It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy Captain Gives Word on Millitary Evacuation Plan from Japan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

This is from Captain Eric Gardner, he's the Commanding Officer of the Naval Air Facility Atsugi.

Looks like official word on getting the evacuation going for millitary families, workers and eventually millitary who are not on the humanitarian missions.

Not sure how this relates to other branches and bases in other areas.

Seems to be a pretty important and worrying turn of events.
edit on 17-3-2011 by usmc858 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Wow...

I can recommend only 1 thing..

Get out of Japan if it is safe for you to do so, and do it within 24 hours!

If the president orders military + family to move out, the rest will follow soon...

They want the military out first, so they don't get caught up on in the chaos that will follow soon.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
A comment from the youtube video page:

Kind of interesting, the standard NEO plan usually is concerned with evacuating civilians from Korea to Japan, not the other way around. They have practiced with this plan so it should be fairly easy to just reverse the process. I just wonder how prepared the bases in Korea are to receive the influx of personnel. For those folks that have never been to Korea, it is a bit different than Japan

Kinda humorous but a good point nonetheless.

Youtube

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc858

Yeah just heard on the news this morning that the Embassy is chartering planes for all military and embassy families from Yokohama, Tokyo and one other city. Somewhere around 600 people expected just from the State Dep. staff.

Sounds like the same deal.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Here is some more info on voluntary evacuation plans for the bases in Japan.

waronterrornews.typepad.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJM8507
Here is some more info on voluntary evacuation plans for the bases in Japan.

waronterrornews.typepad.com...

Thanks that's some good info.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
All the people in Japan are already dead, its just a matter of time.

Its worse then Chernobyl, which says something...

There is no way those people will be let loose in another country.

If anything some kind of FEMA camp.

The radiation over there is unheard of.

Wasting supplies and other people to help is a very big unneeded risk. Just think how many people are being sent to their deaths....the radiation is airborne, smoke was coming out of the reactors..just think about it for a minute.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Well considering the circumstances, I support this move by Obama. Even the conservatives have got to be supportive of that. But they ought to consider ALL people there, not just ours. If any of them want to leave, they should get to go too. And in that order the same: women and children first, non-essentials, then essentials, and last him. Only ones who should be forced to stay are those responsible for the misdesign of the cooling tanks, along with those who falsified information with the inspections.
edit on Thu Mar 17th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
After watching again, his smile is really strange. I think it is just pure nervousness of the situation. I'm sure he was told to make it as calming and reassuring as possible for the people viewing, but you can tell it's hard.

Plus he said it is voluntary, but he says he is the last one to go (basically everyone WILL go). I mean who in there right mind would want to stay if they didn't have to.

They are just trying hard to not have mass panic during the exit, but they'd better hurry.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I just wonder who is going to pay for these people to evacuate back to the states? Will they get COLA? Will they get help with renting a place? hotel? or will they have to find a relative to bunk with? It also says you will be gone "A MINIMUM OF 30 DAYS" from everything I read.

Just wonder how the typical dependent/civilian or military person will be able to afford to evacuate their family... From what I hear they will have to foot the full cost of the evacuation and flights.

Here is another similar article with maybe a couple more details.

www.stripes.com...

Very telling.
edit on 17-3-2011 by DJM8507 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc858

1) Unprecedented

2 Women and children 1st

3) Stay calm

4) Don't Panic

Sounds like GTFO!

This is the most pertinent news I have heard throughout this whole disaster. I knew when Saturday night I saw youtube video of the lid of #3 blow sky high with huge pieces going up 1 km that the whole thing was going south.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

What a horrible post. If it was at the point of no return, then there would be much higher radiation levels. What might be happening is a large portion of the population is now at risk for cancer. Which is much different from being already dead.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

GET OUT OF JAPAN, NOW!

edit on 17-3-2011 by PureET because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The scariest past occurs in the first minute and a half. He says women and children first and says the will go to South Korea. From there, he said they have not figured out where they will go. This for me means the government does not know what will become of those they are evacuating since if they have high levels of radiation they may be quarantined or held? Is that a safe assumption here?

This video is telling us that the show is over folks...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by PureET

GET OUT OF JAPAN, NOW!

edit on 17-3-2011 by PureET because: (no reason given)

Wow, that really gives you chills wishing you could help more directly, and putting yourself in their shoes.

Unfortunately I think he already knows most of the truth from already reading between the lines.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quickfix
All the people in Japan are already dead, its just a matter of time.

Its worse then Chernobyl, which says something...

There is no way those people will be let loose in another country.

If anything some kind of FEMA camp.

The radiation over there is unheard of.

Wasting supplies and other people to help is a very big unneeded risk. Just think how many people are being sent to their deaths....the radiation is airborne, smoke was coming out of the reactors..just think about it for a minute.

Complete nonsense. Where are you getting your information
Do you just listen to Alex Jones all day or something?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Japans " Tokyo Electric " V.P Takashi Fujimoto speaks on reactor situation "Believes" fuel rods exposed

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Seems like a truthful admission from our beloved government under direction of Obama and at his order.

Japan is done as a country and has basically been doomed back to a pioneer lifestyle with no hope of recovery mainly because their own government lied to the people about the risks.

When the tops blew off the reactors, so went hundreds of tons of spent fuel rods stored since the opening of the plant...way worse than chernobyl...something that even a third grader with internet access could discern just from the make up of the plants schematics and from a cursory view of the pics of the damage...this is not rocket science just voodoo lies from a government in a very safe place right now..

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Somewhat inarticulate for a Captain. he must have just got out of the meeting with the Admiral and not had much time to prepare his remarks. He was winging it. A couple of points based on posts above.

1, Families will have money to buy what they need, whether it is hotel rooms or rent. In situations like this they get a daily rate to pay for stuff like that. The military is quite well-versed in this sort of thing. hey move service members and families every day of the year. When yiou vacate an apartment, you get money for a hotel until you fly out and when you arrive, you get money for a hotel until you move into more permanent quarters. The families will nor experience financial hardship except insofar as E-3s don't get paid all that much to begin with.

2. The Captain said Carrier Air Wing Five (CAW-5) is going to leave base for the north. This Air Wing is composed of eight squadrons, predominantely F/A-18 Hornets (Think Blue Angels) plus electronic warfare, early warning, and a few helicopters. They normally travel with the carrier George Washington. The Captain said they were going to assist in relief efforts.

OK, the choppers could help as could the Greyhounds, which are small cargo planes. But the four Hornet squadrons are the teeth of any carrier strike group. They aren't equipped for "humanitarian" operations. So why would they move? First, they are not moving far, meaning they are keeping the teeth around, but they are abandoning their own carrier. Why would they do that unless they expect radiation to come toward the base?

3. Doesn't sound that voluntary an evacuation to me. I think everyone on base, particularly dependents, just got volunteered.

4. Interesting that they have practiced Korea to Japan evacuations, meaning they expect Korea to heat up sooner or later and are ready for that.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Somewhat inarticulate for a Captain. he must have just got out of the meeting with the Admiral and not had much time to prepare his remarks. He was winging it. A couple of points based on posts above.

1, Families will have money to buy what they need, whether it is hotel rooms or rent. In situations like this they get a daily rate to pay for stuff like that. The military is quite well-versed in this sort of thing. hey move service members and families every day of the year. When yiou vacate an apartment, you get money for a hotel until you fly out and when you arrive, you get money for a hotel until you move into more permanent quarters. The families will nor experience financial hardship except insofar as E-3s don't get paid all that much to begin with.

2. The Captain said Carrier Air Wing Five (CAW-5) is going to leave base for the north. This Air Wing is composed of eight squadrons, predominantely F/A-18 Hornets (Think Blue Angels) plus electronic warfare, early warning, and a few helicopters. They normally travel with the carrier George Washington. The Captain said they were going to assist in relief efforts.

OK, the choppers could help as could the Greyhounds, which are small cargo planes. But the four Hornet squadrons are the teeth of any carrier strike group. They aren't equipped for "humanitarian" operations. So why would they move? First, they are not moving far, meaning they are keeping the teeth around, but they are abandoning their own carrier. Why would they do that unless they expect radiation to come toward the base?

3. Doesn't sound that voluntary an evacuation to me. I think everyone on base, particularly dependents, just got volunteered.

4. Interesting that they have practiced Korea to Japan evacuations, meaning they expect Korea to heat up sooner or later and are ready for that.

From what I understand, since this is supposedly "Voluntary" they will not be compensated and will even have to foot the bill for the plane ticket for the commercial legs of the flight.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join