It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Radiation Detectors in Place

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Now here is the big question,If the US is telling us that radiation from the japan nuclear reactors won't reach the US and there is little chance it would,then why the heck are they putting radiation detectors in place. Your thoughts please on this

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Yes. Because its what they should do. How would you want us to know when maybe we're wrong? We have to check...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I would be more worried if they didn't prepared the detectors.
Smart planning - doesn't mean anything to necessarily worry
about - precaution as we never know for sure what Mother
Earth might have in store.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Well from what i am hearing from the news is them telling people In the US is not to panic,not go buy the potassium iodine pills.No radiation threat from Japan to the US So if there is a real threat then why are they not just telling the US

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
at RadiationNetwork, there's a fluctating spike between 60-70 in Colorado. Sure its not from Japan, but any idea what it could be from?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I don't know Jasmine23...

Why could they possibly put radiation detectors in place? This is such a difficult question....

I mean maybe since we have a Japanese nuclear reactor running wild it's because, THEY WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IN THE EVENT THERE IS RADIATION!?

Everyday I'm more astonished at how people are losing common sense. E V E R Y D A Y !
edit on 17-3-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Oh i have alot of common sense,and my common sense is telling me there is alot of conflicting reports coming out of Japan and the U.S. and that also tells me the U.S. might be in more jeopardy than they are letting on thank you very much

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsofunnyguy
at RadiationNetwork, there's a fluctating spike between 60-70 in Colorado. Sure its not from Japan, but any idea what it could be from?

Its just the higher elevations in Colorado. nothing to worry about. Even the warning point of 126 is WELL below dangerous levels.

@OP: From what I understand, nobody is saying there wont be any radiation from this in the u.s.. What they are saying is that it will be within 'safe' limits.

The truth is, no one knows for sure what is going to happen here. This event is unprecedented. So it's far better to be safe than sorry and have monitors in place.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jasmine23

Of course there are a lot of conflicting reports coming out of Japan. This is an ongoing event.

I'm just saying that if you know there is a radiation related problem at the Fukushima nuclear plant but you don't know why the US government is putting radiation detectors in place, common sense just goes out the roof.

And no government official claimed that there will NEVER be radiation in the US west coast.

This is a cautious measure.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Let me put this in perspective for you. We are 5,000 miles away from Japan. When Chernobyl exploded, I was very close to the action (relatively speaking) and I'm fine. My family is fine, my friends are fine, and their children are fine. I admit that at first I was concerned (living in Southern California at the moment), but then I remembered the Chernobyl incident and the fact that I was living in Eastern Europe when it happened just beyond our borders. Although those in close proximity were severely affected, all the other European countries seemed to get through it without too many issues. I imagine that some of the radiation may have caused cancers that might not have occurred otherwise (I have no statistics on that by the way), but generally speaking people out there seem to be as healthy as they are here in the U.S.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jasmine23

Could you post a link to that graphic, please? I saw it the other day and can't find it.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Here is a link to a article,plus the CNN news channel had it on. af.reuters.com/article/energyOilNews/​idAFN1616754920110316 Hope that helps

top topics

join