It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USGS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Ok, not sure where this thread goes so if this is out of place would the mods please move it to the appropriate spot.

Next, I was wondering if someone could be so kind and explain to me why it is taking so long for USGS to update their Mag. 2.5 worldwide page. I am sitting here right now looking at it and as we speak I KNOW there have been EQ's in the Japan area in the last 2 hours and yet USGS is not posting them. I understand that they have a lot to go through and they want a seizmologist to review some or all of them, but this is ridiculous. It doesn't take almost 2 hours to say "Yep, that's an earthquake and it happend right there." Any of us on ATS could look at the waveforms and know that much, and some really smart ATS people are pretty good at questimating the magnitudes. So what's the problem I ask? Maybe I am just not understanding the whole process.

Also, anyone else having issues with the two seizmos in Japan on their GEE the last couple of days. Have they been recalibrated or something? The signatures don't look the same as it did the day of the big quake or the couple of days afterwards.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
You mean this list?
earthquake.usgs.gov...
It's going to be a long wait.

Latest Earthquakes Magnitude 2.5 or Greater in the United States and Adjacent Areas and Magnitude 4.5 or Greater in the Rest of the World - Last 7 days

Beginning January 1, 2009, earthquakes outside the US below M4.5 are not reported unless NEIC obtains felt reports.

edit on 3/17/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by watchdog

Use the alternative here.. its more current.

Iris

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yeppers that would be the one. And I don't understand why such a long wait lol. Was wondering if I am missing something that a fellow ATS'er who is more knowledgable about these things could help me understand.

Edit to say" Phage well that may just be the explanation "the felt report" that is.
edit on 17-3-2011 by watchdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Dolan you're a genius!

Long wait lol.

top topics

join