments first hand, and I'm sure they are aware of the possible outcomes as well.

I just don't want the United States to continuously play world police, or savior, or promoter of freedom, or whatever you want to call it, and make any investments we can't afford to make. Because when you look at it, that's exactly what it is. An investment. Whether it be an investment in the continuation of energy sources, an investment in peace or an investment in stability, it's something we simply cannot afford.

All that is being said really, is that we should worry about our own problems before we start worrying about others.

edit on 3/17/2011 by Juston because: Clarity

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I can't see that a no fly zone will resolve any issues in Libya, it certainly didn't make much difference for the Kurds in the aftermath of Gulf war 1

The US will probably supplya certain percentage of the air power, but this situation is going to need boots on the ground, and that takes time to organise. The UK is still politically numb at home after Iraq & Afghanistan, so I would predict more French or european troops if they are needed

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1
I think the US will play a minimal role in Libya, its generally France and the UK and it looks like the French are eager to lead.

Yeah ..France and Sarcozy are loud too much ... who knows why ?

Libya funded Sarkozy's French poll campaign

The son of Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi has alleged that his country helped finance Nicolas Sarkozy's 2007 presidential election campaign. "We funded it and we have all the details and are ready to reveal everything," Saif al-Islam said.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000

Originally posted by Itop1

Yeah ..France and Sarcozy are loud too much ... who knows why ?

Libya funded Sarkozy's French poll campaign

The son of Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi has alleged that his country helped finance Nicolas Sarkozy's 2007 presidential election campaign. "We funded it and we have all the details and are ready to reveal everything," Saif al-Islam said.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Its a bit strange... the French arent usually this eager lol, they are almost on the verge of going it alone i swear, never seen them so eager before....

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join