It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MISSING friend

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Hey everyone, recently my family had a struck to them. A very close friend of ours is now a missing person. Here's what I know:

2 days ago his girlfriend called me and asked if he was at my house, because he wasn't home, and all of his stuff was gone. He wasn't and I figured he had just went to one of his sisters houses. Yesterday his family called my Uncle and it turns out both he and his sister are missing, all of their things are gone. It appears they have picked up and moved to start a new life...Just like that...They suspect they went to either South Carolina or Florida.

This guy is a dear friend, like my brother. I want to know he is ok. What makes this funny/ironic is the neight before he went missing he was hanging out at my place. We watched The Hangover-which has it's characters looking for a missing friend...

Is it against the rules to post his name and Picture in case any of you happen to see him?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by misfitsquid
It appears they have picked up and moved to start a new life...Just like that...They suspect they went to either South Carolina or Florida.

If this is indeed the case, them leaving to start a new life, perhaps he does not want to be located. If you guys were best friends, as you say, I assume he would have said something to you, and if not, he probably has his reasons.

Just my .02 though. Good luck with whatever happens.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juston

Originally posted by misfitsquid
It appears they have picked up and moved to start a new life...Just like that...They suspect they went to either South Carolina or Florida.

If this is indeed the case, them leaving to start a new life, perhaps he does not want to be located. If you guys were best friends, as you say, I assume he would have said something to you, and if not, he probably has his reasons.

Just my .02 though. Good luck with whatever happens.

The theory is that his sister may have forced him to go, or he went to make sure she is ok. She has history of drug addiction and rash decisions. We believe he is looking out for her....That said you're absolutely right, he may not want to be located.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by misfitsquid

If I was you I would report this to the Police to ensure no intent was done to them....the Police has the means to track them down so please report it.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It's been reported to the authorities. They are looking, but I am not sure how hard because like I said it doesn't look like an abduction.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Sometimes things are not what they appear to be. I would want to be absolutely certain they are alive, well and safe.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I have packed up and moved just like that a few times.
When I did I never told anyone and never called them again,I just left it all behind and never looked back.
Filing a missing person report would guarantee I would never talk to you again.
He is a grown man who took his stuff and had to do what he had to do...don't be a pest and worry about your own life is my advice.....If he wants to talk to you or be located then you would already know and he would have called.
Its his life not yours.
edit on 17-3-2011 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Here is a thought. They say the safest place to hid from somebody is in plain sight. Right there, maybe hiding, maybe disguised, maybe watching you looking for him.

You could walk right thru a Mall in disguise past your own Mother, and not be recognized. Maybe he' hasnt gone anywhere...but is somewhere close..a friends, and aquaintance of his you dont know, staying with someone secretly....look around.

My bet is he's not far, and may be in fact looking at you guys...looking for him.

PS I need to say too that...maybe he doesnt want to be found? thats his choice
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: edit

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Im sorry but when you truely love a close friend you cant just say 'oh they left fine i'll leave them be'. If you can think like that then you wouldn't be a very good friend at all. Its selfih to up and leave without telling your loved ones at least. It isn't right to cause worry and concern for your welfare just because you're too selfish to explain your reasons for doing so.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Without telling you that he doesnt want to be found though how do you know? If he left a letter stating that then fair enough, but he didnt. I say look for him and dont give up if he really means that much to you, he should be flattered if you finally do find him after the effort and if after that he doesnt want to stay in contact with you then thats his loss because you obviously care that much about him.

Some people run away and then feel because they didnt tell anyone that they will be angry at them, because of this they stay away not making contact, But actually you dont care because whatever the reasons when you finally find someone you deeply care about in this situation you both will be relieved to see each other, no matter how angry you might be at him for not telling you. He might even need some help psycologically, it isnt easy coping with a loved one who has addictions. I know this from personal experience and have lost people close to me because it was too much of a burden to keep helping them and believe me the distress of seeing someone you care for so much destroying themselves is almost unbearable. Still I find myself asking questions over and over in my head relating to what could I have done to get through to them etc even though I tried my hardest to. If you dont try though and then something happens then you will fell awful.

Some people need help and wont accept it or just run away. I dont believe we should give up on them because they dont want our help. Sometimes as well people just want to know that others care about them. You have no idea what goes on inside a persons head. A friend of mine who was the most happy go lucky guy in the word, always smiling killed himself after a silly argument with his parents that tipped him over the edge. He never spoke about being depressed, but clearly we could see he was after analysing a lot of small details. HE didnt want to worry anyone or let anyone know that side of him for whatever reason.

Also some people run away because they want to know that someone cares enough to chase after them.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

Absolutely correct on all points. My opinion though stands in regards to someone who just does not want to be found. As a friend should you look? Of course. Only, if nothing comes of it...and the police finds nothing...and no (sorry to say this) body turns up anywhere...what more can one do?

After looking everywhere, posting fliers, going on the tv and online, and searching as far as your monetary resources allow you to, and going to psychics in the end...without any word...without any leads..without any body to I.D., and with psychics failing to see anything...well? After all that...he could just plain...and for his own personal reasons...just-not-want-to-be-found.

Maybe he'll show up all of a sudden with an explanation everyone can understand. It happens on Soap Operas all the time. So, one shouldnt stop looking ....those kind intentions, concern and care are a good thing.

They should not stop. I hope he turns up safe.....Blessings
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: 2 give hope

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
He and his sister came home two days ago...Apparently he had no idea she had planned to leave like that and went to make sure she was ok...Thanks to all!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

I'm pleased your friends returned. I would also suggest telling your friend to let someone know if they're going to shoot off again.

top topics

join