It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Must Watch - One of the Last You Tube video's coming out of Japan

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
In Finland news channel YLE is broadcasting Japan NHK live news tv channel. So they can't find information from internet?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

right there with you just downloaded my copy in case its needed, with all the people downloading this, it will never go to waste gladly! Thanks for bringing this to us OP S&F luckily we got to see this before it was removed completely!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
S&F and posted on FB

Poor guy he looked really stressed, I wonder if he can get some information from his embassy?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Is this guy from Japan? The reason why I'm asking is that I couldn't find any realtime sources of any content being restricted in Japan by Japanese people.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Here's a source!
Source

and another
CNN

Sources are for U.S.military only.

edit on 17-3-2011 by brokenbullet56 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2011 by brokenbullet56 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Watching the video & it's interesting. I did a Google search though & only a few sites mention Youtube being blocked in Japan. Like Godlike Productions. I haven't seen it on any news stories.

reply to post by brokenbullet56

No. That is for only those in the military. Not Japanese citizens.

U.S. Pacific Command made the request to free up the bandwidth. The sites, 13 in all, are blocked across the Department of Defense's .mil computer system.

edit on 17-3-2011 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I have been watching the earthquake, tsunami and the nuclear disaster footage from japanese television stations such as NHK, TBS, Fuji TV and even some local station, aswell as additional uncut live conferences by NISA and TEPCO provided by niconicovideo. All that though using my internet connection instead. Just I'm not sure if it is actually possible, that he does not have even one news station available on his telly. I guess it could be possible then...

I have lived in Japan, and I know that the stuff he showed is what is coming on most of the channels, but I don't remember, that there was a place where I couldn't reach a news channel. They still do have analog transmissions available for few months, and I thought NHK was widely available..

If he needs information in english, then the analog might not suffice, and he would need to order NHK World, or some foreign news channels digitally. One thing I can believe during this disaster is the problem to get local information in english. The tsunami warning was though issued exceptionally in english aswell (in japanese nhk). But near the coastal areas the loudspeakers are only advicing people in japanese. ..and many locals don't speak english there, so it could be hard to get accurate information by asking in person.

censorship: I'm quite convinced that there is no youtube censorship, or at least it is not concerning everyone. Here is a youtube search for the term nuclear power plant (原発) in japanese, restricting results for 'today', and jumping to page 4 (page 1 shows mostly news stations uploads) www.youtube.com...

Quick notes on my inspections on how japanese news stations are dealing with the situation:

Once the reactor 1 had an explosion, it started to make the news. First however, it didn't get much air time, since there was not much extra information available, and there was lot to report elsewhere. It didn't take even one day though, and fukushima was getting almost equally as much air time as thousands of dying people along the coast. As I am writing this, the topic on TBS is once again the problems with the nuclear plant.

The news stations are showing daily live conferences by TEPCO and NISA. Today for the first time, I saw NHK deciding to not show the whole TEPCO conference, jumping elsewhere.

Other things showed in news channels are news from evacuation centers, news about the electricity outage program to save energy (affecting millions of people near tokyo), news of counts of dead and lost people in different areas, news of destruction in different areas, news reports from the evacuation centers, personal stories related, and of course, the very fast earthquake watch. Once an earthquake strikes, it will be instantly noted and brought in the broadcast screen. Once a larger(if the detector thinks it may be shindo 5 or larger I think) earthquake strikes, it will be instantly noted and given more attention. Couple minutes later, a map is shown with the strength felt in affected regions. In past week, this stuff has been quite common, and by witnessing the incoming news of shindo6 or so, has been really scary stuff to watch. You can read the scared faces of the news anchors, as they have to read the news. Not only that, but for example the shizuoka shindo6+ quake few days back, the news station itself was shaking, and experiencing the quake as a strong shindo4. Shindo is the scale they measure the earthquakes. They also give the richter scale value in addition, however the richter scale value is not so informative for the japanese, as it doesn't measure how strongly it is affecting different environment and the people, as the depth and the epicenter are big factors. In comparison the M9.0 on 11th was felt as shindo 6+ or 7 in sendai and miyagi area and shindo 5+ in tokyo.
Here is another NHK channel showing live parliament meeting when the big one comes. While you may not understand what they are saying, the atmosphere speaks for itself www.youtube.com...

While in my opinion the guy in the youtube video has a bit himself to blame, for not having provided himself a news tv station, or not being able to satisfy his local news needs on the internet, he shares a problem with hundreds of thousands people in evacuation centers. When these people are interviewed and asked what they need the most, it is mostly 1. water 2. _information_ 3. other supplies. Many is complaining about the coldness. These people are basically cut without electricity and in one place they for example have been forced to share one nigiri with 4 people. By now though, more food and other supplies have arrived in many places.

edit on 17-3-2011 by inthemistandfog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Sites are blocked for only those in the military on the military server.

U.S. Pacific Command made the request to free up the bandwidth. The sites, 13 in all, are blocked across the Department of Defense's .mil computer system.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonTattooz
reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

I disagree. YouTube is privately owned and they have every right to display or remove any content they wish.

Absolutely. If you have a complaint about Youtube, ask for your money back.

I think they pulled the video because the title was plain trolling and also had nothing to do with the video content.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I'd love to help get this out but I have very limited computer skills. Can someone - anyone - tell me how to post this to my facebook page? thanks in advance.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I can only magine how he feels and what he is going through. The Japanese people are a proud people and follow what they are told..... this man is in total panic, I hope this gets out all over the net as he has asked and I hope he will be okay.

This saddens me, why can't they (governments) just all be truthful

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I think the reason utube took the video down is simply because of the title, I'm sure the other videos with the modified title will stay up. They aren't opposed to the content, just the claim about them censoring Japanese uploads probably annoyed them.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The reason they are playing tv game show re runs is because all of the news reporters and anchors have pissed off out of there already. I wouldn't stay in the building, even if they said to do so. I would be trying to get as far away as possible, either within Japan or out of it!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by galacticgirl
I'd love to help get this out but I have very limited computer skills. Can someone - anyone - tell me how to post this to my facebook page? thanks in advance.

at the top of the youtube video you'll see a little F in a blue square fro Facebook, just click that and a box will come up, then click the 'send message' button in the bottom right corner.
edit on 17/3/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Many thanks Lady Versa - for your time and patience. I feel compelled to help get this out to everyone I can. Star for you!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
This is sad because there is definitely a media black out here as well as far as radiation tracking goes. It's like almost every station here is playing nothing but sitcoms and reality t.v. shows.

Is America so brainwashed that they can't even look for the truth anymore?

Hold on, let me grab some McDonalds and a coke real quick before I miss Glee.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Well gee, Bill O’Reilly says the Media Is ‘Hyping’ Japan Nuke Crisis.

www.newsmax.com...

Now if this guy isn't one of the biggest pieces of S on TV, then I would like to know who is.

Meanwhile, Donald Trump questions Obama's citizenship and the Media is busy keeping most of the world asleep.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrivetTheFool
reply to post by Chaoic_Black_Dragon

My sincere apologies for not thinking about adding subtitles!

Give me a few minutes and I can add them to the posted vid on my channel - the gentleman has a very nice French accent.

I thought it was dutch..haha

But yea he is being honest..you can tell...he doesnt swear until then end when he can no longer think of words to describe his frustration...after he has explained to us .

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Everyone keeps saying the video was pulled because the video content had nothing to do with the title.

So what was the title? I've seen the video and there isn't anything remarkable in it. It's just some french dude venting because he wants actual news on Japanese TV, not silly game shows.

So how was this a scam, spam or financial fraud or whatever they said?

Moreover, why is the title of this thread "Must Watch - One of the Last You Tube video's coming out of Japan". Isn't that flagrantly dishonest?

Someone noted that about the only places on the web where people are saying Youtube is being blocked in Japan is godlikeproductions.

Yeah I bet I know the other two: ATS and Rense.

Why is it that these three sites are being continually spammed with disinformation?

Moreover, what I really, really want to know is why!? Who is behind it and what is the purpose? Is it a Government, corporation, or some secret organisation?

Even the mods here at ATS tell us they are having to continually close hoax threads perpetrated by a very concerted group of hoaxers. Who are these people? I think the biggest conspiracy theory is right there.

Is the object of the hoaxing to dilute the real information that might pop up from time to time? Or is there no real information and it's all just a pile of ignorant tosh?

Enquiring minds want to know!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join